Three Thais arrested in Japan for reckless driving

webfact

JAPAN
Three Thais arrested in Japan for reckless driving

BANGKOK: -- Three Thais were arrested in Japan's Chiba prefecture last week after driving into two Japanese students, killing one and seriously injuring another.

Thai News Agency reported that the three were in the same car, which hit the high school students who were on bicycles.

The agency quoted a Japanese television news agency as reporting that initial investigation found that their alcohol level was higher than allowed by the law.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Three-Thais-arrested-in-Japan-for-reckless-driving-30241141.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-08-18

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The headline, should read. Drunk Thai driver, kills student!

Yes. this is the 2nd headline that fooled me today. I expected to read about 3 Thai who were driving "Need For Speed" style in Japan by racing recklessly through the streets. I guess the other possibility is that one was steering, one worked the gas and the other one worked the brake. It's amazing that The Nation decided to completely ignore the fact that 1 and possibly 2 student were killed.

• Like 2

Trust me, in Japan, it doesn't matter who their daddy is, his money there won't mean crap to the Japanese authorities. They can kiss their asses good bye.

that`s true, because they are so <deleted> rude and rasistic.

I'm interested to know how they can charge 3 for wreckless driving, when only one was at the wheel.

One can be charged for accompanying a drunken driver, but three can't be in possession of the wheel at the same time, unless they had a different agenda when driving. wink.png

Japan's drunk driving law states that the passengers are also responsible for allowing a drunken person to get behind the wheel.

A very good law, if I may add.

Did you actually read what I posted???

One (in English meaning one or many) can be charged for ACCOMPANYING a drunken driver - same laws apply in the US and the UK.

Yes, a good law, may I also add!

It is also both a passenger's and driver's responsibility to ensure seatbelts are worn. A driver can be charged if his passengers are not wearing seatbelts, as well as the passenger. Another good law that is never applied in Thailand, may I add?.......

Why did they arrest all three? Only one could have been driving the car.

According to the article, none of them is fessing up to being the one behind the wheel.

Another post said something about getting 8-10 years for reckless driving causing death / manslaughter. I would bet the real driver will get the worst punishment, so you can be sure the other two will be pointing their fingers at him soon. I wonder if the Japanese police do the 'finger pointing' pictures like they do here in Thailand.

Perhaps a punishment that fits the crime?

Amen! An eye for an eye.

I've stated numerous times that Thais who drive here better stay here (the majority), b/c if they venture out into a civilized society with rule of law they are in big "kimchi.

• Like 1

Hope they get more than a 500 baht fine and a slap on the wrist, which is what they might have expected in Thailand.

not only 500bath fine , in thailand you would have to go prison to, im 110% dont speak bullshit,

I reckon you have no idea what you are talking about. You must be Thai.

Go to prison, my hairy arse !!

Read about these 3 for starters..

Vorayudh Yoodvidhaya, Praewa Thapasadhin Na Aythaya, Kanpitak Pachimsawat

They've killed more than a few between them and not one of them has seen the inside of a jail cell

He's a billionaire from one of the most well connected families in Thailand... If this was any random that killed someone while drunk driving he would most certainly go to jail. Some of you thailand bashers are really deluded