3BB internet not working correctly

seajae

I always have timing out problems This should not happen with a decend service But then what choice do you have.

This is actually very bad since global companies will not choose Thailand if this problem presists I get this feeling that 3 bb is throttling

What they should be doing to attempting to offer much better international service and stop blaming the other side for their short commings.

If I was from an IT savy country there is not way I would set up a business based on internet access.

To you 3 BB if you really want to attract serious companies then offer a descend product

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, I am back on today, had no problems connecting to my UK/Scotland hosting company at all since this morning, 3bb have even phoned me to make sure I have connectivity again, really do have great service for a thai business. I was going to jump to the 13 mb plan as it is international but the service person that phoned me said they use the same servers so doesnt make any sense to upgrade.biggrin.png

Same problems here for several days now. Unavailable or very slow and bad connection to German DataCenters.

Tried it with several 3BB connections throught Pattaya. Everywhere the same.

Hotfix seems to be VPN as already stated.

I switched to 3BB about a month ago (it is a VDSL 30Mb/3Mb connection) and my mystery is that since then my Gmail freezes randomly in Chrome ..and freezes the whole desktop PC. I have no problem when I open my Gmail in IE8 or Firefox

There is nothing wrong with my PC as I am writing this reply after opening the link for this topic in TV and ...using Chrome : anybody has a suggestion?

Edited by fvw53

I just posted on Bangkokforum.com about this exact same thing, except it was with TRUE! I couldn't work for a whole week!!!

It was something about how True didn't update some DNS settings or something. Ughhhh (it happened last month also, twice in 2 months)

My earlier posts were related to my Pattaya home 3BB connection and it was still AWOL early this (Friday) morning. Currently connecting with the UK and EU sites from the hotel internet in Udon so either the plug has been put back in.... or these guys aren't using 3BB.

Probably just a 3bb problem. I have had 3 bb for 5 years now and i could report at least five problems every day. They have been out to "repair" it countless times, but it never gets any better.Unfortunately, in my neck of the woods, 3bb is my only opton.

I had unusual 3BB bad break up, crashes, service off for 3 wks on and off.

Finally reported it and with the one day delay I had, my guess is that we are not the only ones with troubles.

But guy came a day and a half after report, lady spoke fun English, and he said he fixed a broken wire... will wait and see but ok right now. Usually great free service at my home in Nakhon Pathom

Had the same problem with 3BB here in Korat, phoned them 3 days ago and they knew they had a problem and said they were working on it.

Used VPN also no problems, just a bit slow.

To our surprise we received a phone call from 3BB that they fixed most of the problems this morning but there were still some minor problems.

At least I can receive email again and open the webpages that I need.

It happens from time and it's even ridiculous to try to find why ! They don't know and will never know.

Just get a second connection, maybe TRUE or TOT and then you will be fine in case of problem with 3bb, this is the only smart reply that you will get as there is not other one possible.

I binned 3BB after endless visits by their technicians and lame excuses why their internet is so pathetic. They even got me to buy a new router from them cause they said that was the problem. New router same problem.

Im with True now and its flawless compared to 3BB.

I binned 3BB after endless visits by their technicians and lame excuses why their internet is so pathetic. They even got me to buy a new router from them cause they said that was the problem. New router same problem.

As is their customer service. Wait until you need a technician though.........

The technician I talked to after they fitted our True TV came 2 days later to fit the internet. I have his number and a good tip always goes a long way in Thailand. Your forgetting where you are my son.

The technician I talked to after they fitted our True TV came 2 days later to fit the internet. I have his number and a good tip always goes a long way in Thailand. Your forgetting where you are my son.

No. I'm really not. A technician not turning up or turning up without the right equipment or knowledge will not be fixed this way. Unfortunately I have enough knowledge to know when somebody just knows the checklist and not the subject.

Technicians who visit me tend to be happy to have somebody who can support them in resolving the problem. For me the TRUE technicians have been obstructive whereas 3BB dig in. The exact opposite to their call centres.

Yeah whatever. So far so good with TRUE and me, and if they mess up they'll be out as fast as they came in.

With such a fantastic shortlist of suppliers here you might want to be a touch "looser" with that statement or you'll be back to pigeon post quite quickly.

I'm on 3bb FFTx 50mbs/10 mbs and the past week for me has been pretty slow also. Both local and international websites take longer than usual to open and in same cases fail to open. I tried to contact 3BB and was unable to get through and when finally able to was on hold for 10 mins until I gave up.

Normally it works pretty near perfect and never had any issues with speed.

Yesterday my connection went down for about 6 hours. I called 3BB after 4 and they told me that it was a "power outage issue" in my local area. I didn't believe this in the slightest but when it came back the German server was connecting perfectly. Did anybody else experience long downtime yesterday?

3BB is now pounding their accounts receivable for money. It looks like they are in the market for an expensive equipment upgrade somewhere. JAS has always been reliable for me, even in the pre-broadband era, with Asia Telecom.

Did anybody else experience long downtime yesterday?

No downtime at all in Jomtien (that I noticed) but everything does seem to be working properly now.

Thanks. Probably was a local issue then. Whatever the deal they seem to have ironed out this issue...for now!

No downtime at all in Jomtien (that I noticed) but everything does seem to be working properly now.

Thanks. Probably was a local issue then. Whatever the deal they seem to have ironed out this issue...for now!

What area do you live in? I am in Nonthaburi and when I finally got thru to 3BB they said that MEA where working on some power lines yesterday and they might of broken some of 3BB lines in the process. I wasn't down for me but later in the evening it seemed to have better but will need to check again later today.

What area do you live in? I am in Nonthaburi and when I finally got thru to 3BB they said that MEA where working on some power lines yesterday and they might of broken some of 3BB lines in the process. I wasn't down for me but later in the evening it seemed to have better but will need to check again later today.

Probably not far from you. Pak Kret, near Muang Thong Thani. Maybe there was some truth in their story.

Looks like some of the problems are making a reappearance. Anybody else struggling with certain European based sites?

---EDIT---

They "seem" to have cleared up pretty quickly. Might just have been a local issue (didn't look like it but...). Bit "hair trigger" after the last couple of weeks ;)

Edited by draftvader

Down for 6 hours this morning due to electricity supply to their server in Pattaya area(according to phone call answer)

Yeah, noticed. Their PPP server was not responding, ATM status was fine.

After the coup there was talk about consolidating all traffic out from Thailand through on big brother proxy. The recent problems might have to do with that.