Cleared 4 year overstay this month. Returned without problems.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

5000 THB per year

No visa run

No 90 days reports

No waiting for hours at immigration

No immigration interview

No MOE interview

No school fees

I am an idiot

1. You are assuming we arent being wound up

2. How many of us would have slept soundly over that 4 year period knowing we could end up in IDC ?

Thanks, but no thanks to that 'option'.

Probably not applicable today, but it was done a lot 4 years ago.......................wink.png

Whereas I wouldn't do it (if I had a choice), welcome back Sickntired.

At any time in the four years could have been asked to produce his Passport.......then automatic deportation without going home first and probably blacklisted. Example you have a motorcycle accident etc. Stupid to overstay must have been short of money why else would someone knowingly overstay.

Its amazing how judgemental some people can be.

The OP told us what he did, he was not smug or gloating he simply reported fact. People in the same boat as him may have read his post and thought its about time they followed suite, so he may of even helped more people choose the legal way and done a service to the Country.

Some of the comments here are beyond belief

+1 ...

More I read this forum, less I'm likely to read the entire thread or keep following it. There are just too much unnecessary "noise" to filter out.

• Like 2

Its amazing how judgemental some people can be.

The OP told us what he did, he was not smug or gloating he simply reported fact. People in the same boat as him may have read his post and thought its about time they followed suite, so he may of even helped more people choose the legal way and done a service to the Country.

Some of the comments here are beyond belief

Yes, have to agree; unfortunately this forum is being taken over by grumpy old menopausial gits that make Victor Meldrew look like Ghandi.

I would suggest you take a trip down to Suan Plu and see the conditions the deportees are kept in. After you have helped get a dozen or so "friends" out of jail over the years then you might see why they are grumpy.

In addition to seeing friends and acquaintances shot, maimed, overdose, killed in road accidents, rot in their rooms, commit suicide etc. etc.

Besides that life's a ball. Overstay as much as you like you only live once.

• Like 1

Not deliberately trying to provoke but quite simply the OP should not have been allowed back in the country. Forget crackdown deadlines its totally out of order. Should have been charged daily for the entire 4 years and he many not have been so glib about it......

Both Thai Law and rules stated a maximum fine of 20,000 baht so people decide if they want to break law knowing what the penalty will be, thier desion. Now with new cracdown theywill be bared so either pay and now obay new rules/law or be banned.

• Like 1

5000 THB per year

No visa run

No 90 days reports

No immigration interview

No MOE interview

No school fees

I am an idiot

2. How many of us would have slept soundly over that 4 year period knowing we could end up in IDC ?

Actually, it seems to be you who are assuming. You don't like what the OP wrote, and so are saying it's must be untrue. I for one anm happy for this person.

• Like 1

You truly are the high end visitor that Thailand is aiming for, notwithstanding you total disregard for the law, your seemingly blahse (can not find the acute) attitude to a 4 year overstay.....................oh yeh, you are the cream of the crop................oops, sorry, meant to say you are the crud of the curd, and a very large part of the reason (probably) that the new stricter adherence to the rules has come about. Congratulations.............stroker !

Seems like you ran out of breath and almost got a stroke while writing that.

Brilliant observation mate !!!! clap2.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

oops, sorry, meant to say you are the crud of the curd, and a very large part of the reason (probably) that the new stricter adherence to the rules has come about. Congratulations.............stroker !

Obviously not because over-stayers get better treatment as the paying rest of us !

OP, thanks for reporting back.

May be after 1 or so months immigration officers got tired of doing their job and decided it was time to go back to being lazy.

Glad it has worked out well , but not sure if it's one off or the new lazy way

No.

It's always been that way.

Every single overstay report mentions how civil, polite, friendly officers are.

While the paying rest of us get ill-treatment.

As mentioned the guy before him got more hassle

Curious to know how the OP supported himself in those 4 years without workingwhistling.gif

Of course, the emoji accompanying (with a whistling face looking upward) is to imply that he is working illegally in Thailand. I get more than tired of this automatic assumption, particularly when it's not another person's business.

I have enough funds from outside Thailand to support myself, for example: I get music royalties. And I go to EU to play concerts several months out of each year. There's nothing illegal about it. It just doesn't seem to be what you would imagine. I've lived here for years, and have never had to or wanted to work in Thailand. I'm certainly not fabulously wealthy, either. Sometimes a month can be difficult, other times are not.

Enough with the accusations. Please.

Well said mate.....

you forgot the cost to so many because of this crackdown that he and his fellow scofflaws have encouraged.

Which cost to you? You stay still free on most people's ignore list.

got any stats on that list?

Well you're not on my list.

5000 THB per year

No visa run

No 90 days reports

No immigration interview

No MOE interview

No school fees

I am an idiot

I don't sleep soundly now over visa issues, and I paid a lot for what I believed would bring me sound sleep.

Edited by Kitsune
  • Like 1

I would suggest you take a trip down to Suan Plu and see the conditions the deportees are kept in. After you have helped get a dozen or so "friends" out of jail over the years then you might see why they are grumpy.

In addition to seeing friends and acquaintances shot, maimed, overdose, killed in road accidents, rot in their rooms, commit suicide etc. etc.

Besides that life's a ball. Overstay as much as you like you only live once.

Sir, I don't want to have an argument with you: but really...you spent the entire night already writing things about how 'a rain is coming to wash the scum from the streets', and talking about vigilantism and bounty hunting. You're obviously a very angry person. Now you're writing strange things about suicide, and violence.

Please, it's just not appropriate for a visa forum. Other people are just really not your business to that extent. Enjoy your own life. Do the right thing for yourself. Constantly focusing on some other person's visa problem the way you do, just isn't healthy or nice for others to see. I'm trying to be respectful in how I'm phrasing this.

John it's often been said you can't put an old head on young shoulders, some of the old timers here try their best to pass on good advice to the younger generations but it always seems to be dismissed offhand. Most generations have tried to change the World and failed miserably.

All these older guys are trying to do is give you the opportunity of learning from their mistakes instead of learning first hand. It saves a lot of time and grief.

I appreciate your respectful criticism and you don't need anyone's permission to follow your own path.

• Like 1

OP, pay no attention to the self-proclaimed princes here who slam you with their opine, innuendo, and verbal malaise. Many are angry for reasons outside topic and have little to do save denigrate others who they don't know. For those positive thoughts posted, right on. Wish there was more here. I applaud the moderators for doing as well as they do but keeping up with and managing the pointless BS posts..., I couldn't do it.

I don't know your circumstances..., I don't care. I'm guessing you'll sleep better tonight, that you know you WERE wrong, and you'll walk the proper path in the future. Be certain that you do. Next time, if you see trouble ahead, don't drive toward it. Pull over, figure out a better path, and take it.

All the best....,

I think many are upset, (including myself) that this guys just does not care about the law and chooses to overstay. I'm sure many here that are upset have a visa same as me. We follow the rules to stay legal in Thailand. Guys like him who dont care are one of the reasons for immigration to preform these crack downs. It's never been hard to stay in Thailand legally. For allot of people that are being affected (not me as I have a B visa and work permit) one of their options to do visa runs has been stopped because of people like him. People get upset because of exactly what he did is a result of the new crack down which is effecting so many long time stayers.

Since you are so happy for the OP, I guess you don't care about illegal immigrants in your home country either.

• Like 2

Not deliberately trying to provoke but quite simply the OP should not have been allowed back in the country. Forget crackdown deadlines its totally out of order. Should have been charged daily for the entire 4 years and he many not have been so glib about it......

"Should have not been allowed back" ? Based on your personal opinion, which obviously differs from the actual situation in the field since you don't call the shots - but immigration does. The OP came back without problems and is now staying "legally" in the country :-)

OP is devoid of all responsibility. He lived here for 4 years knowing he could be arrested and deported at any time leaving all of his Thai life behind. No sense of loyalty to friends, lovers or work colleagues, as they could/would have all been discarded in an instant, or worse, burdened with his criminality. Pretty unsavoury one might say. On the other hand he might be a complete loner who had no one else in his life whatsoever for 4 years.

Thats just an opinion. The OP made concious choices, weighing one risk over another. Imagine doing 4 years of border runs each month. 100% legit during those four past years, no risk for landing in the IDC BUT many others (beside the hassle and cost). For example risking your life each month 2x6 hours in a minivan speeding to and from the border, 48 times in 4 years - how "responsible" is that? Risking your life to be ok with "the law". From death one does not return, from IDC you usually do.

• Like 1

"Should have not been allowed back" ? Based on your personal opinion, which obviously differs from the actual situation in the field since you don't call the shots - but immigration does. The OP came back without problems and is now staying "legally" in the country :-)

So your personal opinion is obviously he should have been allowed back perhaps....

From death one does not return, from IDC you usually do.

Unless one catches a disease (any) that would be cured with Ibuprofen - at detainee cost,

Edited by paz