Michael Brown killing: State police take over riot-hit US town

webfact

The real question in response to the post above is why hasn't officer Wilson been arrested.

Reportedly, 12 eye witnesses have supported the officers side of the story and the police have released a video of Brown using violence to steal from a convenience store shortly before, with Dorian Anderson accompanying him. No wonder the officer has not been arrested.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real question in response to the post above is why hasn't officer Wilson been arrested.

Reportedly, 12 eye witnesses have supported the officers side of the story and the police have released a video of Brown using violence to steal from a convenience store shortly before, with Dorian Anderson accompanying him. No wonder the officer has not been arrested.

Gee, I'd read on some extreme well financed right wing media there were 20 witnesses. That was yesterday. Tomorrow there are likely to be 50 witnesses to support the far extreme right in its fancies and prejudices.

Be sure to keep us up to date, thx.

First off, you claimed Brown did not have a criminal record. Uhm, he did not have an adult criminal record, but then again how long had he been an adult?

Not very long. He was 18 years old, so his adult criminal record would have consisted of only a few months. His juvenile record is hidden. whistling.gif

Juvi record, on video stealing and bullying a store owner, confronting a police officer . . . How much did he do that is not on video or reported? Good kid my arse. Career thug in the making. Not saying he deserved to get shot. I don't know, but this good boy innocent child crap is crap. If you call him a good boy or innocent child, your judgment and credibility is gone right there.

It sounds like both of these killings would not have happened if the police had used tasers instead of firearms.

The policeman was patrolling alone. I would not attempt to use a taser on a 6 ft 4 inch suspect - that I knew was wanted for a strong-arm robbery - on my own. It is too easy to take away.

It's too bad then you weren't there to hold the lonely Officer Wilson's hand and to help him to execute his office, duty, responsibility to the public. But then you're not a police officer are you (neither am I).

A single police officer has all on his person (plus a vehicle) that the officer needs to protect and defend him/her self against a suspect or a couple of suspects. And even the Ferggie police have communications equipment to call for backup or to assist an officer in distress. Yes, it's a tough job and incidents happen fast but the police are well aware of these facts and realities.

Wilson seemed instead obsessed to the point of his pursuit of the suspect being almost personal.

Your "strong-arm robbery" is plainly fiction. It was petty larceny, minor theft, petite shoplifting. The bottom line is that it was a simple robbery. It was not an aggravated robbery (with a weapon). Those are the two charges of robbery. Strong arm robbery is a rhetorical concoction. One could say there's some strong arm posting going on too. tongue.png

Have the Ferggie police specifically said what the charge was, or would have been? Has the prosecutor said? I haven't seen anything on this which would mean you are free to write your fantastic fiction.

The fact remains that Michael Brown was unarmed all of the day and, moreover, Brown never had a firearms violation in his life, same as you or I never have had one.

You are a hilarious <deleted> talker that will say just about anything.

First off, you claimed Brown did not have a criminal record. Uhm, he did not have an adult criminal record, but then again how long had he been an adult? He apparently has a juvenile criminal record as the Brown family attorney yesterday on CNN did not deny his juvi record and would not discuss his juvi criminal history.

Love how you know what his juvi criminal history is and whether it involves a firearm when there has been no public discussion of the same.

Dude, post after post, topic after topic you act like you speak in facts in ridiculously long posts. . . . You accuse Wiilson of being obsessed . . . talking about the pot calling the kettle black.

Thx for the plugs.

Since around page 5 of the thread the far right wing's statements of blatant fiction that had dominated the thread against Michael Brown have decreased precipitously.

Now there's a new target of the social right reactionaries. wink.png

It was petty larceny, minor theft, petite shoplifting. The bottom line is that it was a simple robbery.

Using words like petty, minor & petite just shows how ridiculous you sound and for some strange reason, just trying to lessen the gravity of Brown's crime. As far as I can tell, you're the only one here defending this scumbag.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?rd=1&word=Aggravated+robbery

"Most robbery statutes distinguish between simple robbery and aggravated robbery. The most common aggravating factors are that the robber was armed with a deadly weapon or represented that he or she had a gun, that the robber actually inflicted serious bodily injury, or that the robber had an accomplice."

That last part is telling as indeed Brown did have an accomplice.

We got you the first time smile.png

I'd read the same source you just posted, thx. My law degree is as instant as yours is, perhaps obtained a few moments before yours was wink.png

The Ferguson police have not arrested Brown's friend Dorian Anderson as an accomplice.

The Ferguson police have said / alleged Anderson was an accomplice.

If Anderson was an accomplice, why hasn't he been arrested?

Charged?

Chief Jackson says officer Wilson did not know when he astutely nailed Brown and Johnson for blatantly lawless jaywalking that either or both were suspects in a (simple) robbery.

It could have developed however that Wilson saw the cigars in Brown's possession and immediately concluded they were stolen rather than purchased (whatever). Wilson could have concluded the cigars were stolen because he was, after all, encountering two guys obviously guilty of lawless and potentially violent jaywalking. clap2.gif

There is reason to believe btw the county's investigation of Wilson killing Brown is not above board.

The FPD chief Jackson has been a blatant apologist of Wilson, same as has been the county police chief each of which are the investigators of record of the criminal case.

Jackson is the originator of the "strong arm robbery" rhetorical flourish which attempts to compensate for the fact Brown was unarmed at the time (and in fact unarmed all day up to his killing). Chief Jackson thus seeks to make the simple robbery seem to be more severe than it in fact was.

The county will not release the autopsy report of Michael Brown. The upset and protesting public is being kept in the dark about the vital forensics of the killing and of the criminal investigation and case.

Three minutes passed between the initial encounter of Wilson against Brown and Jackson and the time of Brown's death by six gunshot wounds after Wilson engaged in the running multiple discharging of his piece. Cops' reaction times to use their weapons when they feel threatened is two seconds, so officer Wilson begins to look like he was engaged in a thoughtful, considered, time consuming campaign to obliterate the enemy.

Edited to close open space.

If county won't release am autopsy report it may just be because it is evidence in a criminal investigation and that is how it is done for all criminal investigations.

Why hasn't he been arrested, apparently because there is an ongoing investigation and it either has not been presented to a grand jury or the grand jury did not indict.

Dude either you are uneducated about what you write or facts and truth are not important to you. Maybe educate yourself on reality and criminal procedure and you will save yourself a lot if energy worry about things that are not exactly accurate.

• Like 2

The policeman was patrolling alone. I would not attempt to use a taser on a 6 ft 4 inch suspect - that I knew was wanted for a strong-arm robbery - on my own. It is too easy to take away.

It's too bad then you weren't there to hold the lonely Officer Wilson's hand and to help him to execute his office, duty, responsibility to the public. But then you're not a police officer are you (neither am I).

A single police officer has all on his person (plus a vehicle) that the officer needs to protect and defend him/her self against a suspect or a couple of suspects. And even the Ferggie police have communications equipment to call for backup or to assist an officer in distress. Yes, it's a tough job and incidents happen fast but the police are well aware of these facts and realities.

Wilson seemed instead obsessed to the point of his pursuit of the suspect being almost personal.

Your "strong-arm robbery" is plainly fiction. It was petty larceny, minor theft, petite shoplifting. The bottom line is that it was a simple robbery. It was not an aggravated robbery (with a weapon). Those are the two charges of robbery. Strong arm robbery is a rhetorical concoction. One could say there's some strong arm posting going on too. tongue.png

Have the Ferggie police specifically said what the charge was, or would have been? Has the prosecutor said? I haven't seen anything on this which would mean you are free to write your fantastic fiction.

The fact remains that Michael Brown was unarmed all of the day and, moreover, Brown never had a firearms violation in his life, same as you or I never have had one.

First off, you claimed Brown did not have a criminal record. Uhm, he did not have an adult criminal record, but then again how long had he been an adult? He apparently has a juvenile criminal record as the Brown family attorney yesterday on CNN did not deny his juvi record and would not discuss his juvi criminal history.

Love how you know what his juvi criminal history is and whether it involves a firearm when there has been no public discussion of the same.

Dude, post after post, topic after topic you act like you speak in facts in ridiculously long posts. . . . You accuse Wiilson of being obsessed . . . talking about the pot calling the kettle black.

Thx for the plugs.

Since around page 5 of the thread the far right wing's statements of blatant fiction that had dominated the thread against Michael Brown have decreased precipitously.

Wow, speechless. No wonder the world has so many problems today. Far right? I say let the cop burn if he is truly guilty, but I have not seen anything that has a remote shred of credibility that says he committed a crime. I also like to wait until I hear both sides if the story before rushing to judgment.

Edited by F430murci
  • Like 2

Reality is no cop in the world is going to be driving down the street, see two black guys walking down the middle of the street and say hey, I am going to execute ONE of them and shoot them in broad daylight in the middle of the street in the middle of a housing project with witnesses around.

Something happened to provoke this and Brown in some form or fashion confronted that officer. What we don't know is whether excessive force was used because none of us know all the facts. Nevertheless, I have no doubt, based on intelligence and rational thought, that Brown provoked and did something to that officer that led to this incident.

Edited by F430murci

Thx for the plugs.

Wow, speechless. No wonder the world has so many problems today. Far right? I say let the cop burn if he is truly guilty, but I have not seen anything that has a remote shred of credibility that says he committed a crime. I also like to wait until I hear both sides if the story before rushing to judgment.

I wasn't naming any posters individually but if by your response you place yourself in the category of extreme right wingnut, then if the shoe fits you can wear it no problem.

I have posted numerous times to numerous and chronic fiction-writing posters to produce evidence or a record to support their repeated drum drumming that Michael Brown was a "violent thug." They can't. Whatever the reason, they can't do it. That's the bottom line, which means their relentless, blatant, campaign of attempted character assassination is exposed.

They just can't produce it, period, end of the campaign.

STAMP

Next......

Thx for the plugs.

I wasn't naming any posters individually but if by your response you place yourself in the category of extreme right wingnut, then if the shoe fits you can wear it no problem.

I have posted numerous times to numerous and chronic fiction-writing posters to produce evidence or a record to support their repeated drum drumming that Michael Brown was a "violent thug." They can't. Whatever the reason, they can't do it. That's the bottom line, which means their relentless, blatant, campaign of attempted character assassination is exposed.

They just can't produce it, period, end of the campaign.

STAMP

Next......

All of this craziness happening in the world is upsetting. I hate to see our country ripped and shredded by ignorance and racism. Right now, at least how I see it, the rioting thugs, Obama and Holder are biggest bigots/racist in the country. Reverse racism is still racism.

Edited by F430murci
  • Like 1

There there now, get a good night's sleep.

You'll feel better in the morning.

Just to cheer you up, I'd remind everyone that George Zimmerman got away with M2 and remains a free man.

There now, don't you feel better already......

Edited by Publicus

Big bad Leroy Brown was on recorded video - holding the store manager by the collar... throttling him ... but oh yes Mister Brown was a choir boy ... just waiting for rehearsal... all done before he later reached in - punched the cop - broke the cops face with his dainty almost 300 pounds AND tried to wrestle the cop's gun away ... then a few moments later tried to 'bumrush ' the cop to finished him off - BUT the cop shot Mr. Brown as he rushed to him - using the one eye he could see out of ... after Big Bad Leroy Brown had smashed the other ...

Edited by JDGRUEN

Big bad Leroy Brown was on recorded video - holding the store manager by the collar... throttling him ... but oh yes Mister Brown was a choir boy ... just waiting for rehearsal... all done before he later reached in - punched the cop - broke the cops face with his dainty almost 300 pounds AND tried to wrestle the cop's gun away ... then a few moments later tried to 'bumrush ' the cop to finished him off - BUT the cop shot Mr. Brown as he rushed to him - using the one eye he could see out of ... after Big Bad Leroy Brown had smashed the other ...

Gonzo fiction.

I have posted numerous times to numerous and chronic fiction-writing posters to produce evidence or a record to support their repeated drum drumming that Michael Brown was a "violent thug." They can't.

Of course they can and they have numerous times. The video of Michael Brown assaulting a shop clerk ,while stealing some of his stock, is conclusive evidence. Trying to spin it otherwise is a fool's errand.

michael-brown-robbery-video.jpg

I have posted numerous times to numerous and chronic fiction-writing posters to produce evidence or a record to support their repeated drum drumming that Michael Brown was a "violent thug." They can't.

Of course they can and they have numerous times. The video of Michael Brown assaulting a shop clerk ,while stealing some of his stock, is conclusive evidence. Trying to spin it otherwise is a fool's errand.

One photo one day in one place and one time does not a "violent thug" make.

Try as you may, this is all you've got and it's a weaponless one-off.

Photos of finger signs, a gun in hand, gestures, does not a "violent thug" make.

The campaign to slander Michael Brown as a "violent thug" has failed.

The far extreme right can't do it, not here or not anywhere.

Edited by Publicus

Keep trying to convince yourself. You are not convincing anyone else.giggle.gif

Keep trying to convince yourself. You are not convincing anyone else.giggle.gif

The far out extreme radical right mob are not going to change their views.

The casual undecided reader is the best audience.

Michael Brown:

* Practitioner of Gangsta Rap

* Drug User

* Violent Robber

* Bullying Intimidator

* Admirer (at the least) of gang lifestyle

Result? He ends up with his brains splattered on the pavement like a bug on a windshield after trying to bull rush a policeman. Just another hood rat.

Michael Brown:

* Drug User

* Violent Robber

* Bullying Intimidator

Result? He ends up with his brains splattered on the pavement like a bug on a windshield after trying to bull rush a policeman. Just another hood rat.

Just another road kill, eh?

mike-brown-dead-photo.jpg?9e1734

Images showing the moments immediately after the senseless shooting of unarmed black teenager Michael Brown have been passed around on social media, and they are very disturbing to say the least.

Read more: Disturbing Photos & Video Footage Show Mike Brown’s Body Lying in the Street

Edited by Publicus

This whole Ferguson fiasco would not even be a 30 second blip on the evening cable news if it wasn't for the stand by team of leftist radicals and black racists. These people want more obamaism, leftism and socialism and are always on the lookout for an opportunity to fuel a flare up to further their efforts to splinter and divide the American people. The advent of the coming fall elections are fast approaching and it doesn't look good for the Leftist Democrats to hold the Senate. Once that is gone obamism is roadkill waiting for the vultures to carry it off. So - it is anything goes - whatever is necessary - anything to take the country's eye off the ball and stir up the black voting block. But it is already backfiring as the truth of the matter comes out. The leftist and black racial separatists are fuming - slobbering at the mouth like rabid dogs because they are being prevented in creating another fiction same as 'Trevon the innocent boy'. The problem is this 'boy' Brown was a huge out of control thug who thought he was being questioned for the robbery of 15 minutes before. He went into panic mode, tried to take the cop's gun and then punched the cop out - breaking his face. Next in a crazed moment went back to finish the job when the cop had the audacity to yell 'freeze'!... "I thought I shut him up"!

This 'sympathetic' boy had just finished roughing up a store manager after stealing some cigars - and he knew his fun time was up when he encountered the cop. But how could that be? "I'm a hop hop rap man who can flash gang signs, act cool... thumb my nose at authority, there is no law controlling me, I am entitled - my main man is in the big office so I can do what I want - I don't have to work, I can smoke dope, I can jive all day, kick some ass when I want... Who is this uppity cop anyway? Why is he picking on me - I am just an innocent boy.

In Chicago Brown wouldn't even be noticed because he would be one of thousands just like him. But in Chicago there are not enough white people remaining in their neighborhood - so they shoot each other at record high rates. Why? Because they can - and 'they cool'.

I have been critical of those who would rush to judgment against Officer Wilson. But I find the statement above to be beyond repugnant in it's stereotyping and rather overt racism towards Black Americans. I won't even bother to comment further on that matter but I would like to comment further upon the lunacy of the idea that it is the "left", those who wish to integrate society and have everyone sit around the campfire and sing 'Kumbaya" who are attempting to splinter and divide the American people. I suggest you read Thomas Frank's book What's the Matter with Kansas? for a more in depth investigation as to how the far right and the corporate elite use social issues to divide the masses of the vast lower and middle classes, the 95% of the US population. In order to prevent the vast majority from uniting to protest the economic infrastructure that allows such a large percentage of the GDP to flow into the hands of the few, they use the media to hype up secondary issues such as race, sexuality, gun control, etc. It is not that these issues are not important issues, and they are only secondary issues only in relationship to the overall economy. But the focus upon these social issues causes many people, especially middle and lower class white folks, to vote against their own best economic interests.

it is no longer about Micheal Brown,

the dialogue is going to the police use of excessive force, and pretending they are in the military,

of course they are brave, they arent facing ayone shooting at the, and they are armed to the teeth facing unarmed civilians,

this is a national event now

The below is objective, comprehensive, authoritative.

Examination and analysis of eleven issues at the center of the controversy.

Highly recommended to everyone at TVF.

For example....

"The moment that you no longer present a threat, I need to stop shooting,"

Dr. David Klinger, University of Missouri-St. Louis professor who studies the use of force by police.

And also.....

The key to both of the legal standards -- defense-of-life and fleeing a violent felony -- is that it doesn't matter whether there is an actual threat when force is used. Instead, what matters is the officer's "objectively reasonable" belief that there is a threat.

Atty. Walter Katz, a California legal specialist in law enforcement agencies use-of-force investigations.

Just put on some coffee.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Was it legal for Darren Wilson to shoot Michael Brown?

How do you determine if a police officer was justified in using deadly force?

The legal standards governing justifiable force

Does the convenience store robbery matter?

"Objectively reasonable"

How to tell if an investigation is thorough and objective

The importance of public confidence

Why was Michael Brown shot?

What's confirmed so far

What's disputed about the shooting

State of emergency continues in Ferguson

http://www.vox.com/2014/8/13/5994305/michael-brown-case-investigation-legal-police-kill-force-murder?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=voxdotcom&utm_content=Friday

Gonzo fiction.

And the officers facial fractures? This guy and Trayvon got what they deserved. They wanted to be bad a$$ gangsta's, welcome to real world.

Gonzo fiction.

And the officers facial fractures? This guy and Trayvon got what they deserved. They wanted to be bad a$$ gangsta's, welcome to real world.

Michael Brown:

* Drug User

* Violent Robber

* Bullying Intimidator

Just another road kill, eh?

mike-brown-dead-photo.jpg?9e1734

Images showing the moments immediately after the senseless shooting of unarmed black teenager Michael Brown have been passed around on social media, and they are very disturbing to say the least.

Read more: Disturbing Photos & Video Footage Show Mike Brown’s Body Lying in the Street

Just another example of black culture they're supposed to be so proud of. Maybe he could of ran faster if he had his pants pulled up?

• Like 2

Gonzo fiction.

And the officers facial fractures? This guy and Trayvon got what they deserved. They wanted to be bad <deleted> gangsta's, welcome to real world.

We got you the first time pal.

The post has one question followed by two deductive closed statements.

You want to ask legitimate questions, then ask legitimate questions.

Too much of the time in too many places in too many instances the police haven't solved problems for a long time now. I think it began during the 1960s when the police started spending their time bashing baby boomers, gassing 'em and cracking us over the head.

Now the police are where they are, which is shooting people at will.

US Police Have Killed Over 5,000 Civilians Since 9/11

Though Americans commonly believe law enforcement’s role in society is to protect them and ensure peace and stability within the community, the sad reality is that police departments are often more focused on enforcing laws, making arrests and issuing citations.

As a result of this as well as an increase in militarized policing techniques, Americans are eight times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist, estimates a Washington’s Blog report based on official statistical data.

It’s estimated that between 500 and 1,000 Americans are killed by police officers each year. Since 9/11, about 5,000 Americans have been killed by U.S. police officers, which is almost equivalent to the number of U.S. soldiers who have been killed in the line of duty in Iraq.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article36807.htm

Gonzo fiction.

And the officers facial fractures? This guy and Trayvon got what they deserved. They wanted to be bad <deleted> gangsta's, welcome to real world.

We got you the first time pal.

The post has one question followed by two deductive closed statements.

You want to ask legitimate questions, then ask legitimate questions.

Too much of the time in too many places in too many instances the police haven't solved problems for a long time now. I think it began during the 1960s when the police started spending their time bashing baby boomers, gassing 'em and cracking us over the head.

Now the police are where they are, which is shooting people at will.

US Police Have Killed Over 5,000 Civilians Since 9/11

Though Americans commonly believe law enforcement’s role in society is to protect them and ensure peace and stability within the community, the sad reality is that police departments are often more focused on enforcing laws, making arrests and issuing citations.

As a result of this as well as an increase in militarized policing techniques, Americans are eight times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist, estimates a Washington’s Blog report based on official statistical data.

It’s estimated that between 500 and 1,000 Americans are killed by police officers each year. Since 9/11, about 5,000 Americans have been killed by U.S. police officers, which is almost equivalent to the number of U.S. soldiers who have been killed in the line of duty in Iraq.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article36807.htm

I did ask a legitimate question and made two statements, deal with it.

As to police weapons and tactics, I do have concerns, especially the 'No Knock' warrants at the wrong address. But, this has nothing to do with those, this is just some deadbeat wannabe, getting his ass shot off. He, like Trayvon picked on the wrong guy.

5,000?

out of 380,000,000

over 13 years?

whats the math on that?

the killing, in america have not truly gained any real momentum at the moment

one more financial crisis combined with an attempt to disarm on any scale,

and the fuse will blow

this is just a hot summer week,

wait until something truly goes bad here