Michael Brown killing: State police take over riot-hit US town

webfact

Eyewitnesses will also be denied and defamed by the defenders of Dirty Harry Wilson and the Dirty Harry Ferguson PD. I know I can count on it.

All the same, there were in fact firsthand eye witnesses and all of 'em say the same thing, which is that..........

Witness: Michael Brown was 'walking dead guy,' not rushing Ferguson officer

Brown “staggered dead after the second shot, 20-25 feet, to the ground,” the unidentified witness told CNN. “He was like a walking dead guy.”

The witness is one of two contractors who were working nearby on Aug. 9 when a confrontation between Brown, Wilson and Brown’s friend Dorian Johnson escalated into the fatal shooting. They have given statements to St. Louis investigators and the FBI.

The second contractor told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that Wilson chased Brown on foot away from the police SUV and fired at least one more shot in the direction of Brown as he was fleeing.

Both workers gave accounts that largely match the versions of other eyewitnesses, who said Brown stopped, turned around, and put his hands up in surrender, and that Wilson fired multiple shots.

http://news.yahoo.com/witness-michael-brown-was-a-walking-dead-guy-not-charging-ferguson-officer-182409896.html

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off topic posts and replies have been removed, this is not about the incident that transpired in Memphis. Other posts that were mostly off topic have been removed as well as a post containing inflammatory trolling remarks regarding the police.

A post replying to a previously removed off topic post has been removed.

Edited by metisdead

7 disgusting ways Michael Brown and Ferguson have been smeared How police, the media and politicians have tried to make this about anything other than a dead teenager

http://www.salon.com/2014/08/20/7_disgusting_ways_michael_brown_and_ferguson_have_been_smeared_partner/

Salon.com?

Are you kidding?

I quote "they released a video that allegedly showed Brown confronting a convenience store employee and taking a package of cigars."

He didn't 'confront' the site employee, he assaulted him.

He didn't 'take' a package of cigars, he stole them.

The police didn't smear Michael Brown, his own actions did that.

If you can convict Michael Brown without his being formally charged, tried in a court of law, judged, then I can convict Dirty Harry Wilson for Murder in the First Degree of Michael Brown.

That would be because of the local (anarchist's) rule exhibited above that all's fair in posting and war.

Showing a video of Brown robbing a store, assaulting a store clerk, and Browns photos depicting his alliance with the "Bloods street gang," is not convicting him of anything. It does show what kind of person he was, and his state of mind minutes before his encounter with the police. Also, if the police officer shot Brown, while he was trying to surrender, it will come out after all the evidence is reviewed, and the police officer will be held accountable.

Your repeated nonsensical posts about your distain for police and political conservatives shows what kind of person you are too. Maybe you should consider giving it a rest, and instead of being glued to MSNBC, you should view Fox News, in order to clear your head of all those ultra liberal, communistic, thoughts that are driving you to make these repeated idoitic posts. :-)

I restate my respect, admiration and appreciation of the vast and huge majority of police officers and police departments in the United States that each and every day do a very tough and demanding job professionally and well.

I restate that citizens acquire a greater gratitude and societal bond with police when something happens such as 9/11 when the police in the extraordinary performance of their duties conduct themselves with instinctive courage, bravery, fortitude, dedication, sacrifice, selflessness among many additional positive attributes.

I restate that my own rare interactions with police officers have been expressions of mutual respect and benefit.

As to people who have conservative views in politics, society, culture, I just don't see very many of them here. Respectable and respectful mainstream conservative Americans and even U.S. politicians don't speak in the ways that others here do. So I sometimes wonder if I somehow wandered accidentally across the tracks in to a seedy club of dubious membership.

I restate my respect, admiration and appreciation of the vast and huge majority of police officers and police departments in the United States that each and every day do a very tough and demanding job professionally and well.

I restate that citizens acquire a greater gratitude and societal bond with police when something happens such as 9/11 when the police in the extraordinary performance of their duties conduct themselves with instinctive courage, bravery, fortitude, dedication, sacrifice, selflessness among many additional positive attributes.

I restate that my own rare interactions with police officers have been expressions of mutual respect and benefit.

As to people who have conservative views in politics, society, culture, I just don't see very many of them here. Respectable and respectful mainstream conservative Americans and even U.S. politicians don't speak in the ways that others here do. So I sometimes wonder if I somehow wandered accidentally across the tracks in to a seedy club of dubious membership.

You didn't "accidentally cross the tracks," you simply popped your head out of never-never-land or the dark place it is lodged in, and got a glimpse of the real world. How terrifying that must have been for you. Has it sunk in yet, Brown was not the "teenage gentle giant" the liberal news media portrayed him to be but was actually a member of the Bloods street gang, who emulated criminals? In addition, has it sunk in yet, Brown was caught on video robbing a store and assaulting the store clerk minutes before he was reported to have assaulted a police officer?

What is yet to be determined is what took place after Brown, assaulted the police officer, besides being shot dead by the police. Eye witness interviews, videos of the aftermath of the incident, and forensic evidence should tell the rest of the story. This incident has nothing to do with some "Dirty Harry" fantasy you keep writing about. It is about a police officer that unfortunately encountered a violent 18 year old, street gang member, who was physically much larger and stronger than the police officer.

Did you know, most people that work in law enforcement, our nations prisons, intelligence agencies, and military combat units tend to be conservatives?

• Like 2

You didn't "accidentally cross the tracks," you simply popped your head out of never-never-land or the dark place it is lodged in, and got a glimpse of the real world. How terrifying that must have been for you. Has it sunk in yet, Brown was not the "teenage gentle giant" the liberal news media portrayed him to be but was actually a member of the Bloods street gang, who emulated criminals? In addition, has it sunk in yet, Brown was caught on video robbing a store and assaulting the store clerk minutes before he was reported to have assaulted a police officer?

What is yet to be determined is what took place after Brown, assaulted the police officer, besides being shot dead by the police. Eye witness interviews, videos of the aftermath of the incident, and forensic evidence should tell the rest of the story. This incident has nothing to do with some "Dirty Harry" fantasy you keep writing about. It is about a police officer that unfortunately encountered a violent 18 year old, street gang member, who was physically much larger and stronger than the police officer.

Did you know, most people that work in law enforcement, our nations prisons, intelligence agencies, and military combat units tend to be conservatives?

There's a lot of presumptuous lecturing, posturing and attempted scolding going on that reveals something is lacking in the process.

I will present the central issue as clearly as is can be stated as of the present....

By Mark Berman September 11

“He had his [expletive deleted] hands in the air,” a man in the video, identified by CNN as a contractor working in the area. The same worker, who declined to be identified, later reiterated to CNN that Brown’s “hands were up” when he was killed.

Then Brown moved, the worker said. “He’s kind of walking back toward the cop.” He said Brown’s hands were still up. Wilson began backing up as he fired, the worker said.

After the third shot, Brown’s hands started going down, and he moved about 25 feet toward Wilson, who kept backing away and firing.

The worker’s description aligned with those of other witnesses who said that Wilson chased Brown from the car after the first gunshot. The worker also said Wilson fired a shot at Brown while Brown’s back was turned, after which Brown stumbled, stopped, put his hands up and turned around.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/09/11/video-appears-to-show-witnesses-reacting-to-michael-browns-death/

At this thread it's been claimed Brown could not have had his hands in the air because Wilson shot Brown in the arm(s) before he could raise his hands. That's been a complete fiction by people who have their own values and motives.

It's been stated Brown charged Wilson. That's been shot down repeatedly as eyewitnesses say Brown staggered and "walked like a dead man."

And the keyboard warriors have tried in vain to portray Wilson as a poor harmless little cop up against Godzilla when in fact Wilson was armed to the teeth in a police SUV and uncalled backup was in fact a radio call away..

So now comes the latest stab at a diversion and a misfired barrage of shots of yet another fiction......

You didn't "accidentally cross the tracks," you simply popped your head out of never-never-land or the dark place it is lodged in, and got a glimpse of the real world. How terrifying that must have been for you

<<snip>>

You're asking this question to someone who's been in professional politics, government, journalism for 40 years, a veteran of armed forces service in the officer corps..

That which is beyond you to recognize or to appreciate is clearly and decidedly beyond you.

The onus of that is on you.

<<snip>>

You're asking this question to someone who's been in professional politics, government, journalism for 40 years, a veteran of armed forces service in the officer corps..

That which is beyond you to recognize or to appreciate is clearly and decidedly beyond you.

The onus of that is on you.

Well then, you already know this fact. How terrifying it must have been for you to have been surrounded by conservatives.

• Like 1

There's a lot of presumptuous lecturing, posturing and attempted scolding going on that reveals something is lacking in the process.

I will present the central issue as clearly as is can be stated as of the present....

“He had his [expletive deleted] hands in the air,” a man in the video, identified by CNN as a contractor working in the area. The same worker, who declined to be identified, later reiterated to CNN that Brown’s “hands were up” when he was killed.

Then Brown moved, the worker said. “He’s kind of walking back toward the cop.” He said Brown’s hands were still up. Wilson began backing up as he fired, the worker said.

After the third shot, Brown’s hands started going down, and he moved about 25 feet toward Wilson, who kept backing away and firing.

The worker’s description aligned with those of other witnesses who said that Wilson chased Brown from the car after the first gunshot. The worker also said Wilson fired a shot at Brown while Brown’s back was turned, after which Brown stumbled, stopped, put his hands up and turned around.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/09/11/video-appears-to-show-witnesses-reacting-to-michael-browns-death/

At this thread it's been claimed Brown could not have had his hands in the air because Wilson shot Brown in the arm(s) before he could raise his hands. That's been a complete fiction by people who have their own values and motives.

It's been stated Brown charged Wilson. That's been shot down repeatedly as eyewitnesses say Brown staggered and "walked like a dead man."

And the keyboard warriors have tried in vain to portray Wilson as a poor harmless little cop up against Godzilla when in fact Wilson was armed to the teeth in a police SUV and uncalled backup was in fact a radio call away..

So now comes the latest stab at a diversion and a misfired barrage of shots of yet another fiction......

You didn't "accidentally cross the tracks," you simply popped your head out of never-never-land or the dark place it is lodged in, and got a glimpse of the real world. How terrifying that must have been for you

So you were in journalism for 40 years. OMG!!

Michael Brown shooting: Video shows witness saying Ferguson teen had his hands up when police shot him

A video of the immediate aftermath of Ferguson teenager Michael Brown’s fatal shooting by a police officer shows a witness raising his hands and saying the 18-year-old was surrendering when he was killed.

The footage, captured on a mobile phone, could bolster arguments and previous witness testimony that Brown had his hands in the air at the time of his shooting, US legal experts have said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/michael-brown-shooting-video-shows-witness-saying-ferguson-teen-had-his-hands-up-when-police-shot-him-9731314.html

Not forty years, no - included in the 40 years. You're wildly leaping out way ahead of the facts.

My former colleagues in Washington continue to be excellent sources to me both in journalism and in the government.

And my time as a federal investigator enforcing civil rights laws means my former colleagues do keep me advised of cases such as the instant one contained in this thread. So when I say the Ferguson PD is going down you might think about going ahead to consider the fact.

You guys will snort and try to rip and tear against these realities as is your wont, but you can't delete them from my life. smile.png

Not forty years, no - included in the 40 years. You're wildly leaping out way ahead of the facts.

My former colleagues in Washington continue to be excellent sources to me both in journalism and in the government.

And my time as a federal investigator enforcing civil rights laws means my former colleagues do keep me advised of cases such as the instant one contained in this thread. So when I say the Ferguson PD is going down you might think about going ahead to consider the fact.

You guys will snort and try to rip and tear against these realities as is your wont, but you can't delete them from my life. smile.png

I had no idea you had been a Federal Investigator, and had government contacts that keep you in the loop. I can't speak for the many posters who have commented on this unfortunate shooting incident, but I certainly look forward to reading your future comments. The Ferguson Police Department, is going down you say. Who do you believe will end up policing the city of Ferguson? Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

The St Louis county PD temporarily took over public safety responsibilities and duties in Jennings until a new police department was put in place.

I am confident the city council of Ferguson will have ample time to prepare to replace the extant police force, from top to bottom.

Darren Wilson’s first job was on a troubled police force disbanded by authorities

— The small city of Jennings, Mo., had a police department so troubled, and with so much tension between white officers and black residents, that the city council finally decided to disband it. Everyone in the Jennings police department was fired. New officers were brought in to create a credible department from scratch.

That was three years ago. One of the officers who worked in that department, and lost his job along with everyone else, was a young man named Darren Wilson.

Some of the Jennings officers reapplied for their jobs, but Wilson got a job in the police department in the nearby city of Ferguson.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/08/24/1324175/-WaPo-Darren-Wilson-s-previous-job-was-at-disbanded-PD-fraught-w-racial-tension-like-Ferguson

Civil Rights Investigations of Local Police - Lessons Learned

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/172449985/civil%20rights%20investigations%20of%20local%20police%20-%20lessons%20learned%202013.pdf

Edited by Publicus for spacing.

Edited by Publicus

The St Louis county PD temporarily took over public safety responsibilities and duties in Jennings until a new police department was put in place.

I am confident the city council of Ferguson will have ample time to prepare to replace the extant police force, from top to bottom.

Darren Wilson’s first job was on a troubled police force disbanded by authorities

— The small city of Jennings, Mo., had a police department so troubled, and with so much tension between white officers and black residents, that the city council finally decided to disband it. Everyone in the Jennings police department was fired. New officers were brought in to create a credible department from scratch.

That was three years ago. One of the officers who worked in that department, and lost his job along with everyone else, was a young man named Darren Wilson.

Some of the Jennings officers reapplied for their jobs, but Wilson got a job in the police department in the nearby city of Ferguson.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/08/24/1324175/-WaPo-Darren-Wilson-s-previous-job-was-at-disbanded-PD-fraught-w-racial-tension-like-Ferguson

Civil Rights Investigations of Local Police - Lessons Learned

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/172449985/civil%20rights%20investigations%20of%20local%20police%20-%20lessons%20learned%202013.pdf

Thank you so much Pubilcus, for sharing this Washington insider information regarding "Darren Wilson's first job on a troubled police force." Interesting reading for sure. Did your former law enforcement sources mention what is in store for Officer Wilson yet? I enjoy viewing your hourly updates.

The police brotherhood in Ferguson and in St Louis county might be behaving more like the muslim brotherhood, which is why they are in the soup as the target of a Department of Justice civil rights investigation for suspected unconstitutional patterns or practices of race prejudice and/or discrimination, to include unlawful violence against individual citizens and against certain groups of citizens who are by law members of a protected class in the society.

The roughshod radical right in the U.S. has a huge and well financed mass media on its side and a few hit and run lawyers besides, but Michael Brown and the DoJ have, in Brown's case, the protection of the laws on his side, however belatedly, and, in the instance of the DoJ, lawyers who attend to the constitution and the laws faithfully and without reservation or purpose of evasion. That didn't do Brown much good in the instant case but then in protecting and preserving the safety and the life of each individual citizen, faithfully serving the constitution is necessarily an involved and time consuming process.

The first link points out how in the aftermath of the homicide of Michael Brown the FPD has been violating its own policies, Missouri state law and the US constitution as inquiries based on state "sunshine laws" are thwarted or the department prevaricates in the face of a broad and deep public scrutiny. The second link discusses how a six-foot-four "gentle giant" person such as Michael Brown has a bull's eye placed on his back by some certain police in the U.S.

So now the Ferguson police department has an X on it.

Ferguson’s massive cover-up: How police departments are protecting Michael Brown’s killer Basic evidence is being kept from the public. And investigators aren't showing proper zeal to figure out the truth
ferguson18.jpg
A man is arrested as police try to disperse a crowd during protests in Ferguson, Mo., Aug. 20, 2014. (Credit: AP/Jeff Roberson)

Are the police departments of Ferguson and St. Louis County, Missouri, involved in a conspiracy to obstruct justice in the case of Michael Brown’s murder?

It seems disturbingly possible, given their actions over the past month, hiding basic evidentiary information from the public in direct violation of the state’s sunshine laws—and perhaps not even gathering it in the first place.

This raises the further possibly that evidence is being hidden from criminal investigators as well, particularly since the investigators have shown no great interest, much less zeal, in getting to the truth of the matter

http://www.salon.com/2014/09/14/fergusons_massive_cover_up_how_police_departments_are_protecting_michael_browns_killer/

Why Did Michael Brown Die in Ferguson?

It cannot, or must not, be easier for the police to shoot at an eighteen-year-old who is running—away from the officer, not toward him—with his empty hands showing, than to chase him, drive after him, do anything other than kill him. Teen-agers may not always be prudent; there is no death penalty for that, or shouldn’t be.

Michael Brown was black and tall; was it his body that the police officer thought was dangerous enough? Perhaps it was enough for the officer that he lived on a certain block in a certain neighborhood; shooting down the street, after all, exhibits a certain lack of concern about anyone else who might be walking by. That sort of calculus raises questions about an entire community’s rights

http://www.newyorker.com/news/amy-davidson/michael-brown-die-ferguson

The police brotherhood in Ferguson and in St Louis county might be behaving more like the muslim brotherhood, which is why they are in the soup as the target of a Department of Justice civil rights investigation for suspected unconstitutional patterns or practices of race prejudice and/or discrimination, to include unlawful violence against individual citizens and against certain groups of citizens who are by law members of a protected class in the society.

The roughshod radical right in the U.S. has a huge and well financed mass media on its side and a few hit and run lawyers besides, but Michael Brown and the DoJ have, in Brown's case, the protection of the laws on his side, however belatedly, and, in the instance of the DoJ, lawyers who attend to the constitution and the laws faithfully and without reservation or purpose of evasion. That didn't do Brown much good in the instant case but then in protecting and preserving the safety and the life of each individual citizen, faithfully serving the constitution is necessarily an involved and time consuming process.

The first link points out how in the aftermath of the homicide of Michael Brown the FPD has been violating its own policies, Missouri state law and the US constitution as inquiries based on state "sunshine laws" are thwarted or the department prevaricates in the face of a broad and deep public scrutiny. The second link discusses how a six-foot-four "gentle giant" person such as Michael Brown has a bull's eye placed on his back by some certain police in the U.S.

Ferguson’s massive cover-up: How police departments are protecting Michael Brown’s killer Basic evidence is being kept from the public. And investigators aren't showing proper zeal to figure out the truth
ferguson18.jpg
A man is arrested as police try to disperse a crowd during protests in Ferguson, Mo., Aug. 20, 2014. (Credit: AP/Jeff Roberson)

Are the police departments of Ferguson and St. Louis County, Missouri, involved in a conspiracy to obstruct justice in the case of Michael Brown’s murder?

It seems disturbingly possible, given their actions over the past month, hiding basic evidentiary information from the public in direct violation of the state’s sunshine laws—and perhaps not even gathering it in the first place.

This raises the further possibly that evidence is being hidden from criminal investigators as well, particularly since the investigators have shown no great interest, much less zeal, in getting to the truth of the matter

http://www.salon.com/2014/09/14/fergusons_massive_cover_up_how_police_departments_are_protecting_michael_browns_killer/

It cannot, or must not, be easier for the police to shoot at an eighteen-year-old who is running—away from the officer, not toward him—with his empty hands showing, than to chase him, drive after him, do anything other than kill him. Teen-agers may not always be prudent; there is no death penalty for that, or shouldn’t be.

Michael Brown was black and tall; was it his body that the police officer thought was dangerous enough? Perhaps it was enough for the officer that he lived on a certain block in a certain neighborhood; shooting down the street, after all, exhibits a certain lack of concern about anyone else who might be walking by. That sort of calculus raises questions about an entire community’s rights

I'm surprised you would post an article from "Salon Magazine," regarding the gang member shooting death in Ferguson, instead of relying on your law enforcement and Washington insider contacts. Salon is nothing more than a left wing tabloid magazine, who's writers spew extreme leftist, and socialistic ideology.

After reading the added New Yorker magazine article you posted, it almost made me vomit. Where on earth do you people come from? It will be so interesting to hear what the Ferguson Grand Jury decides to do after they have an opportunity to view all the evidence in this case. As always, I enjoyed reading your hourly report but it would have been more interesting if the information had come from your insider sources. I bet you wrote a lot of interesting articles when you were a journalist. Thanks for sharing :-)

Edited by CMNightRider
  • Like 1

ferguson18.jpg

I'm surprised you would post an article from "Salon Magazine," regarding the gang member shooting death in Ferguson, instead of relying on your law enforcement and Washington insider contacts. Salon is nothing more than a left wing tabloid magazine, who's writers spew extreme leftist, and socialistic ideology.

After reading the added New Yorker magazine article you posted, it almost made me vomit. Where on earth do you people come from? It will be so interesting to hear what the Ferguson Grand Jury decides to do after they have an opportunity to view all the evidence in this case. As always, I enjoyed reading your hourly report but it would have been more interesting if the information had come from your insider sources. I bet you wrote a lot of interesting articles when you were a journalist. Thanks for sharing :-)

After reading the added New Yorker magazine article you posted, it almost made me vomit.

Maybe next time eh biggrin.png

Nothing to say about a FPD cover up? The FPD are entitled to legal representation but they're getting it by sleazy lawyers, and not just in Ferguson.

Nothing to say about the DoJ pattern or practice civil rights investigation of prima facie unconstitutional conduct by the FPD?

Yes the grand jury will reach its conclusion and everyone will be patient about that, the rule of law being paramount.

Now however that eye witnesses accounts are being widely reported you guys want to ignore developments that don't suit your bogus narrative.

Grind on anyway.

It's your time and energy that's a-wasting..

Pub says:

"And my time as a federal investigator enforcing civil rights laws means my former colleagues do keep me advised of cases such as the instant one contained in this thread."

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!! Sorry, cannot help laugh out loud. The dearth of knowledge and insight regarding laws and enforcement of laws possessed by this individual . . , oh well, you get the point.

It just proves that you can pretend to be anything that you want on the Internet.

Here are some issues for you guys to pursue......

152279_600.jpg?w=600&h=441

Bob Englehart, Hartford Journal

michael-brown-autopsy-cartoon-morin.jpg

Powerful. Pointed.

152352_600.jpg?w=600&h=425

Edited by Publicus

You are still spouting the self evident lie that Brown was shot while running away, so, unless you can prove he was running backwards, or the police are using magic bullets that go past a running person and turn around to hit him in the front, where all the bullets that hit Brown are, please stop saying that.

The family autopsy by the former medical examiner of NYC said Brown was shot six times from the front.

Eye witnesses said Wilson fired at Brown while Brown was running away.

Eye witnesses said Wilson took after him on foot, firing shots.

The eye witnesses said Brown seemed to get hit by one of the shots because Brown suddenly lurched and stopped.

This was about 10 yards from Wilson's police SUV. Brown turned around and raised his arms in the air.

Wilson blasted him with a burst of fire. (This may be on the tape still being examined.) Brown staggered forward "walking like a dead man."

Then Brown took a bullet to his downturned head, collapsed forward dead.

That's what witnisses are saying to mass media and it's what the witnesses said they told investigators from the county DA's office, the St Louis PD and the FBI. The above is presented in my posts, welcome to the thread.

The major difference between eye witnesses and the autopsy as far as I can determine is that the autopsy seems not to allow for one shot to have hit Brown from behind. This aspect of the shooting seems to be in need of a resolution or a forensic reconciliation.

You're not reading about magic bullets in any of my posts so maybe you're thinking of the Warren Commission or whatever.