Seeking An Affordable Wired Retreat For A One-week Stay

adelwich

:o

Hi,

I contemplated posting this message in the "travel" forum, but my question is not really about travel. It's really about finding a good place to work productively.

As my ten week work-vacation in Thailand comes to an end, I am hoping to find a comfortable location where I can hide out for a week to write up my research and prepare my syllabi for next semester back in the US.

Ideally, I would like to find a nice hotel that offers an excellent deal for long-stay (7-10 day) packages. Flat rate high-speed Internet access is essential. I'm willing to pay a bit extra for the Internet access as long as I don't get taken to the cleaners. If the hotel itself does not have Internet access, I might be able to use my Hutch wireless broadband but the Hutch connection has been unstable and slow.

It would also be nice if the hotel and surrounding area encouraged some sort of relaxation. I'm not averse to a healthy nightlife nearby, but will spend most of my time holed up back in my room. I considered visiting Pattaya and trying to find a hotel that is away from the nightlife, but don't know if it is possible to find relaxing facilities in that region.

Lastly -- if it is not too picky -- a decent fitness center would be awesome.

Does anyone have suggestions about where I might seek out such a retreat? I've budgeted approximately 2000 baht per night on lodging, after the long-stay rate is factored in. I've considered going back to Chiang Mai for a week, but figure that I should probably seek out exposure to someplace new.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Aaron