Decent Tailor In Pattaya

BROWNY

I might need to get a suit made up on my next visit in August (mate is getting married in Samui).

I usually avoid the tailors as much as possible, (they are just a ###### nuisance :o )but has anyone used a tailor shop in Pattaya they can recommend ?

If so - how much did you pay and how long did it take to make the suit ? And was it worth the hassle ?

Cheers chaps

Ian

I might need to get a suit made up on my next visit in August (mate is getting married in Samui).

I usually avoid the tailors as much as possible, (they are just a ###### nuisance :o )but has anyone used a tailor shop in Pattaya they can recommend ?

If so - how much did you pay and how long did it take to make the suit ? And was it worth the hassle ?

Cheers chaps

Ian

Haven't had a suit made, but have had alterations/repairs done to various garments over time. Where I live (in South Pattaya) there must be 30+ tailor sweat-shops operating.

All those Indian Tailor Shops you see ? They don'y actually do the work. They take your order, then zip off to one of these Thai family-sweat-shops to get the work done. There is so much going on in my neighbourhood, that one enterprising Indian family opened a fabric shop on one corner.

All day I see a pretty steady stream of Indians going back and forth with newly made garments, and various Thais going to/from the fabric shop.

Now that I know what goes on, I wouldn't bother going to one of those Indian shops. I'll just go to one of the shops on my block and get it straight from the source.

I'll see if I can get an estimate on the price of having a suit done (jacket and trousers) and let you know.

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers chaps

Ian

Jack Fashion on Jomtien Beach Road.

Price about 3500 Bath.

Take some 1-3 days

Skipper

I think that all these Indian tailors put their turbans together and work out a minimum price for everything they sell.

Getting the best price from one tailor, and using that price as a guide to bettering it at the next tailor shop, rarely results in a cheaper price. They are all much the same.

My advice is to find a tailor who offers you a cold beer whilst you are deciding on the best material, or are waiting for a fitting.

Another piece of advice when ordering suits or trousers: Always insist on double stitching in the seat of the trousers.

• Like 1

Cheers chaps

Ian

Haven't had a suit made, but have had alterations/repairs done to various garments over time. Where I live (in South Pattaya) there must be 30+ tailor sweat-shops operating.

All those Indian Tailor Shops you see ? They don'y actually do the work. They take your order, then zip off to one of these Thai family-sweat-shops to get the work done. There is so much going on in my neighbourhood, that one enterprising Indian family opened a fabric shop on one corner.

All day I see a pretty steady stream of Indians going back and forth with newly made garments, and various Thais going to/from the fabric shop.

Now that I know what goes on, I wouldn't bother going to one of those Indian shops. I'll just go to one of the shops on my block and get it straight from the source.

I'll see if I can get an estimate on the price of having a suit done (jacket and trousers) and let you know.

:D so so true the pakies and indians are only the order takers thr thais the makers

not the best some times the indians dont take the size only on thre wrist and by the time they get to the makers its not there so you get 2 sizes to big one arm longer that the other

no get it made back home,, :D

get it made back home,, :o

thanks for the advice. already taken that option - decided the last thing i need on my holiday is worrying about an ill-fitting whistle.

cheers everyone, i'm over in 3 weeks time for my mates wedding (with a nice new pair of strides) :D I wonder if lime-green flip flops will match ? :D

Edited by BROWNY

Spoke to the mama from the shop next door. Basically, a jacket and trousers will be 2,800 baht. Add a shirt for 450 baht.

This is tailored to you of course. Assuming you came in the morning, you could have it the same day.

She started dragging out various samples of cloth for the jacket/trousers and shirt. I forgot to see if she has a catalogue of styles though. If you had a specific style/design, you could bring a picture with you of course.

If you can't find anything better let me know and I can give you directions.

Save you the hassle of bringing a suit with you and having to get it dry cleaned. (I did that once with one of the 2 suits I owned at the time. I now have 1 suit. The other was shrunk small enough to fit a kid :o )

Spoke to the mama from the shop next door. Basically, a jacket and trousers will be 2,800 baht. Add a shirt for 450 baht.

thanks for taking the time to find out for me Kerryd. Much appreciated.

I might take your advice and get one made up - i'm in Patty for a week anyway.

cheers

Go to Classic Tailor, near the Royal Palace, in from second road.

They have been in business for donkey's years and are very good.

They are not the same quality as the Bangladeshi's who stand outside their shops

wanting to shake your hand.

Naka.

May I recommend Mr Will who has a shop on Soi 6 on the left hand side if you are walking towards the beach. It is a family run Thai business and much recomended by members on other boards. I have brought a few suits there but forget the price I am afraid. I last visited there in June with a suit jacket that had a burn in the sleeve. He no longer had that material but went out to other shops to find a match which he managed to do. The cost I think was 4-500 baht for the new sleeve. I suppose he could do you a suite in a day but really he normally takes 2 or 3 at least with a couple of fittings. Last time I was there i noticed he was running up a batch of little tarten schoolgirl skirts which I thought might look very fetching on some of my holiday friends. :o Oh yes I think his brother is tourist police ( volunteer or paid I do not know ). All in all a nice chap and very helpful.

Richard

Hello.

I normally avaoid them like the plague, however on my last visit I went to A1 FASHION opposite BIG C half way between 1+2 road, same soi as silom sauna. I chose the guy because he was the only guy who didnt try to drag me in, he never spoke cockney to me either (which I find offencive) so I ordered 1 for 3000 bht inc shirt and tie. I dont know much about suits but I am happy with what I recieved.

Mona Pao Pow Fashion on 2nd Road (directly across from Mikes Mall (small one) - good lad for suits. Overly annoying at times - best to make an exit as soon as business concludes or he will keep sending for more lager. :o

thanks Brit. I have 3 or 4 good recommendations now - hope i get time for a holiday in between getting measured up !

• 1 year later...

I usually avoid the tailors as much as possible, (they are just a ###### nuisance :D )but has anyone used a tailor shop in Pattaya they can recommend ?

Cheers chaps

Ian

If you need good suit go to see new sanya's fashion on soi 3 right-n-side from the beach. these people are not force to people like other tailor are doing.sure you will have good suit.they have money back garenty. mam. :o

I usually avoid the tailors as much as possible, (they are just a ###### nuisance :D )but has anyone used a tailor shop in Pattaya they can recommend ?

Cheers chaps

Ian

If you need good suit go to see new sanya's fashion on soi 3 right-n-side from the beach. these people are not force to people like other tailor are doing.sure you will have good suit.they have money back garenty. mam. :o

This thread is 2 years old think he will be sorted by now....................

............buisness a bit quiet is it? :D:D

This thread is 2 years old think he will be sorted by now....................

............buisness a bit quiet is it? :D:D

I think we now have a resident expert in Tailoring on TV ! It's about time too ! We have experts in almost every other aspect of life in LoS, and now our very own Tailor.

Welcome to ThaiVisa Ravi !

(ps: ThaiVisa members love BIG discounts, on everything !) :D

Blimey Ravi - i only asked the original question 2 years ago ! :o

At least i am not forgotten !

But just for the record, i found a good tailor (Next Fashion) and am a regular customer there now.

But thanks anyway

Mr B.

I would like to try next Fashion. For a suite (jacket/ trousers) with good quality tissue for warm weather he says 6500 B.

Same price in Burda and Grovers shops.

What do you think about this prices, now?

Too expensive !

I pay him 3,500 baht for 1 suit (jacket & trousers)

They always start off trying to get a high price - but i am happy with the suits i get there anyway and he knows how much i expect to pay.

I will get another made in September - for 3,500 and no more !

Good luck - tell him i sent you !

Mr B

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

How much is Burda currently charging for mens suits and long sleeve shirts?

I would like to try next Fashion. For a suite (jacket/ trousers) with good quality tissue for warm weather he says 6500 B.

Same price in Burda and Grovers shops.

What do you think about this prices, now?

Too expensive !

I pay him 3,500 baht for 1 suit (jacket & trousers)

They always start off trying to get a high price - but i am happy with the suits i get there anyway and he knows how much i expect to pay.

I will get another made in September - for 3,500 and no more !

Good luck - tell him i sent you !

Mr B

I had a terrible experience with Next Fashion and will never go back. After I paid my deposit, they tried to move me along without any alterations. This was despite the fact that my suit and shirt didn't fit at all. Prices were cheap (3000 baht for a suit and 500 for a shirt), but still not worth the headache. I posted a review about my experience if anyone's interested.

Edited by Millard

This is tailored to you of course. Assuming you came in the morning, you could have it the same day.

She started dragging out various samples of cloth for the jacket/trousers and shirt. I forgot to see if she has a catalogue of styles though. If you had a specific style/design, you could bring a picture with you of course.

If you can't find anything better let me know and I can give you directions.

Save you the hassle of bringing a suit with you and having to get it dry cleaned. (I did that once with one of the 2 suits I owned at the time. I now have 1 suit. The other was shrunk small enough to fit a kid :) )

Kerryd where is/was this shop is it still there...???

• 1 month later...

Just used a tailor in Jomtien called xxxxxxxxxx. Do not touch these Indians. The promised quality- did not happen. I did not have time to check the trousers thoroughly as I was rushing to fly out. Quite honestly i have been done for an expensive pile of crap!

Previously I used a tailor Indian opposite the Areca Hotel on Soi Dianna Inn. in comparison to Versace this was far superior and cheaper. But quite honestly its pot luck as to which Thai back street sweat shop they take the order to and how much the greedy sods barter the one doing the work down to. As suggested it may be worthwhile checking out a few side streets for the sweat shops and going directly.

//Post edited. No naming and shaming on ThaiVisa -- thaiphoon

Edited by thaiphoon

Small wonder why most Thais do not like Indians!.Somebody once described Indians as good businessmen, Anyway I bought a few lengths of linen(not the mix,as it's impossible to iron)and took it to the proverbial sweat shop(nothing like,quite impressive really).Think it's 3rd road on left as you pass alongside of Tukcom on left side,and second shop on right.Tried to get them down to 450 Baht ,but they stuck to 500.Excellent results,good cut.I like linen its a cool material in hot weather

Good timely thread bump!

My lawyer had 5 suits and shirts made to measure at Michelles on Beach Road at Soi 12 & 13 (next to the TQ) a couple of years ago and was very impressed with their cut and cost. His job makes it hard on suits despite having a great Korean dry-cleaner in Houston but the suits have all held up better than anything costing 5 times as much in Houston.

Last week, he came back to town and brought all the pants for retailoring as he has lost 40 lbs since he had the above batch made. They recut all the pants and made him 2 new suits, 3 sports coats and 3 new shirts for 35,000 baht; placed order on Tuesday afternoon and with fittings on Tuesday and Wednesday night, the whole lot was ready for Thursday night as he flew out on the United 'red-eye' on Friday.

Michelles is hard to beat!