POLL: How Strong is Your Faith in Thailand?

HeijoshinCool

How Strong Is Your Faith?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If a Thai company built a roller-coaster in Bangkok, would you go for a ride?

No, but I would send my wife.................just to check.

+1 Totally agree with you.

I'd send your wife just to check also.

• Like 2

ever been to Dream World?

I looked at some photos of the RC at your Dreamworld. (#1 photo)

I'm guessing they call it Dreamworld because you can fall asleep on their roller coaster.

When I say roller coaster, the last photos are what I'm talking about.

I lived in Orlando for many years with the roller coaster at Universal Studios Orlando right in the neighborhood and I never rode it. When someone once asked me if that was because I was afraid of heights I said: I'm not sure -- but I have a pilot's license.

kraken2.jpg

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

I ride the biggest roller coaster every day as do many others - Thai built. The roads.

To answer you question more directly - as it appears it was gleaned out of an attempt to shoot down the locals. Yes I would ride a roller coaster here. I wouldn't however, be the first. And hopfully not the last. ;)

• Like 1

"Costed me a fortune for the kids to enjoy the rides, as for me wouldn't even dare to look at the bloody things going around.
Wouldn't dare to go on them."

You wouldnt go yourself but you would PAY to send children on them! ...amazing, people astound me at times.

Many years ago i put my daughter life at risk, by taking her to some crazy spinning wheel at some famous amusement park in my homecountry..

( the automatic-controlled safety belt was not working, and the device was nearly starting to spin )

I am almost sure my heart stopped for a few seconds...

You can guess what i think about those amusement parks..

• Like 1

Many years ago i put my daughter life at risk, by taking her to some crazy spinning wheel at some famous amusement park in my homecountry..

( the automatic-controlled safety belt was not working, and the device was nearly starting to spin )

I am almost sure my heart stopped for a few seconds...

You can guess what i think about those amusement parks..

Well, that would never happen here.

Thais don't wear their safety belts.

• Like 1

If a Thai company built a Toyota, Isuzu, Ford, Mitsubishi, BMW, Honda, Mazda......... would you take a ride in one of these???

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Under close Japanese supervision YES oh hang on????

• Like 1

If a Thai company built a Toyota, Isuzu, Ford, Mitsubishi, BMW, Honda, Mazda......... would you take a ride in one of these???

Of course i would any body can build cars on an assembly line not rocket science ,but design and quality control are done under close watch or supervision by people from the head office all said companys are only there for cheap labour not their technical skills.

Edited by Kudel

Of course i would any body can build cars on an assembly line not rocket science ,but design and quality control are done under close watch or supervision by people from the head office all said companys are only there for cheap labour not their technical skills.
The question was would you have faith in a Thai company that built a roller coaster - my point is of course I would, after all Thai companies are quite capable of building all of the above vehicles, building the internals of my smart phone, performing corrective eye surgery, drilling for, refining and producing oil products. I am quite sure the OP did not mean Somchai and Sombat - AKA farmers with hammers being let loose to construct some type of redneck fairground construction willy nilly. Or maybe it was just a veiled attack on Thais and Thai companies.......

The question was would you have faith in a Thai company that built a roller coaster - my point is of course I would, after all Thai companies are quite capable of building all of the above vehicles, building the internals of my smart phone, performing corrective eye surgery, drilling for, refining and producing oil products. I am quite sure the OP did not mean Somchai and Sombat - AKA farmers with hammers being let loose to construct some type of redneck fairground construction willy nilly. Or maybe it was just a veiled attack on Thais and Thai companies.......

Again as in your second post al things are done under supervision by people from the head office or by people Thais who studied abroad,if such a construction would be designed and built by a Thai company it would be done by sombat and somchai with hammers.

Why is it if somebody has an opinion they are slagging of Thais?

Something as simple as hooking up an atm machine got a little girl in coma and a condo collapsed a few days ago because their so called engineer doesn't understand the simple basic rules of structural engineering but instead applied thainess resulting in many deaths and i can give you more examples if you want but the list would be endless.

Edited by Kudel

Again as in your second post al things are done under supervision by people from the head office or by people Thais who studied abroad,if such a construction would be designed and built by a Thai company it would be done by sombat and somchai with hammers.
Why is it if somebody has an opinion they are slagging of Thais?
Something as simple as hooking up an atm machine got a little girl in coma and a condo collapsed a few days ago because their so called engineer doesn't understand the simple basic rules of structural engineering but instead applied thainess resulting in many deaths and i can give you more examples if you want but the list would be endless.
I could bombard you with engineering catastrophes all over the world with absolutely no relation to Thailand, I guess it would not change your blinkered view that if it is Thai it must be substandard, I am not going to argue with you, I am merely pointing out that just because it is Thai engineered and produced it does not mean that it is automatically sub standard as you seem to automatically assume. .

• Like 1