Cleared 4 year overstay this month. Returned without problems.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome back!

4 years, only 20,000 baht, thats what i call a bargaintongue.png

and people here are advertising the elite card , just 20 times more expensivecheesy.gif

But they are being driven to city and back for "free".

IDC clients are being driver to the airport for 800-3,000 Bt

Every privilege has a price.

welcome back!

and people here are advertising the elite card , just 20 times more expensivecheesy.gif

But they are being driven to city and back for "free".

IDC clients are being driver to the airport for 800-3,000 Bt

Every privilege has a price.

well in the case of the OP, i guess he did take a normal taxi for a couple of hundreds baht.... when he come back todaywhistling.gif

welcome back!

you forgot the cost to so many because of this crackdown that he and his fellow scofflaws have encouraged.

• Like 2

welcome back!

you forgot the cost to so many because of this crackdown that he and his fellow scofflaws have encouraged.

bad, bad, bad OP ! tongue.png

On a more serious note, when you start to blame someone else for your own misery. So they might have, no real solution to your trouble....(old sayin in my country)

ps: thailand seems to shoot on their foot, dont follow their actswhistling.gif

welcome back!

bad, bad, bad OP ! tongue.png

On a more serious note, when you start to blame someone else for your own misery. So they might have, no real solution to your trouble....(old sayin in my country)

ps: thailand seems to shoot on their foot, dont follow their actswhistling.gif

no trouble here. except the fact that I cant understand much of what you try to pass off as English.

maybe you forgot to turn on your brain? Seriously you held the OP responsible for your own trouble!

• Like 1

No ignorance, I was very informed on the risks and benefits of the overstay and it was worth it for me. Going full legal now as it's now the best option. I came back today yes.

Yes, not ignorance, you were well informed and made a decision based on that information. I'm glad to hear everything worked out for you and that you have remained well enough informed to adapt to the new rules.

A lot of people who were in your situation and could afford to pay the 20K maximum fine and flights made the same decision as you did. I expect most people would look at this as an option. Those that can afford to get out of Thailand before the deadline and pay the fine will do as you did as well.

I really sympathize with the Cambodians who were working in Bangkok illegally. They could not afford passports so they made a similar cost/benefit analysis and decision. Many of them are back now legally documented and working under the MOU.

• Like 1

5000 THB per year

No visa run

No 90 days reports

No waiting for hours at immigration

No immigration interview

No MOE interview

No school fees

I am an idiot

1. You are assuming we arent being wound up

2. How many of us would have slept soundly over that 4 year period knowing we could end up in IDC ?

Thanks, but no thanks to that 'option'.

Agreed. Unless he lived off grid. What if you needed to purchase some vehicle, open bank account, etc?

But I suppose years ago it was much simplier to do those things.

OP is devoid of all responsibility. He lived here for 4 years knowing he could be arrested and deported at any time leaving all of his Thai life behind. No sense of loyalty to friends, lovers or work colleagues, as they could/would have all been discarded in an instant, or worse, burdened with his criminality. Pretty unsavoury one might say. On the other hand he might be a complete loner who had no one else in his life whatsoever for 4 years.

• Like 1

OP, thanks for reporting back.

May be after 1 or so months immigration officers got tired of doing their job and decided it was time to go back to being lazy.

Glad it has worked out well , but not sure if it's one off or the new lazy way