Michael Brown killing: State police take over riot-hit US town

webfact

Pity the ignorance of those who think the blacks are always victims. If they want, they can achieve even Presidency. The victim...will be exonerated..surely. Not because he was right or wrong, but for the fear of civil unrest. A white victim would not have caused such a stir.

The United States, as I used to know it, can no longer function, as it has no choice but to give in to civil unrest. This thing spreads like wildfire. The pendulum will soon swing in favor of the minority. America is pretty much finished, as a Protestant, Middle Class White system. Our biggest strength (Freedom) will tear down the walls of racial distinction once and for all. Rights of Assembly, rights to bear arms, rights to freedom of speech, and a Constitution founded on a freedom from tyranny are the very "strengths" that will implode inward. Perhaps for the best.

Racial card has been played well.

• Like 1

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pity the ignorance of those who think the blacks are always victims. If they want, they can achieve even Presidency. The victim...will be exonerated..surely. Not because he was right or wrong, but for the fear of civil unrest. A white victim would not have caused such a stir.

The United States, as I used to know it, can no longer function, as it has no choice but to give in to civil unrest. This thing spreads like wildfire. The pendulum will soon swing in favor of the minority. America is pretty much finished, as a Protestant, Middle Class White system. Our biggest strength (Freedom) will tear down the walls of racial distinction once and for all. Rights of Assembly, rights to bear arms, rights to freedom of speech, and a Constitution founded on a freedom from tyranny are the very "strengths" that will implode inward. Perhaps for the best.

Generational change happens, well, each generation. thumbsup.gif

People who want the world to be the way it was when they were growing up invariably fail to grow up when they see the normal processes of change to instead mean it is going to hell in a handbasket. Girl pitchers in the baseball Youth League World Series for instance! What's the world coming to?!? biggrin.png

I have confidence in the Constitution because it has endured a civil war, a couple of world wars, a cold war, and generations of change that has been social, cultural, political.

The United States is always changing, has always undergone changes that often are radical and the Constitution with the Bill of Rights as its centerpiece endures.

Oh ye of little faith. wink.png

Edited by Publicus

Calculating people who are convinced they are cunning keep avoiding my valid and material question.

And now comes the Joyce Brothers rat psychology and banal diversion of "watching loads of TV and movies" as the basis of my world view.

I asked then repeated my legitimate question yet I continue to get intellectually trite and culturally glib circumventions of it. Inadequacies abound.

It's become apparent those who dance on Michael Brown's grave among other posters are woefully unable to respond to my question in any thoughtful or constructive, rational way.

Lest the manufacturers of blue smoke and mirrors forget, here verbatim and again is my legit question: The question is what do people of initiative do to address this serious challenge to U.S. society?

To paraphrase Melville, call me Diogenes.

I see that you have used as a statistic of black juvenile crime the number of ARRESTS for B.J.C.

I do not see how this figure can be used to show actual B.J.C as the number of blacks that commit crime

An arrest of a B.J is difficult due to the mob tactics used in much crime and the silence of those in the black community.

I would like to know the number of criminal complaints about black crime..Although many now do not report street robbery where there was no violence.The black gangs have learned to only use violence where there is resistance..Hence the black gangs..

In London these gangs know that robbing young white teens is the best tactic.They surround the youngsters [usually 2 white schoolboys] and demand their money and phones.

Often in crowded places..Oxford street around midday is a favourite].

They know that if seen by the public arguing with the victims the public will not interfere as they will believe it is a schoolboy argument over football or similar.

They deliberately do not prey on lone females ...I am speaking of black juveniles .

Are you and I posting to the same thread?

coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif

Nearly two times a week in the United States, a white police officer killed a black person during a seven-year period ending in 2012, according to the most recent accounts of justifiable homicide reported to the FBI.

Black youths - who make up 16% of the youth population - accounted for 52% of juvenile violent crime arrests, including 58% for homicide and 67% for robbery in USA. They also account for 32% of all weapons arrests. Is it any wonder they are often involved in justified officer shootings?

Yes it is a wonder and the wonder is compounded daily.

The question is what do people of initiative do to address this serious challenge to U.S. society.

It does no good to denounce decry defame and dance on the graves of certain others.

Those who spew their rhetoric need to get positive towards the people who are the products of a culture we all have contempt of.

So then your newly resolved positive course of action will be to...........

Actually the solution to problem the black community has, is simple. Stop pointing their fingers at the white community, and look in the mirror. If their children show up for school, dress properly, and learn to behave in a respectful manner, they will notice a distinct improvement in their circumstances. That seemed to work for all of the classmates I had, including people now on airport commissions, education administration, and bank branch managers. Some how, they never accepted that they were victims, and blame it on whitey.

They could also stop having children out of wedlock. The large number of single parent households in the black community ensures that poverty will be endemic and nothing will improve in the ghettos where poor black people live.

If you want to see a non white community that overcame problems to become successful, look no further than the Asian community. However, they value education and hard work.

• Like 2

You don't know what the facts are yet from day one you've obsessively spewed nonsense based on prejudice. Obsessively.

I predict you're going to be proven wrong when the facts are known. I also predict you won't admit you're wrong if you even see that you're wrong.

I predict that you are correct on BOTH counts. biggrin.png

Justice Dept. to probe Ferguson police force

The federal officials said the probe will look at not only Ferguson, but other police departments in St. Louis County. Some, like Ferguson, are predominantly white departments serving majority African-American communities and at least one department invited the Justice Department to look at its practices.

ap719541192278_crop.jpg

Attorney General Eric Holder talks with Missouri Highway Patrol Captain Ron Johnson..Under Attorney General Eric Holder, the Justice Department has initiated twice as many reviews of police departments for possible constitutional violations as any of his predecessors. Pablo Martinez Mnsivais/AP

The investigation is in addition to a Justice Department probe into whether Officer Darren Wilson, who fired the fatal shots, violated Brown’s civil rights. The new probe will look more broadly at whether the department employed policies and practices that resulted in a pattern of civil rights violations.

The Washington Post reported Sunday that five current and one former member of the police force face pending federal lawsuits claiming they used excessive force. The lawsuits, as well as more than a half-dozen internal investigations, include claims that individual officers separately hog-tied a 12-year-old boy who was checking his family mailbox, pistol-whipped children, and used a Taser on a mentally-ill man who died as a result.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/justice-dept-to-probe-ferguson-police-force/2014/09/03/737dd928-33bc-11e4-a723-fa3895a25d02_story.html

It ain't over till the fat lady sings and I begin to see these Dirty Harry cops singing like whip o' wills to save their skins. Investigating the entire police department on civil rights violations vastly expands the strike zone for the pitcher well beyond trying to singularly and in isolation prove that Dirty Harry Wilson murdered the unarmed Michael Brown.

Anyone with a background in federal civil rights investigations can advise that It's actually more effective and productive to investigate to determine a pattern and practice of wrongdoing by a number of people in a civil rights case than it is to focus on the minutiea and specifics of one cop and one murder victim.

The more people investigated for violation of federal civil rights statues and constitutional guarantees, the more singing there is.

Edited by Publicus

If you want to see a non white community that overcame problems to become successful, look no further than the Asian community. However, they value education and hard work.

However in Britain they have no values for the country and people that gave them residence along with the right to vote

• Like 1

However in Britain they have no values for the country and people that gave them residence along with the right to vote

In America, "Asians" mostly means Oriental - Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese, etc. In the UK, I'm pretty sure that it usually means Indian or Pakistani.

• Like 2

As you mentioned, the system was flawed from the very beginning.

It has to be said though that the founding fathers had white europeans in mind when writing the constitution etc.

I also see a real chance of civil/race war and various states going -or tryin to- their own way.

Yes. Certainly some signers of the Constitution, and amendments, were pro-slavery...and in fact owned slaves themselves. That is why States were given power to decide for themselves. This power has almost vanished, with the Federal Government filling in the gaps. When Federal power fails, federal funding is withheld...leading to the very same thing (Federal Control).

I love my country, and served them well, but I hope for the best, not the worst. What I am referring to is a positive change, not negative. Imploding by it's own strength is an analogy to how, for example, an old star collapses (implodes) and becomes even stronger and more dynamic. A positive change. Minorities (Together) exceed the white, protestant, law makers and citizens...in numbers. The balance has shifted, now government is at a critical-mass level. It must hear and protect the minority voice. That is the change I am conveying. With a minority president (first time)...this will be the moment.

It has to be said though that the founding fathers had white europeans in mind when writing the constitution etc.

I also see a real chance of civil/race war and various states going -or tryin to- their own way.

Various states "going their own way?"

Fiction, fantasy, no contact with the reality of the United States of America.

Fringe thinking and beliefs far from the mainstream of middle class America.

Neo confederate never say die chronic revanchism.

In America, "Asians" mostly means Oriental - Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese, etc. In the UK, I'm pretty sure that it usually means Indian or Pakistani.

yes plus the many from Bangladesh.

There are few,if any.problems with the Chinese or Japanese

Edited by for real
  • Like 1

Yes. Certainly some signers of the Constitution, and amendments, were pro-slavery...and in fact owned slaves themselves. That is why States were given power to decide for themselves. This power has almost vanished, with the Federal Government filling in the gaps. When Federal power fails, federal funding is withheld...leading to the very same thing (Federal Control).

I love my country, and served them well, but I hope for the best, not the worst. What I am referring to is a positive change, not negative. Imploding by it's own strength is an analogy to how, for example, an old star collapses (implodes) and becomes even stronger and more dynamic. A positive change. Minorities (Together) exceed the white, protestant, law makers and citizens...in numbers. The balance has shifted, now government is at a critical-mass level. It must hear and protect the minority voice. That is the change I am conveying. With a minority president (first time)...this will be the moment.

Unfortunately the unemployed/benefit dependent have the right to vote .

They are now in such numbers that they are the ones with the power to decide who runs the country.

Same in Britain.

• Like 2

The federal officials said the probe will look at not only Ferguson, but other police departments in St. Louis County. Some, like Ferguson, are predominantly white departments serving majority African-American communities and at least one department invited the Justice Department to look at its practices.

ap719541192278_crop.jpg

Attorney General Eric Holder talks with Missouri Highway Patrol Captain Ron Johnson..Under Attorney General Eric Holder, the Justice Department has initiated twice as many reviews of police departments for possible constitutional violations as any of his predecessors. Pablo Martinez Mnsivais/AP

The investigation is in addition to a Justice Department probe into whether Officer Darren Wilson, who fired the fatal shots, violated Brown’s civil rights. The new probe will look more broadly at whether the department employed policies and practices that resulted in a pattern of civil rights violations.

The Washington Post reported Sunday that five current and one former member of the police force face pending federal lawsuits claiming they used excessive force. The lawsuits, as well as more than a half-dozen internal investigations, include claims that individual officers separately hog-tied a 12-year-old boy who was checking his family mailbox, pistol-whipped children, and used a Taser on a mentally-ill man who died as a result.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/justice-dept-to-probe-ferguson-police-force/2014/09/03/737dd928-33bc-11e4-a723-fa3895a25d02_story.html

It ain't over till the fat lady sings and I begin to see these Dirty Harry cops singing like whip o' wills to save their skins. Investigating the entire police department on civil rights violations vastly expands the strike zone for the pitcher well beyond trying to singularly and in isolation prove that Dirty Harry Wilson murdered the unarmed Michael Brown.

Anyone with a background in federal civil rights investigations can advise that It's actually more effective and productive to investigate to determine a pattern and practice of wrongdoing by a number of people in a civil rights case than it is to focus on the minutiea and specifics of one cop and one murder victim.

The more people investigated for violation of federal civil rights statues and constitutional guarantees, the more singing there is.

So the justice department should investigate those cases, but the case in question is about one cop that was probably attacked by a thug and shot him in self defence, so let's stay on the Brown/ Wilson case and not meander off into the weeds shall we.

• Like 2

So the justice department should investigate those cases, but the case in question is about one cop that was probably attacked by a thug and shot him in self defence, so let's stay on the Brown/ Wilson case and not meander off into the weeds shall we.

The lead investigators of the Michael Brown homicide are the Ferguson PD and the St Louis County PD with the county prosecutor currently making a third round of presentations to the grand jury. The DoJ is investigating the question of whether Dirty Harry Wilson violated and deprived Michael Brown of his civil rights.

As the NYT notes today, and as is commonly known,

Mr. Holder has personally assured Mr. Brown’s family that the federal investigation will be thorough and independent. Civil rights investigations into police shootings are difficult: Courts have given the police wide latitude to use deadly force when they feel threatened. To bring charges, prosecutors must show that Officer Wilson intended to violate Mr. Brown’s civil rights when he opened fire and that he did so willfully — meaning he knew it was wrong but fired anyway.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/04/us/politics/justice-dept-to-investigate-ferguson-police-practices.html?_r=0

Anyone with an investigative background in the federal government to enforce civil rights laws would be surprised if anyone in any way is ever charged much less tried and even less probably convicted in the homicide of Michael Brown. Dirty Harry Wilson will almost surely walk away from any possible charges of unjustifiable homicide, i.e., not be so charged.

Dirty Harry Wilson and all of his dirty cops are however facing the FBI investigating the entire department for any pattern and practice violations of civil rights laws.

The DoJ is taking the reliable policy course in instances of alleged violations of federal civil rights statutes and constitutional guarantees. The FBI is investigating whether the FPD itself and the St Louis PD itself, and the other police departments in metro StL have a pattern and practice of violating civil rights laws and the constitution.

The NYT notes the DoJ has currently assumed direct oversight of 13 municipal police departments after conducting a pattern and practice investigation of each one. Whole and entire police departments in Ferguson, and throughout St Louis county are going to be shaken from top to bottom and throughout, officer by officer, supervisor by supervisor, Dirty Harry by Dirty Harry..

How many of you watched the video of this 'child' robbing the store?

His very actions show him for what he was.Does anyone believe that this was an 'out of character' offense.

The way he barged into the shop assistant shows him for someone who believes in right through might and 'how dare anyone interfere with me?'

How can you handle such people who believe they are invincible and who have no regard for the law or other people's property??

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Dirty Harry this, Dirty Harry that. Looks like someone's bordering on the verge of insanity.

Personally I think we need more Dirty Harry types on the force to protect law avoiding citizens from Michael Brown gangbanger-thug types.

"We" need more of what and who on the force?

His very actions show him for what he was.Does anyone believe that this was an 'out of character' offense.

The way he barged into the shop assistant shows him for someone who believes in right through might and 'how dare anyone interfere with me?'

How can you handle such people who believe they are invincible and who have no regard for the law or other people's property??

"How can you handle such people who believe they are invincible and who have no regard for the law or other people's property??"

Constitutionally.

And consistent with a respect of the laws you enforce.

And with respect toward all the citizens you serve and protect.

That is what the police do, right?

Officers of the peace....

Or do the police only arrive in armored weapons on wheels surrounded by armed combatants on the trot?

That I respond to your question does not at all mean I recognize it as legitimate or valid.

(Did you write or read the movie script?)

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Dirty Harry this, Dirty Harry that. Looks like someone's bordering on the verge of insanity.

Personally I think we need more Dirty Harry types on the force to protect law avoiding citizens from Michael Brown gangbanger-thug types.

"How can you handle such people who believe they are invincible and who have no regard for the law or other people's property??"

Constitutionally.

Or do the police only arrive in armored weapons on wheels surrounded by armed combatants on the trot?

That I respond to your question does not at all mean I recognize it as legitimate or valid.

Tell me again where the armored weapons on wheels surrounded by armed combatants on the trot were?

Constitutionally.

I was taught that A policeman's job was..'TO PREVENT CRIME'.

ap719541192278_crop.jpg

Looks like Holder is afraid that Officer Darren Wilson will be found blameless, so he is digging for anything to placate the race-hustlers that have fueled this whole situation.

Just like Zimmerman. "Not guilty" in a court of law, and then Holder with his pals Jackson and Sharpton try to go after him for violating Martin's civil rights. What???

So that racist Holder is back on stage, blowing smoke. He wouldn't be involved if it was a white guy and that's not equal treatment under the law.

Federal investigators of violations of civil rights laws and of constitutional guarantees know that the most efficient and productive use of their time and resources, i.e., the taxpayer's buck, is to pursue pattern and practice investigations.

The record shows the fact that in civil rights violations pattern and practice investigations yield the best findings, results, outcomes and have the greatest impact on violators of civil rights past, present, future.

Federal investigators findings of patterns and practice violations of civil and constitutional rights aren't ever successfully refuted by those investigated because the findings are comprehensively realized and thoroughly convincing. Either you have a pattern and practice or you don't, I can advise you.

This thread is about the shooting. Everything else you are quoting is a smokescreen as to the issue, the shooting! biggrin.png

Hey. It is not easy coming up with an excuses for a guy who was caught on video committing a violent robbery minutes before the confrontation with the police.

• Like 1

This thread is about the shooting. Everything else you are quoting is a smokescreen as to the issue, the shooting! biggrin.png

Hey. It is not easy coming up with an excuses for a guy who was caught on video committing a violent robbery minutes before the confrontation with the police.

A pattern and practice investigation starts with one incident, in this case the Michael Brown homicide. Several other Ferguson PD cops have cases ongoing of civil rights violations and allegations of unconstitutional police practices or behaviors, often both.

That's the prima facie basis of a pattern and practice investigation.

The feds in Washington don't initiate a pattern and practice investigation unless they have enough evidence to see it occurring already and more than sufficient grounds to believe they will find more, much more.

You should take my word on this.

A pattern and practice investigation starts with one incident, in this case the Michael Brown homicide. Several other Ferguson PD cops have cases ongoing of civil rights violations and allegations of unconstitutional police practices or behaviors, often both.

That's the prima facie basis of a pattern and practice investigation.

The feds in Washington don't initiate a pattern and practice investigation unless they have enough evidence to see it occurring already and more than sufficient grounds to believe they will find more, much more.

You should take my word on this.

How far we have strayed......

I have no argument with your assertion that the FPD needs to be investigated.

I would/will have no problem if the investigation reveals problems.

I would/will have no problem if the investigation leads to criminal complaints against the FPD.

I do have a problem with you asserting without the benefit of an investigation that the officer in question is a Dirty Harry Cop!

I do have a problem with your assertion that he executed Michael Brown before the finding have been released of an investigation and before the officer has stood before the court. You have a lynch mob mentality.

Oh, by the way..... Michael Brown was not jaywalking, he was using the road as a sidewalk, big difference. So your comparison to NYC isn't valid!

• Like 2