Michael Brown killing: State police take over riot-hit US town

webfact

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the officers facial fractures? This guy and Trayvon got what they deserved. They wanted to be bad <deleted> gangsta's, welcome to real world.

We got you the first time pal.

The post has one question followed by two deductive closed statements.

You want to ask legitimate questions, then ask legitimate questions.

Too much of the time in too many places in too many instances the police haven't solved problems for a long time now. I think it began during the 1960s when the police started spending their time bashing baby boomers, gassing 'em and cracking us over the head.

Now the police are where they are, which is shooting people at will.

US Police Have Killed Over 5,000 Civilians Since 9/11

Though Americans commonly believe law enforcement’s role in society is to protect them and ensure peace and stability within the community, the sad reality is that police departments are often more focused on enforcing laws, making arrests and issuing citations.

As a result of this as well as an increase in militarized policing techniques, Americans are eight times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist, estimates a Washington’s Blog report based on official statistical data.

It’s estimated that between 500 and 1,000 Americans are killed by police officers each year. Since 9/11, about 5,000 Americans have been killed by U.S. police officers, which is almost equivalent to the number of U.S. soldiers who have been killed in the line of duty in Iraq.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article36807.htm

I did ask a legitimate question and made two statements, deal with it.

As to police weapons and tactics, I do have concerns, especially the 'No Knock' warrants at the wrong address. But, this has nothing to do with those, this is just some deadbeat wannabe, getting his ass shot off. He, like Trayvon picked on the wrong guy.

Officer Wilson was the aggressor.

When wuz the last time a cop said anything to you or anyone you know about jaywalking, much less what the killer cop barked at Brown and Johnson, which was to "Get on the &lt;deleted&gt; sidewalk," ?

That unprovoked aggression carried Wilson in his primitive temperament to execute Brown, in yet another execution.

Wilson will be charged and he'll be convicted of wrongful death in one of its many forms - murder, manslaughter etc - or he'll be convicted on civil rights charges, perhaps also convicted on civil rights charges.

Wilson is a walking inmate.....actually, one who is in hiding from the facts and the truth, not to mention a jury.

The FPD chief needs to be fired. The days are numbered now for the St Louis county police chief.

The country prosecutor needs to exit the case or be dismissed from the case by the governor under the governor's authority in the state of emergency decree.

Gov. Nixon Calls For ‘Vigorous Prosecution’ Of Darren Wilson

Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon made his boldest statement in the shooting death of an unarmed black man on Tuesday, saying a "vigorous prosecution must now be pursued."

In the ?statement?, Nixon said,"The democratically elected St. Louis County prosecutor and the Attorney General of the United States, each have a job to do. Their obligation to achieve justice in the shooting death of Michael Brown must be carried out thoroughly, promptly, and correctly; and I call upon them to meet those expectations."

http://www.kctv5.com/story/26313177/mo-gov-nixon-vigorous-prosecution-needed-after-death-of-michael-brown

the shooting was justified

it was not about jay walking, that incident ended and he began to drive off,

then the radio put out the description of the pair, and he put his car in reverse and everyone panicked

this is not going to become a proescution

• Like 1

And the officers facial fractures? This guy and Trayvon got what they deserved. They wanted to be bad <deleted> gangsta's, welcome to real world.

Too much of the time in too many places in too many instances the police haven't solved problems for a long time now. I think it began during the 1960s when the police started spending their time bashing baby boomers, gassing 'em and cracking us over the head.

Though Americans commonly believe law enforcement’s role in society is to protect them and ensure peace and stability within the community, the sad reality is that police departments are often more focused on enforcing laws, making arrests and issuing citations.

As a result of this as well as an increase in militarized policing techniques, Americans are eight times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist, estimates a Washington’s Blog report based on official statistical data.

It’s estimated that between 500 and 1,000 Americans are killed by police officers each year. Since 9/11, about 5,000 Americans have been killed by U.S. police officers, which is almost equivalent to the number of U.S. soldiers who have been killed in the line of duty in Iraq.

In the US 100 blacks were killed by police last year, 5000 blacks were killed by other blacks last year. You tell me where the problem is??

Too many police in too many places over too much time now have failed to solve problems.

Police keep creating new problems.

I said it once and I'll say it again.

Many times, as necessary.

Have a good day.

Here is what is supposed to be the operative Missouri statute governing police use of deadly force to effect a felony arrest. Sorry - I do not have a link ... this came off twitter and is supposed to have a PBS origin... it was just passed on to me..

post-135557-0-18228300-1408585910_thumb.

Wilson will be charged and he'll be convicted of wrongful death in one of its many forms - murder, manslaughter etc - or he'll be convicted on civil rights charges, perhaps also convicted on civil rights charges.

Aren't you the one going on and on about other people writing fiction? I'm afraid that no one is buying your fortune telling skills.

fortune.jpg

• Like 1

Big bad Leroy Brown was on recorded video - holding the store manager by the collar... throttling him ... but oh yes Mister Brown was a choir boy ... just waiting for rehearsal... all done before he later reached in - punched the cop - broke the cops face with his dainty almost 300 pounds AND tried to wrestle the cop's gun away ... then a few moments later tried to 'bumrush ' the cop to finished him off - BUT the cop shot Mr. Brown as he rushed to him - using the one eye he could see out of ... after Big Bad Leroy Brown had smashed the other ...

Gonzo fiction.

Though Americans commonly believe law enforcements role in society is to protect them and ensure peace and stability within the community, the sad reality is that police departments are often more focused on enforcing laws, making arrests and issuing citations.

As a result of this as well as an increase in militarized policing techniques, Americans are eight times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist, estimates a Washingtons Blog report based on official statistical data.

Its estimated that between 500 and 1,000 Americans are killed by police officers each year. Since 9/11, about 5,000 Americans have been killed by U.S. police officers, which is almost equivalent to the number of U.S. soldiers who have been killed in the line of duty in Iraq.

Moron . . .

• Like 2

Militarization of American police forces is a hot topic among Conservatives. On various social media we have been crying out against this for a long time. Oddly enough it may well be an area of concern were Left and Right can join together to reverse the trend... Wouldn't that be amazing.

However one thing... many of us can think in a binary mode... Militarization of American police force is excessive, unnecessary and wrong and should be done away with IMO... while at the same time I do not attribute every questionable act of a police officer as being caused by Militarization.

It was not the flak jacketed, helmeted, military looking legion of police that encountered Brown - it was just one policeman in a patrol car surveying his beat. Militarization and an accusation of excessive use of force can be separate issues. The Militarized part came into account when they were sent to control the so called 'protest'. There is a dilemma here that is fairly obvious... the 'protest' in Ferguson quickly became violent - rocks thrown, shots fired, gasoline bombs thrown. But in the Ferguson situation it was difficult to tell which came first - the chicken or the egg?

When police are militarized to the point that one cannot recognize if we are dealing with a civilian police force or the army then there is a problem. Militarized police will act like the military and America will begin to look like Iraq at the worst times

In my opinion the first proper police reaction is not to put out basically an army using intimidation tactics, ordering and pushing people around then tell people that they can only have 1st Amendment Rights (freedom of speech) at some certain little spot... which is unconstitutional)...

Rather it is better to initially have crowd control - then if the situation become violent - cops who are better able to protect themselves with helmets, shields, etc. should be brought out... But immediate appearance of armored vehicles, cops in black uniforms, wearing flak jackets, sporting rifles, etc. is not called for. And in my opinion police forces should not have armored vehicles in the first place and bringing out rifles for crowd control is idiotic.

Bottom line though we in American have had accusations of excessive use of police force long before the militarization effort began in earnest around 2010. So it is not new and did not come about because of militarization. One cop confronting Mr. Brown is not a phalanx of military troops.

you may have missed the chronology

Ferguson was being looted and burned, one small block at a time,

they didnt have enough police to stop it safely.

the big guns came in after the looting went viral on national tv

So you are saying that people in Ferguson began looting and burning within hours of the shooting, was it the next morning or when do you say it began... ?

A pound of white flesh wanted by the lynch mob...

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/david-horowitz/a-pound-of-white-flesh-2/

Lol, what a ridiculous article, thanks for linking to it. I actually thought it might be satire, especially by the time they're saying "It is time for this corrosive and destructive mythology to be challenged by more Americans than just Bill O’Reilly and (less forthrightly) the Fox network" but apparently it's a real website.

It sounds like both of these killings would not have happened if the police had used tasers instead of firearms.

The policeman was patrolling alone. I would not attempt to use a taser on a 6 ft 4 inch suspect - that I knew was wanted for a strong-arm robbery - on my own. It is too easy to take away.

I must have missed it. Have they established that the cop knew about the robbery?

Yes.

Big bad Leroy Brown was on recorded video - holding the store manager by the collar... throttling him ... but oh yes Mister Brown was a choir boy ... just waiting for rehearsal... all done before he later reached in - punched the cop - broke the cops face with his dainty almost 300 pounds AND tried to wrestle the cop's gun away ... then a few moments later tried to 'bumrush ' the cop to finished him off - BUT the cop shot Mr. Brown as he rushed to him - using the one eye he could see out of ... after Big Bad Leroy Brown had smashed the other ...

Gonzo fiction.

Have you considered that they were bad people that had to be put down for threatening to kill cops?

If I lived in the states and a bad man/ men broke into my house and threatened me and my family, I'd put him/ them down with the biggest, baddest gun I was able to buy.

Unfortunately, in nanny state countries like the UK you have to let them kill you, and then the police can put out stupid statements about what a tragedy it was.

• Like 1

Have you considered that they were bad people that had to be put down for threatening to kill cops?

If I lived in the states and a bad man/ men broke into my house and threatened me and my family, I'd put him/ them down with the biggest, baddest gun I was able to buy.

Unfortunately, in nanny state countries like the UK you have to let them kill you, and then the police can put out stupid statements about what a tragedy it was.

Michael Brown is not the one or only young black man to be shot to death by police while being unarmed and holding his arms up in the air surrendering.

The killing of Brown is the first high profile instance of this locally reported police crime.

And it's normal routine in each case for the police to boldface deny the young unarmed black man they killed held his hands in the air to surrender. It's also the pattern that the police invent the lie the young black man they shot and killed advanced menacingly toward them

Exactly How Often Do Police Shoot Unarmed Black Men?

The killing in Ferguson was one of many such cases. Here's what the data reveal

The killing of Michael Brown by police in Ferguson, Missouri, was no anomaly: As we reported yesterday, Brown is one of at least four unarmed black men who died at the hands of police in the last month alone. There are many more cases from years past.

As Jeffrey Mittman, executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union's Missouri chapter put it in a statement of condolence to Brown's family, "Unarmed African-American men are shot and killed by police at an alarming rate. This pattern must stop."

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/08/police-shootings-michael-brown-ferguson-black-men

The article I linked in my previous post that you cite above quotes Mike Prysner, a director of the Los Angles chapter of Answer, an anti-racism group.....

A big element in the police killings, Prysner says, is racism. “A big majority of those killed are Latinos and Black people,” while the police officers are mostly White, he said. “It’s a badge of honor to shoot gang members so [the police] go out and shoot people who look like gang members,” Prysner argued, giving the example of 34-year-old Rigoberto Arceo, who was killed by police on May 11.

The Los Angeles Times article linked below reports Arceo was stopped at night outside his home by LAPD in an incident that totaled 5 seconds. Arceo was unarmed, raised his arms in the air and then was shot to death by the police. Arceo died hours later at the St. Francis Medical Center where he was a biomedical technician.

Family Disputes Sheriff’s Account in Fatal Shooting

Arceo’s sister and 53-year-old Armando Garcia — who was barbecuing in his yard when the incident happened — say that Arceo had his hands above his head the entire time

Less than a week after Arceo was killed, Armando Garcia, 53, said he watched as the confrontation unfolded, illuminated by a nearby streetlight. He said he will never forget Arceo’s hands falling as his body slumped to the ground.

http://homicide.latimes.com/post/rigoberto-arceo-smile-and-wave/

It's Open Season for the police twelve months a year coast to coast, border to border and there are people around here who love it.

The article might be a little over the top, but it seems pretty accurate to me.

Why isnt anyone speaking the most obvious and most disturbing truth about what has been taking place in Ferguson? This is a lynch mob. It is unconcerned with the facts, impatient with due process, and it wants a severely injured officer who is probably the victim of a vicious criminal thug, indicted, tried and convicted or else.

Officer Wilson dismissed due process entirely and completely while consciously deciding to take someone's life.

Brown was unarmed.

Wilson had several means at his disposal, to of course include his piece.

I think officer Wilson who is still in hiding is a wuss.

A pound of white flesh wanted by the lynch mob...

Lol, what a ridiculous article, thanks for linking to it. I actually thought it might be satire, especially by the time they're saying "It is time for this corrosive and destructive mythology to be challenged by more Americans than just Bill O’Reilly and (less forthrightly) the Fox network" but apparently it's a real website.

Yep.

The focus today is on the protests and demonstrations that won't stop until the chiefs respectively of the city and the county police forces are fired and not until the prosecutor who's criticized the governor for advocating full prosecution either recuses himself or is removed by the governor himself.

The line here today is that the demonstrators who are outraged by the murder of Brown are, of all things, a lynch mob. cheesy.gif

The old line hacks who are chiefs of police, county prosecutors and other rear guard officials in Ferguson and in St Louis county have to quit or this will be just another whitewash coverup and yet another instance of justice denied.

The past couple of pages of the thread are full of the term "lynch mob." That's because today is to push the "lynch mob" line here.

The fact is the demonstrators protesting outside are the people. The mob are inside wearing uniforms, suits, ties, squirreled away in government buildings sealed and insulated from the people by police and national guard.

New law only allows police of same ethnicity to shoot suspects

August 21, 2014 ·

http://thoughtgrime.com/new-law-only-allows-police-of-same-ethnicity-to-shoot-suspects/

New law, members of the "thug life" are also allowed to loot stores on the second Wednesday of each month, but can only take what they can physically carry and the five finger discount for all tobacco products, Lean ingredients and malt liqueur is in effect on Saturdays and Sundays. New law enacted to keep violence to a minimum, prohibit armed robberies and keep prison populations to a minimum. White store owners objecting to or trying to interfere with five finger discounts will spend 30 days in jail and pay $5,000 in restitution to "thug life" member victim trying to exercise their five finger discount.

Such a law would make Obama and Holder proud.

• Like 1

August 21, 2014 ·

http://thoughtgrime.com/new-law-only-allows-police-of-same-ethnicity-to-shoot-suspects/

New law, members of the "thug life" are also allowed to loot stores on the second Wednesday of each month, but can only take what they can physically carry and the five finger discount for all tobacco products, Lean ingredients and malt liqueur is in effect on Saturdays and Sundays. New law enacted to keep violence to a minimum, prohibit armed robberies and keep prison populations to a minimum. White store owners objecting to or trying to interfere with five finger discounts will spend 30 days in jail and pay $5,000 in restitution to "thug life" member victim trying to exercise their five finger discount.

Clever approach, yep.

What does the extreme fanatical irrational far right get?

There must be some quid pro quo to such a great deal.

Cops get a couple of daze / days a month of free shooting?

Cops are getting free shooting now as it is, so there would have to be more to it than there is already.

August 21, 2014 ·

Clever approach, yep.

What does the extreme fanatical irrational far right get?

There must be some quid pro quo to such a great deal.

Cops get a couple of daze / days a month of free shooting?

Cops are getting free shooting now as it is, so there would have to be more to it than there is already.

Midol may help that. Haha, I think I need a Midol just listening to you!

The article might be a little over the top, but it seems pretty accurate to me.

Why isnt anyone speaking the most obvious and most disturbing truth about what has been taking place in Ferguson? This is a lynch mob. It is unconcerned with the facts, impatient with due process, and it wants a severely injured officer who is probably the victim of a vicious criminal thug, indicted, tried and convicted or else.

Officer Wilson dismissed due process entirely and completely while consciously deciding to take someone's life.

Brown was unarmed.

Wilson had several means at his disposal, to of course include his piece.

I think officer Wilson who is still in hiding is a wuss.

Oh, I think we all know who the wuss is.laugh.png

• Like 1

How many arrest each year? Something like 13,000,000.

In 2011, 600 suspects shot and killed by police. There are many instances of suicide by cop.

178 cops killed in line if duty.

So arrest by police officers result in shooting death of suspect 0.00004669 per each arrest and the number would be much smaller for death per each confrontation.

0.00004669 death rate per arrest is hardly the open season or chrinic problem suggested by some on here.

• Like 2

How many arrest each year? Something like 13,000,000.

In 2011, 600 suspects shot and killed by police. There are many instances of suicide by cop.

178 cops killed in line if duty.

So arrest by police officers result in shooting death of suspect 0.00004669 per each arrest and the number would be much smaller for death per each confrontation.

0.00004669 death rate per arrest is hardly the open season or chrinic problem suggested by some on here.

Figures don't lie but liars know how to figure.

This is a specific case of a dead teenager and a hard running trigger happy cop so let's get back down to the hard and specific reality of the killer cop Wilson and the unarmed victim Michael Brown.

There are a number of cases in the U.S. that are the same or similar to the Wilson-Brown case and which are, in a sense, almost identical, i.e., cops arbitrarily shooting and killing an unarmed black or Hispanic male who has his arms in the air in surrender.

Dirty Harry would diss this cop Wilson as a disgrace to the uniform and to police work in the USA. Yes, unlike the wild unsustainable fiction of the far right here, the fictitious Dirty Harry was a movie whose character and themes are real in what's known in law enforcement as the "Dirty Harry Syndrome," or problem.

Does the end justify the means? This is a real question and issue in law enforcement. The reality is that cops get cynical and burned out to the point they consider getting their perceived bad guy by any means to be worthy of a trophy, i.e., the support and adoration of their equally warped peers.

There's a body of work on this throughout the halls of legitimate and uncorrupted law enforcement in the U.S. and the UK.

Police Officers and the “Dirty Harry” Problem

It is feared that the Dirty Harry Problem is now a widespread problem in many police departments. Many say that these activities are being done not only by police officers who are known as rotten apples but by even those considered as best officers who are also respected by their peers . As such, it is considered as the most threatening type of misconduct. It is basically the idea deeply held by individuals who think that the ends justify the means.

http://jasonquintal.com/police-officers-and-the-dirty-harry-problem/