Executive Search Firm Contacts

Hello there, esteemed forum members! Am wondering if any of you out there can be so helpful as to provide me with some contacts at a few headhunters in Thailand or some advice/leads/suggestions.

In terms of my background, I've been working in product sourcing/procurement for international retailers over the past 5 years in Thailand, China (Shanghai), and Hong Kong at a progressively higher level each year. Was initially involved in the sourcing side, now have regional production and customer management responsibility. I lived in Thailand for almost 6 years and speak intermediate Thai, though our business is usually conducted in English. Early 30s with master degree.

Ideal job would be in sourcing/procurement or export management. Am always interested in new opportunities though, and would look into some interesting investments.

Have been contacted by a couple of headhunters in HK but they've been very focused on the particular assignments they have on-hand, none of which so far have been in Thailand. My network of friends here are in different industries (insurance, banking) so no leads there yet, though I'm still plugging away!

Any advice and help is greatly appreciated, thanks!!!!

Dear Crash 999 and forum members

I am also looking for the same information. I live in Thailand but am currently working in Jakarta, but would much prefer to work in Thailand or Hong Kong as I can fly back to Samui for the weekend. At the moment I fly back home every 2-3 weeks but it takes me 9 hours each way so only get 1 full day. I am an expert in programme and project management in various fields so it's easy to find work anywhere except Thailand!!

If know of any management recruitment/headhunters (yes, I know they are supposed to look for you but I keep retiring then get island fever and have to leave for a while) please advise.

Thanks in advance for any contacts

Disco

Any advice and help is greatly appreciated, thanks!!!!

Dear Crash

Based on your extensive experience, I could imagine that the headhunters here may have some use for you; try PriceWaterhouseCoopers, they have some recruitment division that contacted me a few times; KPMG also has some headhunter division.

Teaching at a university is not a bad short term thing; Bangkok U or ABAC with a few ahem, fringe benefits. Some contacts as well. You've got the degree and experience for that. Of course, massive drop in pay; maybe 70k a month or a bit more.

Alternatively, you could be another poor sap teaching engrish and grinding out a living on 20,000b a month at ECC. If you want to go that route, I suggest you spend as much time as you can on Stickman and ajarn.com type sites. You might want to start learning how to complain about every aspect of THailand, and how you cannot wait for the economy to tank here and how everyone would be bankrupt here if it wasn't for people like you bringing your massive salary to the bars of NEP. Speaking sense like this is not appropriate for that sort of career.

THe economy is not what it was before; can you not to an internal move or contact the factories you used to deal with here? As you are probably aware the high baht; cost of oil and current political situation are making life tougher.