Michael Brown killing: State police take over riot-hit US town

webfact

How many arrest each year? Something like 13,000,000.

In 2011, 600 suspects shot and killed by police. There are many instances of suicide by cop.

178 cops killed in line if duty.

So arrest by police officers result in shooting death of suspect 0.00004669 per each arrest and the number would be much smaller for death per each confrontation.

0.00004669 death rate per arrest is hardly the open season or chrinic problem suggested by some on here.

Figures don't lie but liars know how to figure.

This is a specific case of a dead teenager and a hard running trigger happy cop so let's get back down to the hard and specific reality of the killer cop Wilson and the unarmed victim Michael Brown.

There are a number of cases in the U.S. that are the same or similar to the Wilson-Brown case and which are, in a sense, almost identical, i.e., cops arbitrarily shooting and killing an unarmed black or Hispanic male who has his arms in the air in surrender.

Dirty Harry would diss this cop Wilson as a disgrace to the uniform and to police work in the USA. Yes, unlike the wild unsustainable fiction of the far right here, the fictitious Dirty Harry was a movie whose character and themes are real in what's known in law enforcement as the "Dirty Harry Syndrome," or problem.

Does the end justify the means? This is a real question and issue in law enforcement. The reality is that cops get cynical and burned out to the point they consider getting their perceived bad guy by any means to be worthy of a trophy, i.e., the support and adoration of their equally warped peers.

There's a body of work on this throughout the halls of legitimate and uncorrupted law enforcement in the U.S. and the UK.

Police Officers and the Dirty Harry Problem

It is feared that the Dirty Harry Problem is now a widespread problem in many police departments. Many say that these activities are being done not only by police officers who are known as rotten apples but by even those considered as best officers who are also respected by their peers . As such, it is considered as the most threatening type of misconduct. It is basically the idea deeply held by individuals who think that the ends justify the means.

http://jasonquintal.com/police-officers-and-the-dirty-harry-problem/

Uhm, Publicus my statistical analysis was not changing subject, but were in response to the following statement you have made over and over throughout this thread:

"It's Open Season for the police twelve months a year coast to coast, border to border and there are people around here who love it."

How quickly does Pulicus forget what she writes.

• Like 2

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many arrest each year? Something like 13,000,000.

In 2011, 600 suspects shot and killed by police. There are many instances of suicide by cop.

178 cops killed in line if duty.

So arrest by police officers result in shooting death of suspect 0.00004669 per each arrest and the number would be much smaller for death per each confrontation.

0.00004669 death rate per arrest is hardly the open season or chrinic problem suggested by some on here.

Figures don't lie but liars know how to figure.

This is a specific case of a dead teenager and a hard running trigger happy cop so let's get back down to the hard and specific reality of the killer cop Wilson and the unarmed victim Michael Brown.

There are a number of cases in the U.S. that are the same or similar to the Wilson-Brown case and which are, in a sense, almost identical, i.e., cops arbitrarily shooting and killing an unarmed black or Hispanic male who has his arms in the air in surrender.

Dirty Harry would diss this cop Wilson as a disgrace to the uniform and to police work in the USA. Yes, unlike the wild unsustainable fiction of the far right here, the fictitious Dirty Harry was a movie whose character and themes are real in what's known in law enforcement as the "Dirty Harry Syndrome," or problem.

Does the end justify the means? This is a real question and issue in law enforcement. The reality is that cops get cynical and burned out to the point they consider getting their perceived bad guy by any means to be worthy of a trophy, i.e., the support and adoration of their equally warped peers.

There's a body of work on this throughout the halls of legitimate and uncorrupted law enforcement in the U.S. and the UK.

Police Officers and the Dirty Harry Problem

It is feared that the Dirty Harry Problem is now a widespread problem in many police departments. Many say that these activities are being done not only by police officers who are known as rotten apples but by even those considered as best officers who are also respected by their peers . As such, it is considered as the most threatening type of misconduct. It is basically the idea deeply held by individuals who think that the ends justify the means.

http://jasonquintal.com/police-officers-and-the-dirty-harry-problem/

Uhm, Publicus my statistical analysis was not changing subject, but were in response to the following statement you have made over and over throughout this thread:

"It's Open Season for the police twelve months a year coast to coast, border to border and there are people around here who love it."

How quickly does Pulicus forget what she writes.

That's okay dude you can have some time to research Dirty Harry Syndrome, aka, Problem.

laugh.png

New law only allows police of same ethnicity to shoot suspects

August 21, 2014 ·

http://thoughtgrime.com/new-law-only-allows-police-of-same-ethnicity-to-shoot-suspects/

New law, members of the "thug life" are also allowed to loot stores on the second Wednesday of each month, but can only take what they can physically carry and the five finger discount for all tobacco products, Lean ingredients and malt liqueur is in effect on Saturdays and Sundays. New law enacted to keep violence to a minimum, prohibit armed robberies and keep prison populations to a minimum. White store owners objecting to or trying to interfere with five finger discounts will spend 30 days in jail and pay $5,000 in restitution to "thug life" member victim trying to exercise their five finger discount.

Such a law would make Obama and Holder proud.

In line with the new limits on looting, I ran across this today.

"Reputable sources report that during the several days of looting and ransacking in Ferguson, MO, not a single pair of work gloves or work boots have been stolen."

Sort of like the aversion a lot of posters around here have toward facts and reality and their moth to the flame draw to 100% fiction, trivia, stereotypes.

The article might be a little over the top, but it seems pretty accurate to me.

Why isnt anyone speaking the most obvious and most disturbing truth about what has been taking place in Ferguson? This is a lynch mob. It is unconcerned with the facts, impatient with due process, and it wants a severely injured officer who is probably the victim of a vicious criminal thug, indicted, tried and convicted or else.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/david-horowitz/a-pound-of-white-flesh-2/

Officer Wilson dismissed due process entirely and completely while consciously deciding to take someone's life.

Brown was unarmed.

Wilson had several means at his disposal, to of course include his piece.

I think officer Wilson who is still in hiding is a wuss.

Oh, I think we all know who the wuss is.laugh.png

With all that supposed "infantry training," I would extend that to "parade ground wuss."

the real problem is,

the military approach failed,

it didnt stop people from protesting,

but it did stop the looting, and burning

in that sense, it will be supported

what happened with the initial shooting, will fade, but they cant draw this out,

clear him of all wrong doing, let the protest run its course, and stand down before someone comes with a sniper rifle and teaches the militarized police, who just stand there knowing no on is going to shoot at them,

that they are not as safe as they thought in their large numbers and their APC's

yeah, its all good when you are facing, poor hungry rioters without weapons,

but bring in a few snipers and, the game changes rapidly

"Reputable sources report that during the several days of looting and ransacking in Ferguson, MO, not a single pair of work gloves or work boots have been stolen."

Racist claptrap. In the small area where the protests and looting took place there were no workwear stores.

That being said, CNN had an interview with a Mr. Brady, the first reliable witness that I have heard to date. His description of events lines up well with parts of some of the other eyewitness accounts and also lines up with the initial autopsy report issued by Dr. Baden. I now have some reason to believe that Officer Wilson used excessive force in the heat of the moment. It will be interesting to see what charges may be brought against him as I highly doubt they would be able to win a conviction on 1st degree murder, nor do I think that specific charge would be appropriate.

(and apologies for formatting errors as I can't seem to get 100% communication between my home machine and the ThaiVisa server over the past 24 hours)

The article might be a little over the top, but it seems pretty accurate to me.

Why isnt anyone speaking the most obvious and most disturbing truth about what has been taking place in Ferguson? This is a lynch mob. It is unconcerned with the facts, impatient with due process, and it wants a severely injured officer who is probably the victim of a vicious criminal thug, indicted, tried and convicted or else.

Officer Wilson dismissed due process entirely and completely while consciously deciding to take someone's life.

Brown was unarmed.

Wilson had several means at his disposal, to of course include his piece.

I think officer Wilson who is still in hiding is a wuss.

Oh, I think we all know who the wuss is.laugh.png

With all that supposed "infantry training," I would extend that to "parade ground wuss."

Who likes this and who celebrates this atrocity?.

IMG_20140813_214837.michael-brown-scene.

Racist claptrap. In the small area where the protests and looting took place there were no workwear stores.

That being said, CNN had an interview with a Mr. Brady, the first reliable witness that I have heard to date. His description of events lines up well with parts of some of the other eyewitness accounts and also lines up with the initial autopsy report issued by Dr. Baden. I now have some reason to believe that Officer Wilson used excessive force in the heat of the moment. It will be interesting to see what charges may be brought against him as I highly doubt they would be able to win a conviction on 1st degree murder, nor do I think that specific charge would be appropriate.

(and apologies for formatting errors as I can't seem to get 100% communication between my home machine and the ThaiVisa server over the past 24 hours)

excessive force is eliminated when a suspect assaults a police officer,

in your view, it would have been better for the dead felon to have wrestled away the gun, killed the policeman, and then run to kill again,

sorry,

this case is already closed

• Like 1

A pound of white flesh wanted by the lynch mob...

Lol, what a ridiculous article, thanks for linking to it. I actually thought it might be satire, especially by the time they're saying "It is time for this corrosive and destructive mythology to be challenged by more Americans than just Bill O’Reilly and (less forthrightly) the Fox network" but apparently it's a real website.

Yep.

The focus today is on the protests and demonstrations that won't stop until the chiefs respectively of the city and the county police forces are fired and not until the prosecutor who's criticized the governor for advocating full prosecution either recuses himself or is removed by the governor himself.

The line here today is that the demonstrators who are outraged by the murder of Brown are, of all things, a lynch mob. cheesy.gif

The old line hacks who are chiefs of police, county prosecutors and other rear guard officials in Ferguson and in St Louis county have to quit or this will be just another whitewash coverup and yet another instance of justice denied.

The past couple of pages of the thread are full of the term "lynch mob." That's because today is to push the "lynch mob" line here.

The fact is the demonstrators protesting outside are the people. The mob are inside wearing uniforms, suits, ties, squirreled away in government buildings sealed and insulated from the people by police and national guard.

They sound like a lynch mob to me:

Who do we want?!

Darren Wilson!

How do we want him?!

Dead!

http://www.ironicsurrealism.com/2014/08/17/ferguson-new-black-kill-cracker-babies-panthers-lead-mob-in-death-chant-against-officer-darren-wilson-video/

Edited by canman

Can anyone here honestly tell me that if a bunch of redneck white Americans were chanting the same thing regarding a black guy this would be simply allowed ? The mob that is marching round and round in Ferguson is nothing more than a black lynch mob who want not justice but revenge.

Big Mike Rappin' .... another aspiring rapper displays his gentile nature, his support for women's rights, his respect for womanhood, his dexterous use of the English language in describing his everyday thoughts about life and the mystery of the universe.... the melodic sounds of a budding sound engineer... ring out those melodic tones Big Mike....

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/08/breaking-gentle-mike-browns-raps-surface-beat-that-puy-up-then-be-on-the-run-masterbating-off-my-voice-on-the-laptop-audio/

Big Mike Rappin' .... another aspiring rapper displays his gentile nature, his support for women's rights, his respect for womanhood, his dexterous use of the English language in describing his everyday thoughts about life and the mystery of the universe.... the melodic sounds of a budding sound engineer... ring out those melodic tones Big Mike....

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/08/breaking-gentle-mike-browns-raps-surface-beat-that-puy-up-then-be-on-the-run-masterbating-off-my-voice-on-the-laptop-audio/

The world has lost a monumental talent as well as a great humanitarian. whistling.gif

Examples of the balanced approach in America - where one incident in Ferguson, MO becomes paramount and many many others are not even taken note of by the news, by the government, by the race baiter... it seems by their standards the killing is bad in Ferguson - but not worthy of discussion elsewhere in the U.S. Is there something out of balance in the over reaction about the Ferguson fiasco ?

7/18- Jimmie Norman, white male murdered by black male. No national news.
7/18- Terry Taylor, white male murdered by black male. No national news.
7/17- Cindy Raygoza, white female murdered by black male. No national news.
7/11- Luis Aguilar, 91 year old hispanic male murdered by black male. No national news.
7/10- Brittany Simpson, white female murdered by black male. No national news.
7/6- Sarah Goode, white female murdered by black male. No national news.
7/6- Jeffrey Westerfield, white male murdered by black male. No national news.
7/5- Perry Renn, white male murdered by black male. No national news.
7/3- Laurey Kennedy, white female still in coma from beating by black male. No national news
7/3 Eric Mollet, white male murdered by black male. No national news.
7/2 Rupert Anderson, white male murdered by black male. No national news.
7/2 Jennifer Kingeter, white female murdered by black male. No national news.
6/30 Jim Brennan, white male, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/29 Paul Shephard, white male, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/27 Shirley Barone, white female, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/27 Penelope Spencer, white female, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/27 Inga Evans, white female, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/26 Jake Rameau, white male, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/25 Gina Burger, white female, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/24 Nathan Dasher, white male, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/22 Jonathan Price, white male, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/20 John Whitmore, white male, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/18 John Yingling,white male, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/17 Allyn Reeves, white male, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/15 Michael Beaver, white male, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/11 Angela Cook, white female, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/11 Nathan Hall, white male, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/7 Harry Briggs, white male, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/5 Laura Bachman, white female, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/2 Robert Mohler, white male, murdered by black male. No national news.
6/1 William Headley, white male, murdered by black male. No national news

• Like 1

post-135557-0-35713000-1408690639_thumb.

Cop tries to shoot dog, misses, hits 10-year-old boy
Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop-shoot-dog-misses-hits-10-year/#9POK1doLbivfmQPt.99

I was looking to see if violent protesters had come out and and looted stores ... demanding that the cop be killed ... but then realized this incident happened back in July ... Hmmmmm? Oh - I see - the kid is white ... that's the difference.

Dancing on the grave.

And wanting only more graves to dance on.

The right wingnuts call it "reality."

A reality party of John Wayne movies.

Your kind of thinking brought us Detroit.

...but you still don't get it.

http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2013/07/30/5-ways-liberalism-destroyed-detroit-n1651524/page/full

Aside perhaps from some threads around here, what do you know about my thinking or what I might think of the problems of Detroit? New York City had similar problems during the stagflation of the 1970s but it being NYC it pulled out without too many problems to include bucks expended in the renewal project.

Is Ferguson bankrupt? Oakland? Gary, Indiana et al?

There are plenty of well run predominantly black cities with majority black governments, in the South especially but throughout the country. Everyone knows the auto industry was the basis of Detroit's economy.

People around here like dancing on graves.

attachicon.gif15381_10152531813523189_2817742907056921109_n.jpg

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop-shoot-dog-misses-hits-10-year/#9POK1doLbivfmQPt.99

I was looking to see if violent protesters had come out and and looted stores ... demanding that the cop be killed ... but then realized this incident happened back in July ... Hmmmmm? Oh - I see - the kid is white ... that's the difference.

I'd like to see the hilarious results of some people around here taking the Miller Analogies Test laugh.png

Something like: A police officer is to a human as an unarmed boy is to a police officer with a gun is to a demonstration is to a racist dog.

Jump to: navigation, search
375px-Hudson_police_dogs_1963.jpg
magnify-clip.png
Walter Gadsden, an onlooker, is attacked by a police dog in this iconic photograph by Bill Hudson of the Associated Press

attachicon.gif15381_10152531813523189_2817742907056921109_n.jpg

the videos of ferguson gave me the impression it was a very nicely kept area