Why do other yanks always defend the United States?

zierf1

Whenever I criticize the United States an American always comes out to defend our wonderful country. Their Patriot Shield instantly goes up and they start defending the United States no matter how wrong they know they are. We've heard the bitch shield, right? Well, their Patriot Shield goes up whenever I criticize anything about the United States. To them, I'm always wrong about America and America is a fantastic country with no faults whatsoever. Sigh... facepalm.gif

Good f'ing heavens. You must LIVE on ThaiVisa!

All I can say about the US and it's citizens is there is no longer any place to hide from the long dick of Uncle Sam. Witness the FBAR, FATCA and all the non-US bank compliance. They used to say "Love it or leave it" -- a big bumper sticker slogan from the 70's. Well, these days, you can leave, but you can't actually get away. With what the US has become, you'd have to be literally insane to love it.

Edited by noendtoit

You surprise me

Have many US friends who openly critisise their country.

We are all patriotic whichever country we come from but if we are honest we will be the first to complain about certain issues regarding our homelands.

Most critisism is surely aimed at governments not the people.

But...but....the people elect the government.....

• Like 2

Good f'ing heavens. You must LIVE on ThaiVisa!

Anything but ... it's called a Search Function.

Click the link ... simples ... thumbsup.gif

Yes we do elect our leaders, sometimes we regret our decisions. There are mechinisms in place to correct those mistakes.

I haves never failed to Vote nomatter where in the world I am. I believe in the system, it may not be perfect, but it is a system.

Another Proud American!

Wow, your hate for The British must have some deep roots. Did a Brit bang your girlfriend?

No. But a lot of you (not all) are meanies. It would actually be pretty hot if some Brit dude porked my gf. There we go again with another Anglo idea: that everyone should be monogamous.

You're cool though. I'm not exactly sure where you're from, however.

Edited by Fellini

Wow, your hate for The British must have some deep roots. Did a Brit bang your girlfriend?

No. But a lot of you (not all) are meanies. It would actually be pretty hot if some Brit dude porked my gf. There we go again with another Anglo idea: that everyone should be monogamous.

You're cool though. I'm not exactly sure where you're from, however.

I have no idea, the monogamy thing is certainly not British these days, just look at divorce rates and Jeremy Kyle on TV to get that flavour.

• Like 1

Naaaaaaaaah, perhaps he's one of those who manged to get a British passport and is now trying to change stuff..............sad.png

I am British, foo'. Just not one of those blue-eyed Protestant idiots who supports UKIP or would ever vote Conservative.

Your culture majorly sucks. Of course I want to change it, and appropriate the cool bits for myself (like classical liberalism, detective novels, and analytic philosophy).

Edited by Fellini

I have no idea, the monogamy thing is certainly not British these days, just look at divorce rates and Jeremy Kyle on TV to get that flavour.

Well, sure. I don't hate all Britons, and many of the stereotypes are certainly unfounded. But there are many more annoying reactionary types in the United States and Britain than there are in some other countries, and you can still meet some of them today.

Edited by Fellini

Naaaaaaaaah, perhaps he's one of those who manged to get a British passport and is now trying to change stuff..............sad.png

I am British, foo'. Just not one of those blue-eyed Protestant idiots who supports UKIP or would ever vote Conservative.

Your culture majorly sucks. Of course I want to change it, and appropriate the cool bits for myself (like classical liberalism, detective novels, and analytic philosophy).

naughty, us Brits NEVER use the word "sucks"....................So where are you from, you may be British but I think not of my ancestry chum..............whistling.gif

• Like 1

naughty, us Brits NEVER use the word "sucks"....................So where are you from, you may be British but I think not of my ancestry chum..............whistling.gif

He has a distinct Scandic ancestry, not exactly sure which part Trolls actually originate in, but somewhere there.

Question. Why do yanks have louder voices than any body else. It must be the way the good lord made their voice boxes. On an aircraft sitting at the front the yanks on the back row can be heard by all. Even as I speak in a busy Restsurent on Sukhumvit 4 Yankee girls are entertaining the masses with their inane gobble dee gook which is only underststandable to them. Think self opinionated is the word I am looking for. ????

He has a distinct Scandic ancestry, not exactly sure which part Trolls actually originate in, but somewhere there.

I think he is N.American. whistling.gif

Post removed, replies quoting post edited to remove quote.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

• Like 1

You surprise me

We are all patriotic whichever country we come from but if we are honest we will be the first to complain about certain issues regarding our homelands.

That's one of the country's advantages.

You surprise me

That's one of the country's advantages.

Governments are elected by the powers to be (multi corporations, arms dealers etc). People are 'sheeple' and manipulated by the powers to be, controlled media and all forms of juggling. Many nations are the same but it is blatently obvious in the case on the so called UNITED States of America. Havent met a yank, and I've met many and even lived there, that will ever admit they made a mistake when they voted the latest bafoon in. We Brits are exacly the same.

Anybody who defends their election system is either a fool or seriously mediarised

• Like 1

Question. Why do yanks have louder voices than any body else. It must be the way the good lord made their voice boxes. On an aircraft sitting at the front the yanks on the back row can be heard by all. Even as I speak in a busy Restsurent on Sukhumvit 4 Yankee girls are entertaining the masses with their inane gobble dee gook which is only underststandable to them. Think self opinionated is the word I am looking for.

Maybe its your hangover and they are actually whispering.