3BB internet not working correctly

seajae

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

i have finally changed to 3BB from TOT here in Jomtien , and last week the speed to Europe was very good. But the last 24 hours been a night mare , speed dropping down to 300 kb/s, almost like TOT used to be like.

Anyone else having problems with 3BB speed ?

Yeah whatever. So far so good with TRUE and me, and if they mess up they'll be out as fast as they came in.

I am expecting true shares to drop like a stone on that statement.

Welcome to Thailand,... business as usual

It's back to "normal" again now, just a few days or hours, especially after midnight the speed suddenly drops to 2-300 kb/s to European servers. Maybe I'm not the only one in the area downloading and watching streams at night.....

• 1 month later...

Have used 3bb for about 6 months now and has worked well. I live near Sukhumvit in Pattaya.

About 4 days ago internet service became very bad alternating between slow and stopped. Down load speed usually less than 1mbs and upload not working or about .02mbs. I pay for 13 mbs service.

I have been calling their service department for 3 days and they say they will call back but they never call. Anyone else having these problems.

On the rare occasions when I have called them they have always called back (in English) within a few minutes, and they have always sorted the problem out within 24 hours.

Your current problem may be due to the wet weather.

I has now been 6 days that I have been calling 3bb about my internet problem, and every day they say someone will call me back.

No one has called back.

I have been calling the 1530 phone number, which I think is in Bangkok. Yesterday they forwarded me to the local technical site. There, they told me that the technician had checked my building and found that the speed was Below Normal. No other information like when or if they would do something to correct the problem.

I asked if I had to pay for the days that my service was bad. They said "yes".

I am getting pretty frustrated with their lack of service.

I called the 1530 number yesterday afternoon about a problem with my internet. The girl asked me to switch off my router for 15 mins, and said someone would test the line and call me back shortly.

Sure enough, in under 5 mins someone called, said there was noise on the line, and that a technician would come. I asked when? (Bearing in mind it was a Saturday). She said "Today. Certainly no later than tomorrow". He will call you before coming"

He called 11:30 this morning, and was there 5 mins later. Pleasantly surprised, as I didn't think they worked Sundays.

I called the 1530 number yesterday afternoon about a problem with my internet. The girl asked me to switch off my router for 15 mins, and said someone would test the line and call me back shortly.

Sure enough, in under 5 mins someone called, said there was noise on the line, and that a technician would come. I asked when? (Bearing in mind it was a Saturday). She said "Today. Certainly no later than tomorrow". He will call you before coming"

He called 11:30 this morning, and was there 5 mins later. Pleasantly surprised, as I didn't think they worked Sundays.

Where do you live?

Still no reply from 3bb. Last time I asked to be transferred to the local technician. When they answered, I asked if they speak english. They hung up on me.

I live in Koh Samui.

I think when I dialled 1530, it then asked me to press a number on my keypad for English, so that I was put through to an english speaking rep.

I also had a bit of a problem talking with the technician when he called for directions. Luckily I was with an english speaking Thai at the time.

It might help if you know a Thai and can get him/her to call, or speak to the rep on your behalf, and explain your situation.

Interestingly, I had a similar problem with a trying to direct a technician to my house the other day (His english was not good).

I got a Thai to give hime directions. I noticed afterwards that he had written the GPS co-ordinates to my house on the bill for his future reference.

I have checked and copied them, in case they might be of use for other visitors.

Edited by phetphet

After one week, the technician showed up at my condo. He changed some settings and got the speed up to normal.

He said if I had the problem again to reboot. I had done that several times before, with no improvement.This worked for about a day then the speed dropped down to .22 mbs (almost stopped), Rebooting did no good.

When I called this time they said that they checked the speed to my building and it was normal, so they did not call me. I would swear that earlier, the representative said the speed to my building was below normal. Since they installed the line to my room, I expect them to provide service to my room.

• 2 years later...

Dark side Pattaya FOC network went down Friday morning and has been down since. Technician came out Sat pm n said my modem n connection OK. Prob is the main line. Called several times n get the same platitudes with no information on how the technicians are getting on. Seems they don't talk to each other. Worse is the manager will not talk to a customer. I'll be switching service tomorrow!

13 minutes ago, maddermax said:

FOC network went down Friday morning and has been down since.

I think when this topic thread was started in 2014, ThaiVisa 3BB users were relying on static electricity generated by stone knives bear skins to get on the Internet.

You might consider opening a new thread as FO connections aren't the same as your neanderthal uncle's Internet.