Wine tasting at Dicey Reilly’s

MarriotPattaya

guys if they charge  80 baht for a bottle of water, what makes you think  that the wine and cheese would be free. They have a great location, it is owned by the Marriot, so no rent to pay, and yet they are the most expensive bar in Pattaya when they could be the cheapest. It makes no sense .

guys if they charge  80 baht for a bottle of water, what makes you think  that the wine and cheese would be free. They have a great location, it is owned by the Marriot, so no rent to pay, and yet they are the most expensive bar in Pattaya when they could be the cheapest. It makes no sense .

Isn't it poor form to complain about prices at a 5 star resort?

I'll bet their average Marriott guest makes $150,000 / year salary or more.

A walk-in rate for a sea view room with breakfast = 18,750Bt.

I really think they don't want the average Pattaya slob resident traipsing thru the place.

I really think they don't want the average Pattaya slob resident traipsing thru the place.

If so, why do they do a carvery for 350B (recently increased from 300B) which is cheaper and better quality than several others around town that I could mention? Also their late lamented Indian buffet at 300B.

The only odd thing about Dicey Reilly's pricing is the drinks, notably the small bottle of water at the previously mentioned 80B. It is very out of proportion with the price of the food.

Assuming that the 6 wines and the cheeses are varied and of good quality then 790B isn't a bad price (though the tapas and wine buffets available at competing establishments might be more varied). Of course if the wine is Mont Clair and the cheese buffet is that yellow rubbery stuff they call "mozzarella" here then it wont be much of a bargain.
  • Like 1

stick me down as  " + 1" on that.

If so, why do they do a carvery for 350B (recently increased from 300B) which is cheaper and better quality than several others around town that I could mention? Also their late lamented Indian buffet at 300B.

The only odd thing about Dicey Reilly's pricing is the drinks, notably the small bottle of water at the previously mentioned 80B. It is very out of proportion with the price of the food.

Assuming that the 6 wines and the cheeses are varied and of good quality then 790B isn't a bad price (though the tapas and wine buffets available at competing establishments might be more varied). Of course if the wine is Mont Clair and the cheese buffet is that yellow rubbery stuff they call "mozzarella" here then it wont be much of a bargain.

well said KK.