Cliff Richard's home searched by police investigating sexual abuse claim

Lite Beer

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the guys with the wholesome public images are the sick perverts.

So you have already judged Cliff Richard and found him guilty?

In the UK we have trial by jury to determine whether or not someone is guilty; not the lynch mob.

It's a pity we don't just move over to the lynch mob system, it would be much cheaper. ;)

I would never be on the receiving end of it as I would be well qualified to lead the mob :P

Offensive response to a valid argument removed, hiding behind the <deleted> button, doesn't let you off the hook.

If you cannot respond in an appropriate way, then please don't post.

(7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

(8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

This whole affair has gone out of control IMHO. Smells a bit like the communism nonsense in America in the 50's or the inquisition. People being accused of criminal offences for the purpose of a payoff after so many years just does not sit well with me

• Like 1

This whole affair has gone out of control IMHO. Smells a bit like the communism nonsense in America in the 50's or the inquisition. People being accused of criminal offences for the purpose of a payoff after so many years just does not sit well with me

Are you aware people are going to jail?

Yes they go to jail after theire been convicted and had a trial.

Not all dirty, old men are paedos , not even in Pattaya.

They are if they abuse children, and it's for this that Richard is being investigated, not spanking Sue Barker with a pair of marigolds.

Yes they go to jail after theire been convicted and had a trial.

Not all dirty, old men are paedos , not even in Pattaya.

They are if they abuse children, and it's for this that Richard is being investigated, not spanking Sue Barker with a pair of marigolds.

Now there's a mental image that cannot be unssen.

• Like 1

You go too far AOA!

Too far from what CM ?

There's a couple of posters here who advocate waiting to see if he's actually guilty before he's executed and who are in favor of due process, I'm one of them - if we do away with that process or undermine it, the judicial world turns into hastily arranged kangaroo courts and summary judgement, similar to Thailand currently where mob rule beats and frequently kills people who cause a road traffic accident or other crime.

There's then another single poster who when he sees such comments, is immediately convinced such people are pedo's or sick individuals, personally I think that person may be unwell or lacking comprehension skills!

So when another poster says, "People being accused of criminal offences for the purpose of a payoff after so many years just does not sit well with me", it's a step over the line to ask that person if they are a pedo'", it's unnecessarily proactive, suggestively accusatory and typical of that poster to be destructive rather than constructive.

• Like 1

You go too far AOA!

Too far from what CM ?

There's a couple of posters here who advocate waiting to see if he's actually guilty before he's executed and who are in favor of due process, I'm one of them - if we do away with that process or undermine it, the judicial world turns into hastily arranged kangaroo courts and summary judgement, similar to Thailand currently where mob rule beats and frequently kills people who cause a road traffic accident or other crime.

There's then another single poster who when he sees such comments, is immediately convinced such people are pedo's or sick individuals, personally I think that person may be unwell or lacking comprehension skills!

So when another poster says, "People being accused of criminal offences for the purpose of a payoff after so many years just does not sit well with me", it's a step over the line to ask that person if they are a pedo'", it's unnecessarily proactive, suggestively accusatory and typical of that poster to be destructive rather than constructive.

Cm, I don't think that AOA was trying to be offensive but was playing on the words that often rang out during the McCarthy witch hunt ("Are you now or have you ever been a member of the communist party?").

In other words, I think that AOA was agreeing with slipperx that the situation mirrors the McCarthy commie witch hunt of the 50s.

• Like 1

You go too far AOA!

Too far from what CM ?

Cm, I don't think that AOA was trying to be offensive but was playing on the words that often rang out during the McCarthy witch hunt ("Are you now or have you ever been a member of the communist party?").

In other words, I think that AOA was agreeing with slipperx that the situation mirrors the McCarthy commie witch hunt of the 50s.

If indeed that was the intent, I stand corrected and I apologize to AOA, I didn't see that connection at the time. I would hope however that he will understand my nervousness on this point given the barrage of "hang 'em high, now" comments at the start of the thread and the personal slurs seen since against people advocating due process.

The Hang 'em High crowd does have some justification on their side because a certain man who liked "Summer Holidays" made no secret of the fact he was a "Rent Boy" (male prostitute) in his younger days.

It has also been psychologically proven that those that were abused as children or teenagers are most likely to return the favour in their adult years.

So Franky I believe your testicles will remain attached.

The Hang 'em High crowd does have some justification on their side because a certain man who liked "Summer Holidays" made no secret of the fact he was a "Rent Boy" (male prostitute) in his younger days.

Provide proof what you say is true, a link from a reliable source to confirm your accusation, not interested in reading some nobody's blog, please.

• Like 1

It has also been psychologically proven that those that were abused as children or teenagers are most likely to return the favour in their adult years.

Again, provide proof, it's OK with me if you want to spout off with unproven comments and accusations about various folks, but please, state that's what you are doing you're doing upfront otherwise some people may think you are serious!.

Are you now, or have you ever been a pedophile?

Don't be absurd - you have however made my point exactly - just like the inquisition with about as much sense as the people doing that questioning

• Like 1

Are you aware people are going to jail?

Yes - they burned witches too but popular opinion gradually changed along with the law. I have three children myself so I detest people that prey on kids as much as you do and maybe even more. The point is if I knew someone was interfering with mine, and assuming I could restrain myself from violence, then I would use every endeavor to bring them to justice swiftly - not 40 years later because there might be a pot of gold at the end. That is my point.

• Like 2

Provide proof what you say is true, a link from a reliable source to confirm your accusation, not interested in reading some nobody's blog, please.

How is it ever likely there would be news on anything other than someone's blog when over the years there have been many controversial stories about his background but within hours of the story about to be printed his lawyers usually started legal proceedings for libel and thousands of copies of the newspaper were recalled and pulped.ermm.gif

• Like 1

How is it ever likely there would be news on anything other than someone's blog when over the years there have been many controversial stories about his background but within hours of the story about to be printed his lawyers usually started legal proceedings for libel and thousands of copies of the newspaper were recalled and pulped.ermm.gif

Well said AT I've looked for links but can't find them but stories of his rent boy past were all over the newspapers in the '60s.

Once again, give me proof via a reliable professional link that what you're saying is supported and true and not just yap yap. You seem to have lots of inside knowledge, prove it.

Well said AT I've looked for links but can't find them but stories of his rent boy past were all over the newspapers in the '60s.

Please search and produce a couple:

http://www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/

Really ? I don't believe you, show me the evidence then. If it really were all over the newspapers in the 60's it shouldnt be so hard to find some articles about it in the archives of The Sun or Daily Mirror. Edited by balo

Really ? I don't believe you, show me the evidence then. If it really were all over the newspapers in the 60's it shouldnt be so hard to find some articles about it in the archives of The Sun or Daily Mirror.

ha ha what is the point ?giggle.gif

even the Daily Mirror isn’t acceptable as a source to chiang mai.rolleyes.gif

Really ? I don't believe you, show me the evidence then. If it really were all over the newspapers in the 60's it shouldnt be so hard to find some articles about it in the archives of The Sun or Daily Mirror.

ha ha what is the point ?giggle.gif

even the Daily Mirror isn’t acceptable as a source to chiang mai.rolleyes.gif

I'll take any newspaper article over your word alone, even the National Enquirer.