Renew retirement visa at Jomtien

Has anyone recently renewed their retirement visa at Jomtien recently.

It's a renewal of an extension of stay. It is not a visa. And, yes, not understanding the difference has caused a lot of confusion in some threads.

Some people want to fear-monger about changes in policy or process. There have been no rumors of changes at Jomtien, despite the best efforts of some people to hint that there are. Some offices have had different policies in place for a long time.

One person has confused the need for photocopies from your bank passbook for three months, which has always been the case, with a requirement for seasoned money when using the combination method, which has never been required at Jomtien.

2. If you are using all or a portion of funds on deposit in a Thai Bank to qualify, you will
need:
a. Original Letter from your Thai Bank certifying your account and showing your balance
(the letter should be dated within the last 7 days – most Expats obtain the day before
applying).
b. Photocopy of your bank passbook Identity page showing name and account number
and all page(s) usually showing the last 3 months activity (it is recommended that you
update your passbook on the same day you get your bank letter so that both balances
will agree)

Above quote from Pattaya City Expats club.

Photocopies for the previous three months, which is also the period covered in the bank manager's letter, are expected. Nothing about seasoning.
Edited by Suradit69

Renewed my retirement visa yesterday at Jomtien -- Arrived at 0845 -- number 3 in list -- out at 0900 everything ok except I had photocopied one page of my bank book on the reverse side of the other -- must be sepatate pages but the very helpful police officer re photocopied that for me -- used combination method -- extra money in bank for just a few days -- no problems -- have to collect my passport today at 10am

Renewed my retirement visa yesterday at Jomtien -- Arrived at 0845 -- number 3 in list -- out at 0900 everything ok except I had photocopied one page of my bank book on the reverse side of the other -- must be sepatate pages but the very helpful police officer re photocopied that for me -- used combination method -- extra money in bank for just a few days -- no problems -- have to collect my passport today at 10am

How early (days) did you apply.?

As you came so early in the morning , how did you manage for the bank letter ? as banks not open so early , or do immigration allow the letter to be from before date of application , because they want to see the statement to be as on day himself, or not anymore ?

THX for your jomtien report as many confusions lately about different offices

There was a post today in another thread where the officer in Pattaya said the retirement extension could be renewed at the earliest two weeks before expiration.

M, Can you point to that post - can't find it.

Thanks

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/753605-Non-O-yearly-extension-application-window

It says non-O extension, so it could be either for marriage or for retirement.