Who can import a car for me, or walk me through it?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Japan the second hand cars are very cheap, and there are some great cars for sale, but I wouldn't bother trying to import one as an individual.

Years ago in the UK there was a large grey market for imported second hand cars, due to the strict Japanese annual car test eqivalent to the MOT test in the UK.

Yes, The Shaken is a crippler.

What happens in other countries has zero relevance to Thailand so I don't even know why it is being discussed.

You do know dont you, that exactly what is being discussed here ref Jap , was possible a few years ago in Thailand.

If it was possible then why not now, wrong connections?

You could try Toll Global Forwarding in Bangkok. The are a big Australian company with offices in the US also. Jeff Cutmore. Email. <<< E-mail and phone numbers removed >>> Mention my name, Ken Devey from New Zealand. Good luck

I think your post has the most relevance for the OP.

I looked at the site and I'd guess off hand it has the greatest chance for success of any other suggestion I've read here.

What happens in other countries has zero relevance to Thailand so I don't even know why it is being discussed.

You do know dont you, that exactly what is being discussed here ref Jap , was possible a few years ago in Thailand.

Crack down on 2nd hand luxury cars that were being imported and declared far below value is what is more than likley.

What is certain is that a few years ago, yes, you could bring in your 2nd hand car. Sometimes it worked out well for some people, others it did not, and the car either remained in a boneyard until now, or just disappeared.

Then suddenly, all of the nearly new 2nd hand dealers went out of business quietly for the most part and nobody would even try and bring a 2nd hand car in.

You can try your luck with a CARNET DE PASSAGES EN DOUANE

http://www.aas.com.sg/?show=content&showview=8&val=138

This was the only way I could find to bring my vehicles into Thailand long term from Singapore. Maybe your countries Automobile Association also can issue one. In Singapore, it meant a S$50k bank guarantee per car for me per year. Not sure if I could re-new it, but it was not worth the cost for me to put up.

(Note: The Singapore AA has had no response from Thailand Customs wether this is acceptable but in practice advised it probably is, like I said, try your luck!)

Edited by jmccarty

I know someone who imported a new Shelby. It can be done if you have the dollar.

Read post #44. The OP's car isn't new.

and...

Jmccarty pointed out in post #44 already that a new car can be imported.

If you want to play parrot, up to you, I suggest you repeat it a few more times then.

This thread is about importing a second hand car, which is made clear already that it can't be done.

Since you are utterly clueless there is no point in responding to your preposterous comment "which is made clear that is can't be done" ha ha ha ha

I know someone who imported a new Shelby. It can be done if you have the dollar.

and...

If you want to play parrot, up to you, I suggest you repeat it a few more times then.

This thread is about importing a second hand car, which is made clear already that it can't be done.

You can import a secondhand car if you are prepared to throw enough money at it either legally or in brown envelopes under the table.

• Like 1

Because unlike Japan Thailand has no consistency or uniformity and goes with the official of the moment and that usually constitutes changes about every 6 months so that equals at least 6 rules changes over the last presumably 3 years or more per your post.

• Like 1

You could try Toll Global Forwarding in Bangkok. The are a big Australian company with offices in the US also. Jeff Cutmore. Email. <<< E-mail and phone numbers removed >>> Mention my name, Ken Devey from New Zealand. Good luck

I think your post has the most relevance for the OP.

I looked at the site and I'd guess off hand it has the greatest chance for success of any other suggestion I've read here.

Except, not trying at all...

and...

You can import a secondhand car if you are prepared to throw enough money at it either legally or in brown envelopes under the table.

Give that man a cigar

Now that is strange because in post #6 YOU say the following

Pretty sure you cannot even get import approval anymore (you need this before you load it).

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/752748-who-can-import-a-car-for-me-or-walk-me-through-it/?p=8261592

So now you can't even agree with yourself anymore.

Since you are utterly clueless there is no point in responding to your preposterous comment "which is made clear that is can't be done" ha ha ha ha

I don't see anywhere in this thread that anyone said it can be done.

So far you and jmccarty have said that a NEW car can be imported, but nobody so far has come forward and claimed that a SECOND HAND car can be imported, which is what the OP want to do.

Banzai has claimed that someone has imported a TR6, which is a completely different story, since it is an oldtimer for which there are totally different import rules.

It is clear that you were laughing with yourself when you made your previous post.

Edited by JesseFrank

Pretty sure you cannot even get import approval anymore (you need this before you load it).

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/752748-who-can-import-a-car-for-me-or-walk-me-through-it/?p=8261592

You know what I meant so stop twisting my words to suit your own agenda.

Post #6 is correct in that you cannot officially import a vehicle if the CURRENT rules/guidelines are followed, are you disputing that ?

IF you have coin and connections it still can be done, are you disputing that ?

The acid test here is for one - just one - person to post here that they imported a used car, the exact method used and the exact fees paid.

No friend of someone I met in a bar who said his friend......

Absent that, any "against" has majority and any "for" it is a meaningless ramble of invalid opinion.

Edited by Jangot

Post #6 is correct in that you cannot officially import a vehicle if the CURRENT rules/guidelines are followed, are you disputing that ?

Yes I am disputing that untill you deliver proof of one second hand car that was imported in the past 2 years.

And I'm not twisting your words. I posted the complete post as you have posted it.

Yes I am disputing that untill you deliver proof of one second hand car that was imported in the past 2 years.

And I'm not twisting your words. I posted the complete post as you have posted it.

img_3895_resize.jpg

Criteria for a Permanent Import of Used/Secondhand Vehicles :

An importer is eligible to import only ONE used/ secondhand vehicles for personal use.

In case where the importer is a nonresident, he/she is required to stay in Thailand for at least ONE year and present a non-immigrant visa issued by the Immigration Bureau, the National Police Office together with a work permit issued by the Ministry of Labor and Social Welfare at the time of importation.

In case where an importer is a Thai resident marrying a foreigner, he/she is required to present documentary evidence of marriage and proof of changing residence to Thailand. Also the importer has to own and possess the imported vehicle for at least one and a half year while staying abroad, from the date of transferring the ownership to the date of arrival into Thailand.

In case where an importer is a Thai resident, he/she is allowed to import a vehicle only when such vehicle is accompanied the owner on the change of residence and he/she has owned and possessed the imported vehicle together with the valid driving license for at least one and a half year while staying abroad.

http://www.customs.go.th/wps/wcm/connect/custen/individuals/importing+personal+vehicle/importingpersonalvehicle+

img_3895_resize.jpg

Spoonman, stop the BS, you and everyone on this forum know that the pictures are from temporary imports for race purposes.

Criteria for a Permanent Import of Used/Secondhand Vehicles :

An importer is eligible to import only ONE used/ secondhand vehicles for personal use.

In case where the importer is a nonresident, he/she is required to stay in Thailand for at least ONE year and present a non-immigrant visa issued by the Immigration Bureau, the National Police Office together with a work permit issued by the Ministry of Labor and Social Welfare at the time of importation.

In case where an importer is a Thai resident marrying a foreigner, he/she is required to present documentary evidence of marriage and proof of changing residence to Thailand. Also the importer has to own and possess the imported vehicle for at least one and a half year while staying abroad, from the date of transferring the ownership to the date of arrival into Thailand.

In case where an importer is a Thai resident, he/she is allowed to import a vehicle only when such vehicle is accompanied the owner on the change of residence and he/she has owned and possessed the imported vehicle together with the valid driving license for at least one and a half year while staying abroad.

http://www.customs.go.th/wps/wcm/connect/custen/individuals/importing+personal+vehicle/importingpersonalvehicle+

Thanks for letting us know how it works theoretically.

There is a post on this forum from a long time Thai member who tried to bring over the car he owned for several year while studying in the US.

Try to find his post, and you will discover that he didn't succeed.

• Like 1

Because unlike Japan Thailand has no consistency or uniformity and goes with the official of the moment and that usually constitutes changes about every 6 months so that equals at least 6 rules changes over the last presumably 3 years or more per your post.

Welcome to the land of, my fiefdom my rules.

I hear the General is on top of it, but wouldnt be rushing to import a top of the range car that will cost me 30 million baht at a showroon on Sri Nakarin Bkk.

img_3895_resize.jpg

Spoonman, stop the BS, you and everyone on this forum know that the pictures are from temporary imports for race purposes.

To the OP : And this one without stickers :

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/677853-chev-camaro-v8-left-steering-wheel/

Ask him how he imported his car.

Edited by Thorgal

img_3895_resize.jpg

And this one without stickers :

Did you notice that specific line in the post ?

is newcar (Registration red)

It has been made clear many times already that there is a way for new cars to be imported legally, but not so easy for used cars, and the latter is what this thread is about.

It is at this moment also still possible to import NEW motorbikes, but no used ones anymore.

Edited by JesseFrank

img_3895_resize.jpg

To the OP : And this one without stickers :

Damn! Though it's an auto that'd still be a hoot to go blasting down the 7 or on the toll roads with..

Fact is I've imported used motor vehicles. Put that in your pipe

Great. Enlighten us to the process?

What vehicles?

Anybody genuinely interested in importing a motor vehicle can PM me with make, model, year of vehicle, proof of ownership, copies of passport including photo and visa page and we can get started.