Just cleared my 10 months overstay status ( Nongkhai border).

Where do you actually pay the overstay in Nong Khai? At the border departure booth? I have a Non B extension that was cancelled last week and am going to Laos tomorrow.

My last school cancelled it but it's only in the immigration data base, no cancellation stamp in my passport yet. Do I have to go to this immigration office 2km away that I've heard of? Can it be done on a Sunday? Or only Monday to Friday?

so much for their blacklisting plans. Immigration don't even follow their own rules.

August 29th has been set as the Final Crackdown so true to form any repeat offender is going to try to milk it to the last day.

But as Joe said the new law has not been passed yet but since Gen P. is now PM there shouldn't be much delay.

so much for their blacklisting plans. Immigration don't even follow their own rules.

August 29th has been set as the Final Crackdown so true to form any repeat offender is going to try to milk it to the last day.

But as Joe said the new law has not been passed yet but since Gen P. is now PM there shouldn't be much delay.

Where are people getting the 29th date from. That is only the date when the new police order goes into effect and part of that allows for 30 day extensions for exempt entries.

There has been no official announcement as to when the new overstay rules will start. The only thing has been said is that they are waiting for approval.

• Like 1

Overstays are normally paid at the bridge.

But since you still have an extension that is still shown as being valid they might send you back to the immigration office to have it canceled.

A visa run agent told me that could be "fixed" for 1500 at the border. Anyone had experience with this?