'Dek waen' motopunk makes his own 'drive-thru' 7-Eleven

webfact

That was cute and harmless. What's the big deal?

I thought he would have at least pulled up to the counter to buy something? It seemed he was a little worried about getting in trouble, and one lap was enough.

Keep it up. At least I had a chuckle.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have to confess, my first thought was: 'what an idiot, I would never have done anything as stupid as that'.

Then I had a rethink. I once borrowed my mates car, without his permission and drove it blind drunk through the Welsh countryside to drop off some slut I'd picked up in a bar.

And I wasn't young and stupid. At the time I was 34 years, a Sergeant in the British military with a very responsible job!

Maybe, with the hindsight of experience I too would cut him a bit slack.

But I do wish Thais would stop rides their motorcycles through markets!

A harmless prank. Really, some of you guys should watch 'American Graffiti'. I'd love to see some Thai kids do the trick with the cop car, a lamp post, and a length of chain.

Really you should learn the difference between fiction and reality.

Have to confess, my first thought was: 'what an idiot, I would never have done anything as stupid as that'.

Then I had a rethink. I once borrowed my mates car, without his permission and drove it blind drunk through the Welsh countryside to drop off some slut I'd picked up in a bar.

And I wasn't young and stupid. At the time I was 34 years, a Sergeant in the British military with a very responsible job!

Maybe, with the hindsight of experience I too would cut him a bit slack.

But I do wish Thais would stop rides their motorcycles through markets!

No you weren't young but at least you were 50% right.

The concept of 'we did worse when we were young' does not justify something that quite clearly presented the risk of injury to uninvolved persons doing their shopping.

It was a stupid thing to do but it reflects an attitude that is of far more concern than the actual act.

The so called 'dek waen' individual knew that nobody would either try to stop him or catch him - this is not rebellion or demonstration but just complete contempt for society , its laws, and it's so called protectors, the police.

I have been an outlaw biker for years and in many countries and broken many laws however we were always intelligent enough to understand the risks and the potential consequences and most of the activities excluded members of the general public.

We knew the laws we were breaking and respected the people who would try to stop us - that's why we thought long and hard before we did anything - this guy didn't think at all.

This little <deleted> didn't need to think because he already knew he would not get caught and that is a sad reflection on the society here in LOS.

Fat friend - dek waen are just boy racers with rich Mums and Dads , not motor cycle gangs.

A harmless prank. Really, some of you guys should watch 'American Graffiti'. I'd love to see some Thai kids do the trick with the cop car, a lamp post, and a length of chain.

Really you should learn the difference between fiction and reality.

Considering that the movie 'American Graffiti' was based upon George Lucas' own teenage experiences it would be rather arrogant of you to suggest that all events in the movie are fictional.

Edited by Jeremy50

fmd....ewes blokes must have had no fun growing up.

Well I never did anything as stupid as that, apart from polluting the place with CO, CO2, and other obnoxious gases etc, think of the risk if he had slipped over and petrol spilled all over the place.

"In what dark dystopia did accepting a good dare become a crime?"

It never has. However accepting a moronically stupid one that could have hurt others has always been such.

Well, sure, but it's a question of degree. No sense in throwing the book at a teenager for being a teenager. Having numbnuts spend a weekend on floor-mopping duty at the 7-11 seems roughly right to me. The staff can video him and he can be on youtube again!

Oh come on... not such a big deal and I did not hear anyone yelling at the kid. Just a prank and kids bid g kids. Though a bit on the dangerous side... but no more than jumping into water from a rock face or trying to cross the street anywhere in bkk. Kid was in control and again... kids will be kids. We all have been there.

My first reaction was that the kid was really bad. But then I remembered, LOL.

My friends and I did a prank that was a lot worse when we were about 16 or 17 and we got away without getting caught. I still laugh when I think about it so sometimes it's fun being a kid lacking the maturity to stop yourself at the moment.

555 I've done worse whats the fuss

The fuss - which is coming from like-minded people, who have been raised in a sane culture, more than likely similar to yours - is that we, as well as you, all know that we, and you, have done worse... yet this (more than likely) genetically defective spawn from a tryst between two lunatics, more than likely, does not.

There are so many contributing factors about this, including the event itself, which are so wrong on so many levels, and branch out into every other part of this lunatic society like a virus, that even my angst against this does not serve well enough!

Moreover, in consideration of my son, and to muse that he will grow and develop in an environment consisting of such genetically, cognitively defective and absurdly dangerous and threatening simian-like creatures gives me cause for concern.

It's not simply what we adults think about these little untended, out of control bastards, but more importantly how it affects the well-being and moral health and attitude of the younger ones who are in their peer group, and who are more directly influenced, cajoled and pressured into "going along with it".

What we "did" was done on a foundation built of moral and ethical integrity and gave us swift pause after the fact that what we "did" was not acceptable or appropriate. The adults in our lives ensured this once upon a time.

Not so here. The body develops and ages, but the mind is left behind to stagnate at a perpetual age of, say... maybe nine or ten years old... further decayed by drugs, alcohol, the nurturing of emotional reactive problem-solving skills without restriction or recompense, and so on ad-nausea.

Lunacy has no moral and ethical integrity.

That is the "fuss".

Edit: I truly dislike and am disgusted at those who encourage and nurture an increased amount of insane, dangerous and obscene behavior in those around them, in an effort to mitigate their own behavior, and give it a sense of normalcy or some kind of honorable shine.

Edited by cup-O-coffee
  • Like 2

I get mad enough when a motor bike is running up on a sidewalk and I want to kick the drivers bike over since he knows he does not belong there. I would without hesitation push this bike rider over in a store

What a foolish hair brained thing

Total Idiot

watI7zs.jpg

Thairath report the bike rider, 30 year-old Metas Srisuchat, handed himself into police today, apologising for what he'd done, saying he'd just done it for a laugh and to tease some of his colleagues who were working in the 7-11 store.
Police said they are meeting with representatives from the store but won't bring charges unless asked since no damage was done and none of the customers seemed overly alarmed by what happened.
The clip is actually a year old, from May 2013.

• Like 1

7-11 'Drive-Through' Motorcyclist Surrenders To Police
By Khaosod English

14090582181409058261l.jpg
A screenshot of a video showing Methat Srisuchat, 30, driving around aisles of a 7-11 store in August 2013.

14090582181409058300l.jpg
Methat Srisuchat, 30, met with Pol.Lt. Noppa Thongbo at Bangkok Yai Police Station to give his testimony, 26 August 2014.

BANGKOK — The 30-year-old man who was filmed driving his motorcycle into a 7-11 store surrendered himself to the police today after the video of his adventure went viral on the internet this week.

The video shows the man driving around aisles of a 7-11 store, much to the bewilderment of onlookers. Earlier this week, police made an announcement on Channel 3 describing the man's action as unlawful and urging him to report for criminal prosecution.

The motorcyclist, identified as Methat Srisuchat, 30, met with Pol.Lt. Noppa Thongbo at Bangkok Yai Police Station this afternoon to give his testimony.

Mr. Methat said the incident took place "in mid 2013" at a 7-11 store in Bangkok. According to Mr. Methat, he was dared by his friends to drive into the convenience store on his motorcycle.

"I was reckless," Mr. Methat told police.

The motorcyclist explained that the video was filmed by his friends for private viewing, but it appears that someone uploaded the clip on the internet few days ago.

"I came to see the officers to offer my apology," Mr. Methat said, "I did not have any ill intention. I didn't do it because I wanted to damage the store. I was just reckless."

Police say Mr. Methat has been charged with disrupting public order and violating traffic laws.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1409058218&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-08-27

Somehow, that area, it looks like it's near my home near Mantana Village Paknam Samut Prakan. There's a new 7-11 in this area. This 7-11 interior and the outer area looks so familiar to me.

Can anyone agree or confirm that? Thanks in advance

Take away his licencse, obviously he´s not in the mental shape to operate a motorised vehicle......too bad this doesn´t mean anything in LOS.

Good thing is (bad for him), now that he´s on youtube everyone can admire this guy´s glory forever.

Deg wean, I fkn h8 them, drving around with a death wish and dragging others into unnecessary accidents bah.gif

You think he has a real driving license?

Somehow, that area, it looks like it's near my home near Mantana Village Paknam Samut Prakan. There's a new 7-11 in this area. This 7-11 interior and the outer area looks so familiar to me.

Can anyone agree or confirm that? Thanks in advance

It was in Soi Charunsanitwong, Bangkok Yai, BKK.