3BB internet not working correctly

seajae

Is anyone else having problems with 3bb, I have been unable to access my email servers/websites hosted in the UK all day. I have phoned 3bb and they said that several people are having problems with european connections but they couldnt tell me what to do about it. I tried to access the same sites on my phone through my Dtac connection and had no problems, they were all available but 3bb are failing misserably. It was working last night but not today at all, I can access tv and all my other sites but not the ones in the UK. Does anyone have any knowledge about this at all, sorry if its not meant to be in this forum but I want to find out whats happening and I know a lot of UK people are in here, are there any problems in the UK or is it just really bad service from 3bb.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 3bb is working fine with 13mbs speed, I just did a speed test, and I've been watching both ITV and BBC programs today, with no problems.

Perhaps try resetting your modem, turn off and wait a minute and turn on... that could do it!

A few weeks ago, there were some line problems near my house which the came and sorted very quickly... so if no luck with modem, have them send someone out to check the line (s) Usually they are very efficient on service....! thumbsup.gif

I had some issues several times accessing the datacenter I use yesterday, only a route change by the datacenter got around this issue.

The problem was with TeliaSonera and some open peering point in Amsterdam. The datacenter changed the route on their AS network to avoid this particular point which solved the problem.

A traceroute showed that the signal ended at the TeliaSenora hop which connects to whichever open peering point it was.

I had similar issues with 3BB today. Seems to be improving slowly. If it is still slow tomorrow then VPN time. 3BB telephone support sucks big time. Their onsite technicians are awesome though. Funny enough this is the exact opposite of TRUE!

Yeah, connections breaking up sporadically all day. Using a VPN no breaks, but slow. Looks like their http proxy is acting up.

That makes sense. Tracerts show all sorts of timeouts through 3BB jumps then it slowly clears up. Sounds like a case of "have you tried turning it off the back on again?".

My 3bb is working fine with 13mbs speed, I just did a speed test, and I've been watching both ITV and BBC programs today, with no problems.

Perhaps try resetting your modem, turn off and wait a minute and turn on... that could do it!

A few weeks ago, there were some line problems near my house which the came and sorted very quickly... so if no luck with modem, have them send someone out to check the line (s) Usually they are very efficient on service....! thumbsup.gif

No problems with 3BB right now.

No problems with 3BB right now.

It's a touch random. I can visit 10 sites in England (for example) and 8 will load perfectly. 2 will refuse to load then load without css then load completely then not load again. There is nothing I can do bar VPNing. The suggestion that it is the 3BB proxy is a good one.

This one looks like it is going to take some time to work out. Mainly because 3BB's telephone support lacks any real knowledge but doesn't want to admit it. Sometimes you can prod them enough for an engineer to call you back and they will understand but this is NOT TRUE's support who escalate quickly and efficiently. Conversely 3BB send awesome technicians to your home who will move heaven and earth to sort out your problems (if they are local) whereas TRUE send somebody who will blame everything else whilst staring at a modem that is on fire.

Right, rant over.

USEFUL INFORMATION HERE

As stated by numerous people above you can circumvent this issue with a VPN. If you don't have a VPN and don't commonly need one it might seem a touch hard to set one up and subscribe just for this. My tip for today is the easy to use http://www.tunnelbear.com/

The offer 500Mb for free each month. This isn't much but if you need something vital and can't get through due to this present issue then this is an easy (and free) way round. You can even get an extra 1Gb by just tweeting using a button in the app. It isn't going to get any easier than that for a temporary workaround whilst 3BB flick random switches in the hope of finding the right one. Not sure about the value for money for purchasing with Tunnelbear as for a little more elsewhere you can get a VPN that will sit on your router allowing you to use it across your home network for one cost.

Disclaimer: No, I don't work for Tunnelbear or ANY other VPN.

Try this one.

rochenhost.co.uk/

This is one of the leading hosting companies in the UK providing services from a VERY high end data centre. Commonly this site loads as quick as any other.

The first time it timed out. Second attempt worked. (with 3BB)

Try this one.

rochenhost.co.uk/

This is one of the leading hosting companies in the UK providing services from a VERY high end data centre. Commonly this site loads as quick as any other.

The first time it timed out. Second attempt worked. (with 3BB)

Exactly. Try it another time and it will drop the css then it will work then it will time-out....randomly. This is happening to quite a large number of sites in the UK. This morning links from yahoo.co.uk (via outbrain...I think) weren't working....which, given the content on Yahoo!, is a good thing :)

Jim. Are you streaming from BBC iPlayer? No buffering problems? Or are you using a different service? Whenever I try to stream anything I always get severe buffering, and I am on the same 3BB package as you I think.

Edited by phetphet

Seemly all provider provide sub standard service a good % of the time, and charge you the full amount,

but as with most things like this, not enough complaints from the indigenous peoples to get anything improved.

And when a vast % are just using some form of social media that have no problems, why would they?

The bickering from a few farang just says to them on the other end, we complain to much.

So it is the 3BB international gateway that is causing problems. If it is still shaky tomorrow I'm going to call 3BB and get escalated. I can normally provide enough "noise" for the call center staff to put me through to somebody knowledgeable. If we all call up then they will probably take notice.

For those wondering why the local populace haven't complained there are a number of good reasons:

1) They're used to things not working and being fixed in "good time" so aren't going to complain so quickly

2) They're not using the international connection that much so aren't being affected by this issue as much as us

Jim. Are you streaming from BBC iPlayer? No buffering problems? Or are you using a different service? Whenever I try to stream anything I always get severe buffering, and I am on the same 3BB package as you I think.

Phet!

Several ways to access BBC and ITV and other stations in US, Canada and Australia .... PBS and even some Hula programs, I discovered last night..... thumbsup.gif (Mind you US PBS is mostly Brit programs anyway... repeated far too muchtongue.pngfacepalm.gif although I did not notice "Are you being served" perhaps Mrs Slocum's pussy ate the tape! biggrin.png

It's a long tedious process to figure what works and what does not! But I am surprised how well it does work....with Hola!.... I really don't see the point in buying a devise, other than it would save having the computer running...

TVplayer, is one way, of getting some channels, or even just usiing Hola's drop down menu on an empty tab...here is a link to TV player ....http://tvplayer.com/

Very little or no buffering most days, it is a question of clicking the fox head or the flag on top of Firefox page... Even direct to live programing, I just watched BBC Morning Show, live... but other direct live programs have been working OK too.... it's the time differences that buggers things a bit.... for live TV..... I just watched on my laptop, using Wifi, too.... speed test on wifi today was 13.37wink.png

Iplayers are good as you can watch anytime... and follow a series of programs in a row...thumbsup.gif

The one thing you guys need to do is clear your computer's Cache .... not doing so can bog things down! (could this be the reason some are slowing down???)

I will send you a PM Phet Phet of someone on Samui that is selling new IPTV system at quite a reasonable cost with English and Thai programs.... a friend uses it and seems very happy.... thumbsup.gif

Grrrrrrrrr

Google-Chrome-No-data-received.png

oh some of you guys are having problems,w00t.gif

I just got in there right away, as I did with the other link someone posted.... weird! facepalm.gif

I just pulled that image from google, im randomly getting that error, no big hassle, usually works on the 2nd or 3rd go

I have had problems for the last two days with 3BB in Bangkok.

It is purely International traffic (UK for me) and when I do a Traceroute it seems to drop at the link with Singapore (flagtel.com)

If I do manage to connect it will drop after 10-15 mins then not re-connect.

With my AIS and TRUE air card I have no problems.

I hope they fix it soon.