who can sign my will?

hi guys,

i have just changed my will (australian living in Bangkok) and i need to have it witnessed so its a legal document (by 2 witnesses)

An Australian friend is coming in a few weeks and he can sign but can i just pick any other person (thai) and let them sign as the second witness?

i just want to make sure its legal...

Good luck with that. I was selling a property in Canada and needed a witness. Nobody was interested. Even my friendly bank manager declined, after checking with head office and being told not to sign. Eventually I put up an ad and got another Canadian to do it for 1,000 Baht (which made it illegal but <deleted>...).

Two non beneficiaries... And to make more official get an ink pad and post your and witnesses thumb prints next to signatures... Also note witness address and phone number on document for easy contact and finally a copy of their ID... And if your really worried about greedy relatives contesting the document you might get a health certificate dated just before the will signing... Over kill but never hurts...

Edited by sfokevin