Wc All-star Squad

Sing_Sling

GOALKEEPERS: Gianluigi Buffon (Italy), Jens Lehmann (Germany), Ricardo (Portugal).

DEFENDERS: Roberto Ayala (Argentina), John Terry (England), Lilian Thuram (France), Philipp Lahm (Germany), Fabio Cannavaro (Italy), Gianluca Zambrotta (Italy), Ricardo Carvalho (Portugal).

MIDFIELDERS: Ze Roberto (Brazil), Patrick Vieira (France), Zinedine Zidane (France), Michael Ballack (Germany), Andrea Pirlo (Italy), Gennaro Gattuso (Italy), Luis Figo (Portugal), Maniche (Portugal).

STRIKERS: Hernan Crespo (Argentina), Thierry Henry (France), Miroslav Klose (Germany), Francesco Totti (Italy), Luca Toni (Italy).

One England and one Brazil player - - - pretty much sums up the hype and ensuing disappointment of these two teams for me.

I was really looking forward to Gerrard and Lampard spicing up the comp by running at the defense and cracking shots from 20 yards, Joe Cole speeding down the side and tricking opponents . . . like in the EPL, which I watch every week-end.

Wanted to see the samba-kings all in one team, showing us the much-vaunted skills and passion they bring to the game . . . but they not only failed miserably in that department, their striking trio of Ronaldo, Adriano and Whoeverano would have been silenced by Wigan . . .

Edited by Sing_Sling

From what I've seen my all-star World Cup team would be:

..........................Buffon..............................

Zambrotta......Cannavaro......Ayala......Lahm

Pirlo.........Zidane..........Frings............Ribery

...............Klose............Henry.....................

From what I've seen my all-star World Cup team would be:

..........................Buffon..............................

Zambrotta......Cannavaro......Ayala......Lahm

Pirlo.........Zidane..........Frings............Ribery

...............Klose............Henry.....................

I'd agree to a man - have to find a place for Gattusso and Viera, though.

How about comparing this line-up to the one you might have had just before the World Cup? Quite different . . . I'd definitely have had Ronaldinho and Ballack, Gerrard and Robben, Rooney and Messi . . .

What..............only 5 chelsea players. :o

Steady on there Lamps, hold your horses (no pun sing-sling) you can talk about Chelsea when this forum to changes over in a bit. Until then, no more Chelsea chatter, capiche :D

I'd agree with most of your line up sing_sling. I also think that Japanese keeper was worthy of a mention. Especially if you look at how many shots he had to cope with.

Good point, Mr Bojangles. I guess it's easy to look good if you have an excellent defensive line and only have to save a few shots instead of being bombarded game after game.

(Both Ferdinand and Terry are overrated)

Good point, Mr Bojangles. I guess it's easy to look good if you have an excellent defensive line and only have to save a few shots instead of being bombarded game after game.

Absolutely, I'm a Man City fan and you should see how many shots David James has to put up with :o:D

I agree about Ferdinand (and no Red, that's not becuase i'm a bitter) but in my view, Terry is pure 100% class and i hope he goes on to become captain of England. A very worthy player for that honour.

Absolutely, I'm a Man City fan and you should see how many shots David James has to put up with :o:D

I agree about Ferdinand (and no Red, that's not becuase i'm a bitter) but in my view, Terry is pure 100% class and i hope he goes on to become captain of England. A very worthy player for that honour.

Fair enough, but I think he also looks good because of the guys he has standing next to him . . . but then I think Robbie Keane is one of the best players in the EPL and most would disagree . . .or laugh!

Fella, I do not dis-agree with you one bit Premiership wise but, sorry, this WC, Rio was streets ahead. JT was <deleted>, Rio was not, simple as that.

Tell me I'm wrong, you can't.....!!!!!

redrus

Fella, I do not dis-agree with you one bit Premiership wise but, sorry, this WC, Rio was streets ahead. JT was <deleted>, Rio was not, simple as that.

Tell me I'm wrong, you can't.....!!!!!

redrus

I for one agree with you. I don't like Ferdinanand but I do like Terry. This World cup Terry made too many mistakes. But also you have to remember, that if a foreward makes 20 mistakes in a game, then scores the winning goal, he is fantastic. But if a full back make 20 superb tackles then makes a mistake which lead to a goal, then he is a <deleted>. People who like the particular player will only see the 20 tackles, people who don't like him will dwell on the one mistake. Draw your own conclusions. Unfortunately it doesn't work the other way round. Strikers are allowed to make mistakes.