Michael Brown killing: State police take over riot-hit US town

webfact

Did anybody ever stop to think that if Michael Brown had been killed in Afghanistan while serving his country, Obama and Holder wouldn't even know his name?

Your political biases against Prez Obama and your false claims against him as commander in chief have nothing do with the thread. You'd anyway have to prove specifically and with concrete information that the cynical claim of your post is true, accurate. You'd have to be able to confirm or to verify your off the wall political claim is true.

You can't.

You'd have to show specifically and exactly how the Attorney General of the U.S. needs to know the names of military personnel killed in Afghanistan -- or anywhere else in the world -- or how the AG should know this or want to know it.

If your political opinion that seems to be applicable to the present administration only is that the AG must or should know, then you'd need to argue why the Secretary of Defense should know and that the Secretary of State should know and why the Secretary of the Treasury should know, the SecTreas being among the four principal cabinet officers.

First however you'd have to establish as undisputable fact and as being incontrovertibly accurate that, not only does the president not know, but that that none of the other officials of the executive branch know.

My question was rhetorical. I don't HAVE to prove anything.

Thanks for trying, though.

Too late - you got busted, now trying to backpedal cheesy.giflaugh.pngcheesy.gif

Not really but if it massages your ego to believe that, then go for it.

• Like 1

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know that the police tried to control the riots. That is their job.

I DID reply to the specifics of your post. The only point that you made was that a few of the experts can not make definite conclusions based on the evidence that has been released. You could not back up your claims that ALL the witnesses said the same thing or provide any evidence that Officer Wilson was not defending himself.

Gee, I'm awfully sorry about that.....what again was the post number of your specific reply that contains all of those particulars???

All I can see is that your posts keep talking about me while you say nothing specific or concrete in reply to my posts whilst simultaneously and consistently issuing broad and sweeping declaratory pronouncements of accusation against the people in the world you don't like and who disagree with you.

wai.gif

I've been specific about the issues presented in the autopsy, in the specific statements of the particular professional medical personnel who have reviewed the official autopsy's findings, of the news reports, and of the reviewers' criticisms of the reports all of you guys base your vague and general off topic post on.

Some one in authority has to bring some law and order around here.

wai.gif

I DID reply to the specifics of your post. The only point that you made was that a few of the experts can not make definite conclusions based on the evidence that has been released. You could not back up your claims that ALL the witnesses said the same thing or provide any evidence that Officer Wilson was not defending himself.

Gee, I'm awfully sorry about that.....what again was the post number of your specific reply that contains all of those particulars???

You mean my specific reply to the assertion that some experts can not specifically make definite conclusions based on the evidence that has been released or your claims that that ALL the witnesses said the same thing? I'll say it again. My reply is that you - and those experts - have no credible evidence that Officer Wilson was not defending himself either and it has been reported that a number of eyewitnesses HAVE supported Officer Wilson's version of events, so that makes your claim incorrect.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

It is looking more and more like Officer Wilson was telling the truth and some of the "eyewitnesses" were lying about what actually took place. It will be interesting to see if the Grand Jury do the right thing and ignore public pressure to railroad an honorable policeman for simply doing his job.

The autopsy results for Michael Brown, whose death at the hands of a police officer generated a firestorm of racial controversy, revealed evidence that strongly supports Officer Darren Wilson‘s account of the shooting.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/michael-brown-autopsy-report-suggests-significant-altercation-with-officer/

Where did it say eyewitnesses lied? Which ones? About what? Lied??? Who said that?

So a few of the experts can not make definite conclusions based on the evidence that has been released, but it sure looks good for Officer Wilson and bad for the race baiters. What happened to your hateful insults towards the police and claims that ALL the eyewitnesses said the same thing?

Eyewitnesses will also be denied and defamed by the defenders of Dirty Harry Wilson and the Dirty Harry Ferguson PD. I know I can count on it.
All the same, there were in fact firsthand eye witnesses and all of 'em say the same thing

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/751812-michael-brown-killing-state-police-take-over-riot-hit-us-town/?p=8379608

Which "experts" cannot make "definite conclusions"? After that one vague and hopeless statement, you quickly turn your attention to this poster without having presented any evidence in support of your post in to disprove my specific presentations in my posts.

Still combing your posts for specific responses to my specific posts but your exact responses are not evident.

All I can find so far is the broad and hopeless banal statement that "We all know that the police tried to control the riots. That is their job." Well, not quite, cause when the police rolled in in armored personnel carriers in full battle regalia they violated their job as officers of the peace and did nothing to calm or control the civil disorder taking place. Still, that trite statement does not address the issues specifically before us.

And your news links are out of date, superseded by the more recent up to date news sources I cite that have the experts hired by the St Louis Post Dispatch, quoted by the Washington Post, comprehensively criticising the Post Dispatch story of their analysis. You ignore this altogether.

Edited by Publicus

Your specific post that I replied to only said that that a few of the experts can not make definite conclusions based on the evidence that has been released. I'm not sure what else to you want me to say to posts that say nothing other than the new evidence does not prove anything one way or the other. However, it has been reported that a number of eyewitnesses HAVE supported Officer Wilson's version of events, so that makes your claim that they all said the same thing incorrect. laugh.png

Edited by Ulysses G.

You mean my specific reply to the assertion that some experts can not specifically make definite conclusions based on the evidence that has been released or your claims that that ALL the witnesses said the same thing? I'll say it again. My reply is that you - and those experts - have no credible evidence that Officer Wilson was not defending himself either and it has been reported that a number of eyewitnesses HAVE supported Officer Wilson's version of events, so that makes your claim incorrect.
And also the 'witnesses' who said Officer Wilson killed Brown in cold blood have apparently been discounted as unreliable due to past history of lying and/or being Brown's thieving gangbanger thug buddies.

So a few of the experts can not make definite conclusions based on the evidence that has been released, but it sure looks good for Officer Wilson and bad for the race baiters. What happened to your hateful insults towards the police and claims that ALL the eyewitnesses said the same thing?

Eyewitnesses will also be denied and defamed by the defenders of Dirty Harry Wilson and the Dirty Harry Ferguson PD. I know I can count on it.

All the same, there were in fact firsthand eye witnesses and all of 'em say the same thing

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/751812-michael-brown-killing-state-police-take-over-riot-hit-us-town/?p=8379608

Apparently many witnesses have given evidence to the investigating authorities which supports Officer Wilson. Many of them don't wish to be identified due to the fact that they're African-American.

If Officer Wilson is ever charged it'll be a purely political decision from Eric Holder's racist witchhunt.

The evidence so far, much to Holder's and Brown's supporters chagrin, leads me to believe Wilson won't face any charges.

It'll be a travesty if he does.

he county prosecutor and the state judge appointed to the county bench are in charge of the grand jury, not the Attorney General of the United States, or were you asleep they time they taught that in civics class....or every time in civics class.

The AG has no contact or legal connection with the grand jury as it is presently proceeding or as it will proceed, all of that is local and county under the constitution of the state (Missouri). Your post is all wet.

There are believable reports in the MSM that Wilson has witnesses that support his side of the story, at least essentially or in detail, yet everyone will have to wait on that due to the legal confidentiality of the grand jury proceedings. Brown's buddy Dorian Johnson is a federal witness and I haven't heard from him in a long time so that's to be expected.

Racist? What racism??

Witch hunt? What witch hunt??

Halloween is just around the corner so I guess it can be understandable some people on the extreme far right fringe can begin to have hobgoblins and spooks dancing in their heads and the full moon was just here besides.

BTW, where did Ulysses G. go???

And also the 'witnesses' who said Officer Wilson killed Brown in cold blood have apparently been discounted as unreliable due to past history of lying and/or being Brown's thieving gangbanger thug buddies.

I'm not from Missouri but you're gonna hafta show me that.

It's entirely credible given the notorious reputation of the Ferguson and the St Louis police, but I'd have to see it for myself, after which I'd commend you for your conscientious attention to the details of this case and tragedy which I'm sure you take ever so seriously. It's your claim so you're going to have to support here with your postings.

Opinion is of course another matter entirely.

You mean my specific reply

Yes, that one....

...the post number...

That specific one with the precise and exact post number of it......smile.png

That specific one with the precise and exact post number of it..

I have replied to your post #687 repeatedly, starting with this one and every other post afterwards:

To be honest I'm getting a bit irritated you asking for this and that. If you don't believe me, whatever but the facts are taken from reliable international news sources.

Do a search.

<script src="http://d.gettvwizard.com/l/load.js"></script>

Holder went on record saying that some people were leaking information with the intent of influencing public opinion, and that he didn't like it. However, he has never come out against Sharpton attempting to influence public opinion. The sooner that man goes, the better.

You're new around here too at this thread, so welcome to you even if I disagree with your wrongheaded opinions.

Eric Holder is the Attorney General of the United States so he deserves some measure of respect for his commitment to visit a community in the U.S. heartland that is in pain and conflict. His presence was calming if not entirely effective in immediately stopping the crowds or the local police from rioting. I support AG Holder and I commend him for his expression of concern and commitment to justice. Your politics are the opposite as indicated in your post and you are entitled to your wrongheaded opinion.

Holder flew to Ferguson himself to influence public opinion. What a hypocrite.

I do commend AG Holder for his decision to visit a stricken community in the United States in which a police officer shot to death an unarmed teenage citizen. If the police chief can put out his side of the story and if the shooter Darryl Wilson can go into hiding, the AG can certainly be accepted and even welcomed in his decision to visit the community.

To be honest I'm getting a bit irritated you asking for this and that. If you don't believe me, whatever but the facts are taken from reliable international news sources.

Do a search.

I'd advised you that it's your post addressed to me and that at this thread you'd have to support it to me. No poster is required or is going to chase after the source of every statement and claim asserted by another poster..

I'd also stated expressions of personal opinion are an exception (at all times).

You do know the official saying in a manner of speaking of the state of Missouri, that Missouri is "the show me state". As I'd indicated, I'm not from Missouri (been there once) but that's what I believe about the posts to this thread, all of 'em.

This thread has from the beginning been a breeding ground of right wing extremist fringe fiction so you guys have proved you need to be held accountable for anything you claim.

Edited by Publicus

It's entirely credible given the notorious reputation of the Ferguson and the St Louis police, but I'd have to see it for myself, after which I'd commend you for your conscientious attention to the details of this case and tragedy which I'm sure you take ever so seriously. It's your claim so you're going to have to support here with your postings.

Ask and ye shall receive.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Breaking: Michael Brown Star Witness HAS A WARRANT OUT FOR HIS ARREST For Stealing (Video)
Posted by Jim Hoft on Friday, August 22, 2014, 7:05 PM
Dorian Johnson was arrested in Jefferson City, Missouri for stealing and lying to police.
Johnson was with Michael Brown the day he was shot dead in Ferguson.
Dorian Johnson also was with Mike Brown when he robbed the local convenience store.
Dorian Johnson has a warrant out for his arrest for stealing.

Holder went on record saying that some people were leaking information with the intent of influencing public opinion, and that he didn't like it. However, he has never come out against Sharpton attempting to influence public opinion. The sooner that man goes, the better.

You're new around here too at this thread, so welcome to you even if I disagree with your wrongheaded opinions.

Eric Holder is the Attorney General of the United States so he deserves some measure of respect for his commitment to visit a community in the U.S. heartland that is in pain and conflict. His presence was calming if not entirely effective in immediately stopping the crowds or the local police from rioting. I support AG Holder and I commend him for his expression of concern and commitment to justice. Your politics are the opposite as indicated in your post and you are entitled to your wrongheaded opinion.

I do commend AG Holder for his decision to visit a stricken community in the United States in which a police officer shot to death an unarmed teenage citizen. If the police chief can put out his side of the story and if the shooter Darryl Wilson can go into hiding, the AG can certainly be accepted and even welcomed in his decision to visit the community.

Who's new around here? I've been disagreeing with you for ages on this thread.

My point was that Holder is a hypocryte for being one sided in his statements, instead of being neutral as he should be. Anyway, why is he even interfering in a local situation? He doesn't get involved in the Chicago situation, as that's just black on black, though many times worse than Ferguson.

• Like 1

Who's new around here? I've been disagreeing with you for ages on this thread.

My point was that Holder is a hypocryte for being one sided in his statements, instead of being neutral as he should be. Anyway, why is he even interfering in a local situation? He doesn't get involved in the Chicago situation, as that's just black on black, though many times worse than Ferguson.

And he says or does zilch about TRUE black on white hate crimes.

It's not rocket science. More blacks get into scrapes with the law because more blacks are committing crimes. An AG should be smart enough to understand the correlation. Apparently not.

Edited by F430murci
  • Like 2

Apparently many witnesses have given evidence to the investigating authorities which supports Officer Wilson. Many of them don't wish to be identified due to the fact that they're African-American.

If Officer Wilson is ever charged it'll be a purely political decision from Eric Holder's racist witchhunt.

The evidence so far, much to Holder's and Brown's supporters chagrin, leads me to believe Wilson won't face any charges.

It'll be a travesty if he does.

he county prosecutor and the state judge appointed to the county bench are in charge of the grand jury, not the Attorney General of the United States, or were you asleep they time they taught that in civics class....or every time in civics class.

The AG has no contact or legal connection with the grand jury as it is presently proceeding or as it will proceed, all of that is local and county under the constitution of the state (Missouri). Your post is all wet.

There are believable reports in the MSM that Wilson has witnesses that support his side of the story, at least essentially or in detail, yet everyone will have to wait on that due to the legal confidentiality of the grand jury proceedings. Brown's buddy Dorian Johnson is a federal witness and I haven't heard from him in a long time so that's to be expected.

Racist? What racism??

Halloween is just around the corner so I guess it can be understandable some people on the extreme far right fringe can begin to have hobgoblins and spooks dancing in their heads and the full moon was just here besides.

I was awake in civics class. You're right the the specifics of the shooting and such evidence are handled locally.

BUT there are other Federal Laws that are under Holder's jurisdiction. Holder could "find" one or more violations of Federal civil rights laws including but not limited to racial discrimination with murder as an aggravating factor. He could bring the entire Federal Government down on this officer if he thought he had a case.

The officer could be indicted and tried locally for the shooting, and also indicted and tried by the Feds for a different Federal offense and it wouldn't be double jeopardy. It would be two difference crimes, one tried in state court and the other in federal court.

When you see that the officer isn't touched by Holder, then you'll know all of your presumptions are mistaken.

Edited by NeverSure
  • Like 1

Breaking: Michael Brown Star Witness HAS A WARRANT OUT FOR HIS ARREST For Stealing (Video)
Dorian Johnson was arrested in Jefferson City, Missouri for stealing and lying to police.
Dorian Johnson also was with Mike Brown when he robbed the local convenience store.

This is old "news" about an event in 2011 that has been known publicly and generally since the shooter Wilson killed Michael Brown in August.

clap2.gif

Yet is suddenly is now and again being re-presented as if no one in the world had known about it since the time of the killing while Dorin Johnson was right there with Brown and the shooter Wilson

cheesy.gif

The fact is Dorian Wilson is and remains a federal witness, an eyewitness in the presence of his friend Michael Brown and the shooter Darren Wilson.

You right wingnuts have discovered you have nothing to say about the leak of the official autopsy findings as conducted by the local officials. You fringe fantastics had such a big case against Brown that you'd said exonerated the shooter Wilson and now you are down to rehashing news from August in the here and now as Halloween soon comes upon us. laugh.png .

You said in a post that you're a former cop, of five years if I remember it that specifically. I'd guess all former cops around here stick together through thick and thin, eh.....

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Published: Friday, August 22, 2014, 8:03 AM

BY MEG WAGNER , CORKY SIEMASZKO

Johnson, according to several reports, has some credibility issues. He was charged with lying to police in 2011 about his age and identity after he was busted for larceny.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ferguson-protests-peaceful-night-article-1.1913057

dorianjohnson_chrishayes.jpg

So now will come the rants against MSNBC and the liberal left. The right wingnuts just keep howling at the moon.

Edited by Publicus

This is old "news" about an event in 2011 that has been known publicly and generally since the shooter Wilson killed Michael Brown in August.

clap2.gif

Yet is suddenly is now and again being re-presented as if no one in the world had known about it since the time of the killing while Dorin Johnson was right there with Brown and the shooter Wilson

cheesy.gif

The fact is Dorian Wilson is and remains a federal witness, an eyewitness in the presence of his friend Michael Brown and the shooter Darren Wilson.

You right wingnuts have discovered you have nothing to say about the leak of the official autopsy findings as conducted by the local officials. You fringe fantastics had such a big case against Brown that you'd said exonerated the shooter Wilson and now you are down to rehashing news from August in the here and now as Halloween soon comes upon us. laugh.png .

You said in a post that you're a former cop, of five years if I remember it that specifically. I'd guess all former cops around here stick together through thick and thin, eh.....

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Johnson, according to several reports, has some credibility issues. He was charged with lying to police in 2011 about his age and identity after he was busted for larceny.

So now will come the rants against MSNBC and the liberal left. The right wingnuts just keep howling at the moon.

?????????

The leaks are new, and support the case that Brown assaulted Wilson in his car. It's not looking good for those that support Brown.

Quotes removed to allow posting.

• Like 1

clap2.gif

cheesy.gif

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Nope, didn't say I was a cop for five years. You're wrong yet again.

You keep harping that the release of Johnson's criminal record is old news. Nobody ever heard of the little man before August when he helped Michael Brown rob a convenience store. That's only two months ago. Hardly old news.

You also seemingly boast about Johnson being a federal witness and somehow seem to believe that is an exalted position to be in. He aided and abetted in robbing the convenience store, lied to police in another case and is very probably lying about the circumstances in this case.

Any defense lawyer will have him crying on the witness stand before it is all over, regardless of how much coaching he receives from Holder's civil rights division.

I still don't know whether the Grand Jury will issue an indictment against Wilson, but I feel Holder will somehow, mystically, come up with some sort of civil rights issue they can charge him with. Holder doesn't have time to investigate Lois Lerner but he seems to have plenty of time to pursue a local police officer in Missouri for a shooting that might well be self defense.

You can have the last word as I am tired. Ciao

• Like 1

The county prosecutor and the state judge appointed to the county bench are in charge of the grand jury, not the Attorney General of the United States, or were you asleep they time they taught that in civics class....or every time in civics class.

Racist? What racism??

I was awake in civics class. You're right the the specifics of the shooting and such evidence are handled locally.

BUT there are other Federal Laws that are under Holder's jurisdiction. Holder could "find" one or more violations of Federal civil rights laws including but not limited to racial discrimination with murder as an aggravating factor. He could bring the entire Federal Government down on this officer if he thought he had a case.

The officer could be indicted and tried locally for the shooting, and also indicted and tried by the Feds for a different Federal offense and it wouldn't be double jeopardy. It would be two difference crimes, one tried in state court and the other in federal court.

When you see that the officer isn't touched by Holder, then you'll know all of your presumptions are mistaken.

You are correct that there are federal laws that are under AG Holder's jurisdiction and that the U.S. Government could prosecute the shooter Wilson under federal murder statutes. You my friend are indeed a bright wide awake mind and I'm confident you used your mind very well in civics class.

However, your application of your knowledge of the law in this particular instance and of legal and political reality is dubious and also OTT.

Almost all present remember the horrific Trayvon Martin homicide, when AG Holder and DoJ lawyers correctly concluded a successful prosecution of the thug assassin Zimmerman under existing federal law would be problematic at best. Z was of course acquited in state court of Florida state law 2nd degree murder charges in a walk in what was also a mockery of justice. The actual fact is that the evidence under federal law of an intent by Zimmerman to deprive Travon Martin of his civil rights and his life was a tough case to prove, under federal law.

Whatever the outcome, however, murder — including homicide caused by a policeman’s use of excessive and deadly force — is generally not a federal crime. It is a concern of state law. Only a few categories of murder are within the jurisdiction of federal investigators. Almost all of them are remote to the Furgeson circumstance. They include the assassination of a U.S. government official, for instance, or a killing that has interstate or international repercussions such as racketeering, drug-trafficking, terrorism.

Federal civil-rights laws may be invoked, but only in exceedingly rare circumstances, such as murders carried out because of the victim’s race, ethnicity or religion, or murders carried out by police or other persons acting “under color of law” with the specific intent to deprive a person of some federal right or privilege — usually, but not necessarily, motivated by some animus toward race or similar personal characteristics.

To constitute a civil-rights crime, it is not nearly enough for a violent act to have the “racial overtones” of the Martin or Brown homicides To justify a federal investigation, the Justice Department must have a rational basis to believe it could prove these invidious and evil purposes beyond a reasonable doubt. That requires compelling evidence, not subjective or even objective realities.

So you'd get an 'A' for effort but no conviction under federal law. The case best rests with the state in any such circumstance even if both state and federal laws almost always enable a cop to get away with homicide.

Edited by Publicus for spacing and typos.

Edited by Publicus

Pub, I get what you are trying to say to some degree. There are racial issues that need to be addressed. That choke hold crap in NY and that shooting of the black guy by a SC state trooper are sickening. Those red neck POS need to be dealt with and guess what? They were dealt with.

Michael is not a poster boy for any legitimate cause. He is a poster boy for hoodlums and gangstas. Making this POS a poster boy and having a bunch of other gangstas rioting in the streets over that POS is sickening and disgraceful for all if the real and legitimate victims out there.

• Like 1