Cleared 11 year overstay

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not angry just sad that you treated the law here with such contempt. IMO you should have been blacklisted for at least another 11 years.

Why do you feel that way? I don't understand why there are so many people at this forum angry at other people who take chances with the laws.

You are mis quoting me, I did not say I was angry, although the Thai immigration did not sound too pleased. People taking the p--s like this with Thai laws can only result in the rest of us getting a bad name and the tightening up of visa laws, as we are now seeing. The original poster is not some kind of hero for getting away with it, he has been irresponsible in ignoring Thai immigration law. Taking chances with the law is never going to endear the expat community to the Thai authorities, the OP is doing us no favours.

I think you must be angry at him if you want him blacklisted for 11 years. If you are only sad, I don't understand why you want him punished so much.

I think the Thai people and authorities have opinions about the foreigners living here that nothing will change. Some will always hate us, some will always like us and some don't care if we are here. When our actions don't have a real effect on them, they won't care if somebody overstays their welcome. And if you do everything within Thai laws, how can it matter what other expats or foreigners do? maybe their bad actions even make you look better for being good and doing everything the Thai government tells you to do.

Edited by waynethor
  • Like 1

Not angry just sad that you treated the law here with such contempt. IMO you should have been blacklisted for at least another 11 years.

Why do you feel that way? I don't understand why there are so many people at this forum angry at other people who take chances with the laws.

You are mis quoting me, I did not say I was angry, although the Thai immigration did not sound too pleased. People taking the p--s like this with Thai laws can only result in the rest of us getting a bad name and the tightening up of visa laws, as we are now seeing. The original poster is not some kind of hero for getting away with it, he has been irresponsible in ignoring Thai immigration law. Taking chances with the law is never going to endear the expat community to the Thai authorities, the OP is doing us no favours.

I think you must be angry at him if you want him blacklisted for 11 years. If you are only sad, I don't understand why you want him punished so much.

I think the Thai people and authorities have opinions about the foreigners living here that nothing will change. Some will always hate us, some will always like us and some don't care if we are here. When our actions don't have a real effect on them, they won't care if somebody overstays their welcome. And if you do everything within Thai laws, how can it matter what other expats or foreigners do? maybe their bad actions even make you look better for being good and doing everything the Thai government tells you to do.

nonsense. people always judge all by the actions of the few

We can disagree. I think to say that all people will be any way in any situation must be wrong but I will not make more comments.

I read in this forum before i signed up to ask 1 question and I could see that many people love only to insult and make bad remarks here. I said to myself that I would not post comments here because almost all topics here turn into just silly remarks and nasty behaviour. So i guess I should thank you for reminding me to only get information here. It seems there are very many angry people on this forum who need reactions from other people. It's strange.

• Like 1

I guess 11 years ago the situation was very different visa situation. Overstay was unofficially tolerated by Immigration as long as you have money.

Sorry, but simply not true.

Its clearly true !! 20,000 Baht max fine tells everyone it is/was tolerated

• Like 1

We can disagree. I think to say that all people will be any way in any situation must be wrong but I will not make more comments.

I read in this forum before i signed up to ask 1 question and I could see that many people love only to insult and make bad remarks here. I said to myself that I would not post comments here because almost all topics here turn into just silly remarks and nasty behaviour. So i guess I should thank you for reminding me to only get information here. It seems there are very many angry people on this forum who need reactions from other people. It's strange.

I started reading more often because I was unsure of the visa situation and wanted to clarify the details in order to conform to any rule changes. What I found were cretins filled with their own sense of self importance literally jumping up and down with glee cluttering every thread with misinformation whilst chanting "go home" "unwanted" "shut the door on your way out" etc etc.

If it wasn’t fro the quality factually based input from guys like UbonJoe then this forum would be useless as a source of information, so a big thanks to UbonJoe for dispelling the rumors and the information and advice he's provided.

• Like 2

Ur a champion but l just wonder . Hw can u ride bike or car if police stop u . If 1 day police ask ur passé port u will feel like paki in UK without paper . Why people come from rich country go to Thailand overstay l will never understand that . Go to Cambodia 290$ u get ur 1 year visa . Go Malaysia 3 month without visa .Laos 600$ 1 year visa . If u dnt have enough money stay ur country .

Most countries in the world, USA included, do not consider immigration issues to be criminal.

You can accuse the OP of taking incredible risks, but he's not a criminal for overstaying.

It's correct that he was not blacklisted and allowed back in, because that's the way the system worked.. the real issue here is that it'll change very soon as if anyone reading this is on a serious overstay there really is no time like the present to get it sorted.

• Like 1

I sent for new passport and the stamps were transferred at Suvarnabhumi. It was not a concern of the passport issuing authority.

Must look a bit strange when the last entry stamp predates the passport issue date by 11 years blink.png

• Like 1

uummmmm how does this work as a passport is only valid for 10 years? Did you get a new one sent to thailand with on overstay on it already?

Should have been a better troll post this, i'd have gone for 9 years and 7 months.

Bummer! OP had new passport and your internet detective test has failed, at the cost of OP's perfect post count of 1.

Try again next time!

Well 'Paz' if thats what you want me to call you... my spidey senses are starting to tingle... I call you the OP sir, and I welcome you back to Thailand - don't do it again.

How did you not get bored staying in the same country for 11 whole years?

Ask him not me. Then go you can go play again virtual detective until is dark.

• Like 1

Quite honestly it is your type of person, sir, which causes all the problems in the first place.

I notice that you very proud to be such an accomplished criminal - and obviously glad to state this publicly.

I am sure I am not alone in wishing you ill in your next endeavour to besmirch the reputation of foreigners here.

• Like 2

Does it really not occur to people that it is only due to this kind of total disrespect for the law that it has been necessary to introduce a crackdown in the first place........

True, however also consider the several hundred thousand undocumented foreigners from neighboring countries who were employed in Bangkok in large factories. Isn't the NCPO's increased scrutiny of foreigners part of its national security initiative? Does anyone consider Khow San Rd. type overstayers a national security threat?

11 years for 20,000 baht, at 1818 baht per year you even got a better deal than the retirement extension folks clap2.gif

Are you forgetting something here ?

He had to remain permanently in the oven without a break for 11 years with nothing to do except drink alcohol and talk silly rubbish to unintelligent, uninterest-ing/ed tarts and things sitting in bars.

What a waste of 11 years, cheap yes, but what a waste of a life ! bah.gif

Edited by thejcb
  • Like 1

This is nothing other than abuse and total lack of respect of the visa system and the country.

LOS is failing to have a complete policy on visas and offenders.

I'm sure u wouldn't get away with that 'abuse' in your own country.

Edited by rmacee
  • Like 1

This is nothing other than abuse and total lack of respect of the visa system and the country.

LOS is failing to have a complete policy on visas and offenders.

I'm sure u wouldn't get away with that 'abuse' in your own country.

You're in a really righteous huff here, as if the "total lack of respect" is aimed at you personally. :lol: