Absolutely Confused re: Non-Immigrant O-A Multiple Entry 90 Day Rule

Yes you are indeed confused. With your kind of VISA you are allowed NOT to have to exit Thailand to stay here. You just report to the immigartion every 90 day and gain another 90 days stay here. If you wish to exit Thailand, than you MUST purchase a so called Re Entry Permit otherwise your VISA will be cancelled as soon as you leave..

Glegolo

You are wrong. It is a multiple.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having a Non-Immigrant type O visa issued in Singapore based on my marriage to my Thai wife and my PR status in Singapore and I'm flying almost on a weekly base in or out of Thailand without a reentry permit, and get every time on arrival a 90 days visa stamp. I'm doing this for years now and had not one time any issues and not one question, even if enter on the land borders when I'm on my motorbike trips to Cambodia an Laos. However, I never needed an 'in country' extension after 90 days, so can not comment on this.

Yes you are indeed confused. With your kind of VISA you are allowed NOT to have to exit Thailand to stay here. You just report to the immigartion every 90 day and gain another 90 days stay here. If you wish to exit Thailand, than you MUST purchase a so called Re Entry Permit otherwise your VISA will be cancelled as soon as you leave..

Glegolo

Not completely wrong. Even multiple entry visa need a re-entry permit when re-entering after the "entry before" date. O-A visa is the prime example because that period can be like an year or so.

I'm having a Non-Immigrant type O visa issued in Singapore based on my marriage to my Thai wife and my PR status in Singapore and I'm flying almost on a weekly base in or out of Thailand without a reentry permit, and get every time on arrival a 90 days visa stamp. I'm doing this for years now and had not one time any issues and not one question, even if enter on the land borders when I'm on my motorbike trips to Cambodia an Laos. However, I never needed an 'in country' extension after 90 days, so can not comment on this.

This thread is about O-A visa. That is different from what you have.

Glegolo

Not completely wrong. Even multiple entry visa need a re-entry permit when re-entering after the "entry before" date. O-A visa is the prime example because that period can be like an year or so.

Yes, excuse me.

Go to the Immigration office. Get the straight scoop from that source. Capiche?

Which straight scoop? This thread has accurate and correct information, no matter your attempt to suggest otherwise in broken Italian.

Glegolo

Technically, one would be entering on the permission to stay, kept valid by the re-entry permit. The visa itself, would be used and finished upon the last entry.