Michael Brown killing: State police take over riot-hit US town

webfact

Why aren't the police wearing body worn cameras? If the cop did then maybe what the police have to say would be credible.

People just don't trust the government and the police anymore. The mistrust from the African American community against the police has been simmering for some time. Then we get the NYPD video on Garner who was put in a chokehold and died a few minutes later. Blacks are targets and sometimes the victims when it comes to the police.

NYPD to step up body worn cameras: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/12/nypd-body-worn-camera-pilot-chokehold-death

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you didn't watch the same video as I did.

Your apologist crap is really starting to grate.

The guy is the standard to which violent black gang - bangers are held. And misguided liberals like yourself will defend them to the end.

You keep harping on about the fact that he was 'unarmed'. At 300 lbs, he didn't need to be.

They are all liberal, until one rapes their daughter

You guys are full of old 1960s clichés.

And 1970s ones.

1980s clichés too.

To include 1990s banalities.

Carrying on into the 21st century besides.

You should try instead to keep up with reality.

FACT: Office Wilson will be arrested and charged.

The huge majority of protesters are peaceful. I hate looters as much as the next guy.

<Office Wilson will be arrested and charged.>

He may be because of political pressure, just as Zimmerman was. However, my prediction is that like Zimmerman he will be found not guilty, unless it's an OJ jury.

So the video explains why the cop shot Brown..?

It certain shows that he was a violent thug.

The policeman who shot Brown initially stopped him for walking in the street and blocking traffic but, the officer saw cigars in Browns hands and thought he might be a suspect in the robbery, which had been announced on the police radio a few minutes previously.

By the way, NONE of the shots were in Brown's back, although all his homies swore that he had been shot from behind. So much for their credibility.

Where's the record of Michael Brown the violent thug?

There isn't one, not to this moment.

Michael Brown did not commit armed robbery as he had no weapon nor did Brown threaten the life or safety of an armed, trained police officer who has 6 years experience on the force. If Brown had lifted a couple of handsfull of cheap cigars it would be a case of petty theft.

What violent thug?

I recall the initial rumors of Brown being shot in the back which no doubt began because a cop was chasing him and firing multiple shots at Brown's back side. After a few hours of chaos and confusion, the shooting was clarified, at least to the point it was clear Brown had not been shot in the back although the fact Brown was unarmed is the one constant throughout this awful event.

The short lived rumor of Brown's being shot in the back is long gone and was early disposed of so there's no need to try and dredge it up now.

As I'd said, there's a lot of wild speculation and fiction writing going on around here.

Let's stick to the non-fiction stuff which is bad enough.

< nor did Brown threaten the life or safety of an armed, trained police officer who has 6 years experience on the force.>

So you were there then?

< because a cop was chasing him and firing multiple shots at Brown's back side.>

So your theory is that the cop was firing wildly in the street and did not hit the man even once, not even a wound, then somehow the cop got in front of him and shot him in the front . Given that it would probably not be police procedure to fire wildly in the street with people about, why would a cop try to kill someone that was guilty only of theft?

Pulp fiction.

<The cop pursued Brown, firing at the running Brown.>

Unless Brown was running backwards, Johnson was clearly lying. The autopsy has stated that there were at least 6 entry points on the FRONT of Brown.

Unfortunately, as Johnson probably wasn't under oath he can't be charged with perjury.

I referred to if Johnson were making a false statement to the police in the investigation of a fatal shooting (which Johnson was not doing).

I did not make any reference to a sworn deposition or to a false statement in a court of law as this case remains a long way from taking depositions or entering a court of law. Perjury would apply to a sworn deposition or to sworn testimony in a court of law, not to a witness making or filing a statement during the investigative stages of the case.

The video of Brown being shot shows the unarmed Brown was on his knees facing the police officer running toward him while the officer was blasting away with his handgun, the officer's firearm. The autopsies show the unarmed Brown was shot from and in the front of him, not from the rear or back side, although the trigger happy on the run cop was blasting away shooting at Brown's back side as the unarmed Brown tried desperately to escape and before the unarmed Brown turned around to surrender to the cop.

You people have to stop writing fiction.

The following is not opinion, speculation, or claims of what did or could happen. It is official policy, fact, wise and prudent police procedure and practice which was not done in Furgeson or by the shooter Police Officer Wilson.

RULE 1: Police officers shall not discharge their firearms except to protect themselves or another person from imminent death or serious bodily injury.

RULE 3: Police officers shall not discharge their firearms to threaten or subdue persons whose actions are destructive to property or injurious to themselves but which do not represent an imminent threat of death or serious bodily injury to the officer or others.

RULE 4: Police officers shall not discharge their firearms to subdue an escaping suspect who presents no imminent threat of death or serious bodily injury.

RULE 10: Police officers shall not draw or display their firearms unless there is a threat or probable cause to believe there is a threat to life, or for inspection

Police Department Office of the Commissioner, City of Houston, Texas.

So . . .

The video of Brown being shot shows the unarmed Brown was on his knees facing the police officer running toward him while the officer was blasting away with his handgun, the officer's firearm.

Please tell me where you have seen the video of the actual encounter? I would like to see it, too. So would everyone who has watched a news report for the past week or so. If you have this video, then please give it to the FBI, Ferguson PD, and CNN, because that will mean this case is over.

On television.

Unless Brown was running backwards, Johnson was clearly lying. The autopsy has stated that there were at least 6 entry points on the FRONT of Brown.

Unfortunately, as Johnson probably wasn't under oath he can't be charged with perjury.

I referred to if Johnson were making a false statement to the police in the investigation of a fatal shooting (which Johnson was not doing).

I did not make any reference to a sworn deposition or to a false statement in a court of law as this case remains a long way from taking depositions or entering a court of law. Perjury would apply to a sworn deposition or to sworn testimony in a court of law, not to a witness making or filing a statement during the investigative stages of the case.

The video of Brown being shot shows the unarmed Brown was on his knees facing the police officer running toward him while the officer was blasting away with his handgun, the officer's firearm. The autopsies show the unarmed Brown was shot from and in the front of him, not from the rear or back side, although the trigger happy on the run cop was blasting away shooting at Brown's back side as the unarmed Brown tried desperately to escape and before the unarmed Brown turned around to surrender to the cop.

The following is not opinion, speculation, or claims of what did or could happen. It is official policy, fact, wise and prudent police procedure and practice which was not done in Furgeson or by the shooter Police Officer Wilson.

RULE 1: Police officers shall not discharge their firearms except to protect themselves or another person from imminent death or serious bodily injury.

RULE 3: Police officers shall not discharge their firearms to threaten or subdue persons whose actions are destructive to property or injurious to themselves but which do not represent an imminent threat of death or serious bodily injury to the officer or others.

RULE 4: Police officers shall not discharge their firearms to subdue an escaping suspect who presents no imminent threat of death or serious bodily injury.

RULE 10: Police officers shall not draw or display their firearms unless there is a threat or probable cause to believe there is a threat to life, or for inspection

"The video of Brown being shot shows the unarmed Brown was on his knees facing the police officer running toward him"

What video?

• Like 1

MORE FACTS:

1) the kid had a string of prior felony arrests

2) the kid was also a felon as a teen

3) the kid was clearly going to prison for a long time the next time he was arrested

4) the police officer probably had no idea why the kid was trying to kill him

5) the police officer fired several times in an attempt to effect the arrest without further resistance

6) all shots were facing the front

7) the cop feared for his life

8) this case will close fast

9) many people will die in the ensuing riots unless

10) black leaders emerge fast to stop the carnage

11) the community will pay dearly for this

12) the police will be 100% further distrusted and hated

13) snipers will start vengeance

14) the entire area will be road blocked, check points will go up,

15) non residents will be turned away

16) a shoot to kill order will be issued

I was caught in the Miami riots in 1980,

this is nothing, to date

Miami burned for weeks

Pulp fiction.

Pulp fiction intermingled and intermangled with a few remote references to some loosely related incidents.

However, you do need to discuss in detail your wholly imaginary item number 4, as follows:

I'd certainly be interested to see your imagination at work in detail on this item. laugh.png

The proper police firearms use standard requires the police officer use his piece only if there is an imminent threat to the officer's life. You have to prove Brown was trying to kill the police officer Darren Wilson and that your concocted threat to Wilson's life was imminent.

You can't prove either because your whole case makes you a weak and poor competitor of Agatha Christie.

As yet you have no evidence that Brown was not trying to attack the cop.

Why don't we wait till the enquiry is over and the FACTS come out.

What we do know though is that 50 FBI agents have been sent. Given that the FBI won't even investigate many crimes ( eg the IRS scandal, the guns to Mexico scandal ), one has to wonder why.

1) You go ahead to prove a negative...I'll wait.

2) You agree then the post quoted above does not contain facts, as do I.

2) Your third graf shows the weakness of your side's case, that is, you have to start wandering off topic to other of the right sector's extreme and eccentric wingnut causes, purposes, intents.

So . . .

The video of Brown being shot shows the unarmed Brown was on his knees facing the police officer running toward him while the officer was blasting away with his handgun, the officer's firearm.

Please tell me where you have seen the video of the actual encounter? I would like to see it, too. So would everyone who has watched a news report for the past week or so. If you have this video, then please give it to the FBI, Ferguson PD, and CNN, because that will mean this case is over.

On television.

Was it on the cartoon network? If there is a video showing this it would be all over the media and web. I can't find it anywhere.

• Like 1

On television.

Al Jazeera or Russia Today?

On television.

Al Jazeera or Russia Today?

There was a phone VDO on Fox, but it's not clear what was going on. Useless as evidence.

The campaign comes right before our eyes.

The Ugly Smearing of Michael Brown
Even before Ferguson police accused the unarmed teenager shot by Officer Darren Wilson of robbery, the fringiest elements of the American right rushed to depict Brown as a thug.

Brown’s family made just that point in a statement Friday: “There is nothing based on the facts that have been placed before us that can justify the execution style murder of their child by this police officer as he held his hands up, which is the universal sign of surrender.”

It should go without saying but vaguely intimidating photos of you do not give the police carte blanche to gun you down, and we no longer live in a country where it is OK to sentence black men to death for the crime of petty theft.

Thankfully, the ugly gang smears against Brown have been relegated mostly to the noisy but fringiest elements of the American right

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08/15/the-ugly-smearing-of-michael-brown.html

Yes indeed, the fringe far right internationale is again prominently represented at this thread too.

Here's a relevant commentary by an African American self confessed "liberal."

Ferguson Is Taking Us Back To The Future

The senseless killing of black people dates back to slavery.

The tireless effort by the Rabid Right to turn back the clock and disenfranchise African Americans (and anyone else who doesn’t share their views) has already begun to send America back into the moral morass from which it sprung.

It is very hard for a tree to walk away from its roots, and the all-too-American roots of oppression of the ‘other’ remain anchored deep in the soil.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/08/18/ferguson-future.html

Even before Ferguson police accused the unarmed teenager shot by Officer Darren Wilson of robbery, the fringiest elements of the American right rushed to depict Brown as a thug.

Brown’s family made just that point in a statement Friday: “There is nothing based on the facts that have been placed before us that can justify the execution style murder of their child by this police officer as he held his hands up, which is the universal sign of surrender.”

It should go without saying but vaguely intimidating photos of you do not give the police carte blanche to gun you down, and we no longer live in a country where it is OK to sentence black men to death for the crime of petty theft.

Thankfully, the ugly gang smears against Brown have been relegated mostly to the noisy but fringiest elements of the American right

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08/15/the-ugly-smearing-of-michael-brown.html

Yes indeed, the fringe far right internationale is again prominently represented at this thread too.

The tireless effort by the Rabid Right to turn back the clock and disenfranchise African Americans (and anyone else who doesn’t share their views) has already begun to send America back into the moral morass from which it sprung.

It is very hard for a tree to walk away from its roots, and the all-too-American roots of oppression of the ‘other’ remain anchored deep in the soil.

< the execution style murder of their child by this police officer as he held his hands up,>

You can say it a milion times and it doesn't make it true if it's not.

You weren't there, I wasn't there, his family weren't there, the protestors weren't there.

Let's wait till the investigation reveals the facts shall we?

<the fringiest elements of the American right rushed to depict Brown as a thug.>

If the VDO tape is in fact of Brown robbing the convenience store he IS a thug.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 2

< the execution style murder of their child by this police officer as he held his hands up,>

You can say it a milion times and it doesn't make it true if it's not.

You weren't there, I wasn't there, his family weren't there, the protestors weren't there.

Let's wait till the investigation reveals the facts shall we?

<the fringiest elements of the American right rushed to depict Brown as a thug.>

If the VDO tape is in fact of Brown robbing the convenience store he IS a thug.

Michael Brown had a lot of hand signs, same as you or I have.

michael-brown-ferguson-pic-05.jpg?de9c64

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/08/168106-controversy-rages-images-media-presents-ferguson-shooting-victim-mike-brown/

Here's the thug you people don't know......

Thug Life

A word evolved by the late Tupac Shakur commonly mistaken for a criminal.
Thug Life is the opposite of someone having all he needs to succeed. Thug life is when you have nothing, and succeed, when you have overcome all obstacles to reach your aim.
"When my heart beats, it screams THUG LIFE."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thug%20Life

The meaning of thug applies to those who have desire, drive, ambition to find the path to success as Michael Brown had been doing by enrolling in a community college he was to have entered the day after he was in fact shot and killed by a trigger happy cop violating all the proper rules that govern a police officer carrying a firearm.

RULE 9: Police officers shall not fire warning shots.

RULE 10: Police officers shall not draw or display their firearms unless there is a threat or probable cause to believe there is a threat to life.

How is releasing a videotape of him violently robbing a storeclerk "smearing" him. It is proof positive of his character.

It is a case of an unarmed teenager committing petty theft who went on to graduate to the heinous crime of jaywalking for all of which he was chased by an on the run police officer blasting his weapon repeatedly until the officer killed the thug.

The campaign of character assassination here is grotesque.

MORE FACTS:

1) the kid had a string of prior felony arrests

2) the kid was also a felon as a teen

3) the kid was clearly going to prison for a long time the next time he was arrested

5) the police officer fired several times in an attempt to effect the arrest without further resistance

6) all shots were facing the front

7) the cop feared for his life

8) this case will close fast

9) many people will die in the ensuing riots unless

10) black leaders emerge fast to stop the carnage

11) the community will pay dearly for this

12) the police will be 100% further distrusted and hated

13) snipers will start vengeance

14) the entire area will be road blocked, check points will go up,

15) non residents will be turned away

16) a shoot to kill order will be issued

I was caught in the Miami riots in 1980,

this is nothing, to date

Miami burned for weeks

Pulp fiction.

Pulp fiction intermingled and intermangled with a few remote references to some loosely related incidents.

However, you do need to discuss in detail your wholly imaginary item number 4, as follows:

I'd certainly be interested to see your imagination at work in detail on this item. laugh.png

The proper police firearms use standard requires the police officer use his piece only if there is an imminent threat to the officer's life. You have to prove Brown was trying to kill the police officer Darren Wilson and that your concocted threat to Wilson's life was imminent.

You can't prove either because your whole case makes you a weak and poor competitor of Agatha Christie.

As yet you have no evidence that Brown was not trying to attack the cop.

Why don't we wait till the enquiry is over and the FACTS come out.

What we do know though is that 50 FBI agents have been sent. Given that the FBI won't even investigate many crimes ( eg the IRS scandal, the guns to Mexico scandal ), one has to wonder why.

What the americans DO know, is that the cops are armed, and you do as you are told,unless you are not white, then a shout of racism is in order

The Ferguson Police didn't smear Brown's reputation? Brown did that all by himself. The police merely released a video depicting Brown committing a robbery and roughing up a store clerk that was half his size. Then minutes later Brown attacked a police officer who was also much smaller than him, and was subsequently shot and killed. Then we find out Brown was a member of the "Bloods" street gang. The bottom line is Brown was nothing more than a street thug.

If the Ferguson police officer had been black, and brown would have been a white street gang member, along with the identical circumstances, this would have never made the news. Could you imagine a white community in America, rioting, burning down their business community, and chanting for the death of a police officer, if the above mention scenario would have taken place?

I wonder why the liberal media and liberals in general get their panties all bunched up over police enforcing the laws they are being paid to enforce. What is it that would make a black person above the law in the eyes of a liberal?

• Like 2

The campaign of character assassination here is grotesque.

You mean like the police officers that you have just condemned? whistling.gif

Michael Brown never shot or killed anyone.

The cop killed Michael Brown running after the unarmed Brown until the cop shot Brown dead in the street while Brown had his hands in the air to surrender.

RULE 9: Police officers shall not fire warning shots.

RULE 10: Police officers shall not draw or display their firearms unless there is a threat or probable cause to believe there is a threat to life.

"The video of Brown being shot shows the unarmed Brown was on his knees facing the police officer running toward him"

What video?

No video, just visions dancing in his head, Publicus apparently channeled his vision through a witch doctor medium throwing bones and smoking hashish.

Disgraceful that Obama is not speaking out and strongly condemning the actions of the looters and rioters. Interestingly, Obama's tacit endorsement of the civil unrest will result in more community law enforcement agencies stepping up efforts to more heavily arm to thwart more potential jungle fever riots like this in the future.

RE: Evidence and Public perception issues

The problem here is that all prosecutors hold back evidence from the media or public during the investigation stages and such evidence in this case will be the story of the police officer and those the prosecutor interviews whereas people like Publicus and the crowd on the street who may not have seen anything are free to throw around visions, speculation or rumor as "fact" that may not necessarily be fact. Accordingly, the media version in the eat stages of an investigation like this may be extremely one sided or inaccurate.

The Ferguson Police didn't smear Brown's reputation? Brown did that all by himself. The police merely released a video depicting Brown committing a robbery and roughing up a store clerk that was half his size. Then minutes later Brown attacked a police officer who was also much smaller than him, and was subsequently shot and killed. Then we find out Brown was a member of the "Bloods" street gang. The bottom line is Brown was nothing more than a street thug.

If the Ferguson police officer had been black, and brown would have been a white street gang member, along with the identical circumstances, this would have never made the news. Could you imagine a white community in America, rioting, burning down their business community, and chanting for the death of a police officer, if the above mention scenario would have taken place?

I wonder why the liberal media and liberals in general get their panties all bunched up over police enforcing the laws they are being paid to enforce. What is it that would make a black person above the law in the eyes of a liberal?

"Brown attacked a police officer who was also much smaller than him"

cheesy.gif

Here's the one that we do know.

Michael-Brown-gun-hawaiian-punch-cash.jp

Live like a thug, die like a thug?

WTH? This image portrays the cultural problem. Nothing to do with keeping a good man down and everything to do with a culture that embraces violence, drugs, guns, intimidation and getting money through any means necessary that does not include hard work and good work ethics.

• Like 2

Here's the one that we do know.

Michael-Brown-gun-hawaiian-punch-cash.jp

Live like a thug, die like a thug?

WTH? This image portrays the cultural problem. Nothing to do with keeping a good man down and everything to do with a culture that embraces violence, drugs, guns, intimidation and getting money through any means necessary that does not include hard work and good work ethics.

The killer cop worked hard, showed up every day, won an award citation or two, displayed a morality and sense of ethics that led him to chase an unarmed guy down the street shooting multiple times at Brown's back side until Brown turned with his hands in the air to surrender and the cop shot him dead, plugging the unarmed Brown with six missiles of lead.

That's one earnest hard working cop with a sense of mission, purpose, determination, ethics.

The killer cop Wilson has to be arrested and taken into custody very soon.

The Ferguson police chief needs to resign now or be fired.

The prosecutor needs to give way to the state authorities or to the US Attorney to pursue the case.

AG Holder will be in Ferguson tomorrow so we'll see what develops from that.

• Like 1

And therein, as the Bard wrote, lies the rub. Edited by H1w4yR1da