Pattaya To Control Jet Ski Operators

Rimmer

Pattaya To Control Jet Ski Operators

0162.jpg

PATTAYA – Recently- Mr.Sakchai Tang-Ho-chief district of Bang Lamung- said in a Pattaya business and tourism association conference which was held at the Grand Sole Hotel Pattaya that jet ski operators had exploited the customers by collecting a large amount of money for the so called repairs. Also they had been doing this for many years which had actually affected tourism in Pattaya.

Recently the tourism-sport bureau of Chonburi had ordered the marine department to solve this problem by making all operators to register with the marine department. Also the operators need to have insurance for each boat in order to cover any damage caused by tourists.

However jet skis are not covered with insurance because Thai law doesn’t allow this type of water craft. As a result of this, the operators weren’t able to insure their boats.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/pattaya-control-jet-ski-operators/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-08-15

They are legal for rental IF they are proprly registered in a company name.

What makes it illegal is that you MUST have a Thai license to drive them and none of the tourists have this. Just ban the damned things, 90% of the tourists hate them anyway so no bonus for Thailand to have them scaring away tourists from the beaches. I have never seen a jetski in Koh Cang and seems to work well.

I think they have to be registered as a water craft and as such a marine type liscence issued by the navy is required?

"However jet skis are not covered with insurance because Thai law doesn’t allow this type of water craft. As a result of this, the operators weren’t able to insure their boats."

They are illegal and therefore uninsurable, so why haven't all the jet skis been removed from every beach in Thailand ?

A firm approach would be to do so because, according to the law, they should not be there nor should "illegal" equipment be sold or imported.

Confiscate them all and scrap them without compensation.

I don't like jet skis or the antics I have seen perpetrated by their operators, I'm sure than not every single one of them is a crook but......................

• Like 1

They registered and got insurance last year. I know this because the deputy mayor was tasked to sort them out.

In fact, weekly inspections were said to be carried out.

You don't think he has any financial interest in the scammers continuing???

• Like 1

I actually witnessed them in action last weekend,,, Walking along beach road, right where it pretty much starts off walking street,, I saw a young Russian guy ride one in, and beach it where the operator indicated,, IMMEADIATLLY the operator starts yelling, pointing at, "damage",, within seconds is pulling out his phone, to show pics, (of course when brand new),,, I was about 30 ft away, standing on a balcony, acted like I was taking video, only holding my phone on the railing,,, got acousted by the

scammers buddies for taping it,,, They demanded to see my phone, I refused,, they continued several times,, threatened with, "give me your phone or you have big problem",,,, So you're attempting to rob me of my phone in BROAD DAYLIGHT, with people EVERYWHERE!?,,, F off,,, THEN the "beach police" arrive,,, I then did the same,,, I was then accousted by their buddies the, "beach police" for the SAME reason,,, demanded to see what I videoed, "REALLY?,,, I'm not allowed to video tape on the beach?",,

,AGAIN,, "delete,, or you have big problem",,, "REALLY?,,,, let's call the REAL police,, you know,, the ones with GUNS AND BADGES,,, I'll show THEM my video,, You want

that?",,,, of course not,,,, "Oh you have big problem with police here now",, So you're threatening me?,,, he finally just walked off,,,

I personally have had that exact thing happen. Nothing can be done when the powers that be are involved.
  • Like 1

They registered and got insurance last year. I know this because the deputy mayor was tasked to sort them out.

In fact, weekly inspections were said to be carried out.

You don't think he has any financial interest in the scammers continuing???

Are you suggesting the OP by Rimmer quoting Full story:http://www.pattayada...-ski-operators/ is untrue?

I actually witnessed them in action last weekend,,, Walking along beach road, right where it pretty much starts off walking street,, I saw a young Russian guy ride one in, and beach it where the operator indicated,, IMMEADIATLLY the operator starts yelling, pointing at, "damage",, within seconds is pulling out his phone, to show pics, (of course when brand new),,, I was about 30 ft away, standing on a balcony, acted like I was taking video, only holding my phone on the railing,,, got acousted by the

scammers buddies for taping it,,, They demanded to see my phone, I refused,, they continued several times,, threatened with, "give me your phone or you have big problem",,,, So you're attempting to rob me of my phone in BROAD DAYLIGHT, with people EVERYWHERE!?,,, F off,,, THEN the "beach police" arrive,,, I then did the same,,, I was then accousted by their buddies the, "beach police" for the SAME reason,,, demanded to see what I videoed, "REALLY?,,, I'm not allowed to video tape on the beach?",,

,AGAIN,, "delete,, or you have big problem",,, "REALLY?,,,, let's call the REAL police,, you know,, the ones with GUNS AND BADGES,,, I'll show THEM my video,, You want

that?",,,, of course not,,,, "Oh you have big problem with police here now",, So you're threatening me?,,, he finally just walked off,,,

exactly, there is a very close relationship between those beach police and the scammers that we cant mention here

Edited by slygeeza
  • Like 1