Jury Service

ThaiPauly

I have just had mail retrieved from my flat in the UK (by a realtive) One letter says I am due to report for Jury service in 7 days! ( I have not been there myself for 8 months)

I have not been a UK resident for 3 years.. and in any case I am barred from flying for another 3 weeks owing to health problems.

Has anybody else experienced this..and if you have ..what did you do?

Regards

TP

I'm pretty sure a simple phone call will sort out your situation. If not, here are some amusing ways to get out of jury service....

When the Bailiff calls out "All rise!" stand up, click your heels, and shout "Ja wohl!"

Laugh like a loon whenever someone says "jurisprudence."

Inform the judge that the $10 a day stipend is insufficient, and you will be billing the court at your usual consultation rate.

After the judge is introduced, kneel and kiss his hand.

Repeatedly request a sidebar. No, you don't need to know what one is.

When they question the juror next to you, shout "I object!"

Bring your teddy bear, Mr. Cuddles, to the courtroom with you. When other people speak, say "Mr. Cuddles can't hear you!"

Whenever an attorney pauses to refer to his or her notes, shout "Amen!"

When questioned, persistently blame everything on freemasonry.

Dress Mr. Cuddles in a tiny John Birch Society T-shirt.

Make sure the judge knows all about that incident with the mud shark. Offer to show photos.

Spill coffee on yourself, then ask "Hey, does anybody here want to help me sue McDonalds?" Then laugh and say "Just kidding."

Address any female attorneys as "Foxy Mama."

Turn up to the court with a whole load of legal books, and ask "who are we going to find guilty today?"

Dear Sirs,

During my time in Thailand I have extensively studied the Thai court process and I would happily bring that experise to my jury service in the UK. Please forward me an appropriate sum of money and let me know whether you wish the defendant to be found guilty or innocent.

Yours totally corruptible,

Thaipauly

Dear Sirs,

During my time in Thailand I have extensively studied the Thai court process and I would happily bring that experise to my jury service in the UK. Please forward me an appropriate sum of money and let me know whether you wish the defendant to be found guilty or innocent.

Yours totally corruptible,

Thaipauly

:o:D:D

Just write them a letter asking to be excused....but do it.(on record)

I got called on one occasion for a real juicy one at the Old Baily(found out later) but was on my way to do something in the former Yugoslavia and the company got me a reprieve.

Actually now wish now that I had been on the jury.....

Never been called again since. :o