GLO chairman promises lottery tickets will now be priced at 90-92 baht apiece

Lite Beer

8-27-2014-8-55-45-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Government Lottery Office will start distributing 45 million lottery tickets for September 16 draw to retailers, handicapped people and foundations allocated with lottery quotas tomorrow (Thursday) until Sunday.

Customs Department director-general Somchai Satjapong and chairman of the GLO said Wednesday that the 45 million lottery tickets would be stamped with blue seal and they will be available for sale to the public at 90 baht apiece or at most 92 baht.

The retailers, he said, will have a profit margin of 15-16 baht per ticket from their cost price of 74.40 baht which should be good enough.

The retailers will be required to show their ID cards, orange for those in Bangkok and green for those in upcountry provinces, to receive lottery tickets at the GLO.

Mr Somchai said that inspectors would be destpatched to the markets to see if any of these retailers have overpriced the lottery or not.

If they are caught to have sold lottery above the stated prices, their quatas will be forfeited and distributed to the other retailers, said the GLO chairman, adding that retailers who do not show up to receive the lottery at the GLO will also have their quotas forfeited.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/glo-chairman-promises-lottery-tickets-will-now-priced-90-92-baht-apiece/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=glo-chairman-promises-lottery-tickets-will-now-priced-90-92-baht-apiece

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-08-27

This has got to stop, absolutely ridiculous if it is 80 then its 80 baht. this guy wants sacking if it is his decision, there is ample rake off from the lottery takings to pay all a commission.

Potato crisps (LAY brand) marked on the packet at, example 30 baht. got 30 baht to give the shop keeper she said NO 40 baht because this is in the Udon Airport building---SO WHAT ?? Bali Hi pier Pattaya mini mart, 30 baht marked---sell at 40.

It should be illegal to do this whether it is lottery or goods.............another off topic but where the law is not applied when the police raid a place and grab 2 female prostitutes, as it is illegal in Thailand??. All these side winding things have to be seen to.

• Like 2

This has got to stop, absolutely ridiculous if it is 80 then its 80 baht. this guy wants sacking if it is his decision, there is ample rake off from the lottery takings to pay all a commission.

Potato crisps (LAY brand) marked on the packet at, example 30 baht. got 30 baht to give the shop keeper she said NO 40 baht because this is in the Udon Airport building---SO WHAT ?? Bali Hi pier Pattaya mini mart, 30 baht marked---sell at 40.

It should be illegal to do this whether it is lottery or goods.............another off topic but where the law is not applied when the police raid a place and grab 2 female prostitutes, as it is illegal in Thailand??. All these side winding things have to be seen to.

Go together with your thaifriends in a national park.

Then you know what a price range (spread) of 1000% is, ...... for the same good.

My Thai friends were clearly embarrassed.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1

TiT, that Mr Somchai, the Chairman of the GLO, cum Customs Dept. GM (How much is he earning per month, together, with extras? Not even asking how he can simultaneously do both jobs decently...) knows the official price is 80Baht, doesn't he? Or he should be sacked at once. And the NCPO has said that 80Baht it would be... But in an official statement he says he'll do his best, cin-cin, to get 90 to 92Baht!? And he should be sacked at once. Or will criminal syndicates of all kinds be further allowed to run the country instead of the Thai State? Can't even reign in the lottery or what? Where are the big, strong, new brooms promised in May!? Not sure the present mosquito bites on the elephant's skin will satisfy the justified expectations of the Thais supporting the 'coup'... It can't be that the NCPO does not realise where Thailand is heading to in the next few years when they allow themselves NOT to succeed, is it? Compared, 2006 was a 'walk in the park' that got 'a bit spoiled by the weather', but 2010 will IMO for sure look like a 'mild local shower' compared to the category 5 hurricane that might be building up by then...

The Thai state run lottery is b$%lshit from start to finish. As I am sure the winning numbers have already been decided before the tickets go to sale. I do prefer the UK and I am sure anywhere but here lottery style where you can go into a shop and choose your own numbers and it is all down by computers and they print out your lottery numbers. But I guess this would never happen as Thailand loves to waste money on pre-printed tickets and scamming people, just like going to immigration it can be a lottery on who says yes or no on your visa extenstions.

• Like 2

But they're stamped with a blue seal...what more do you want? thumbsup.gif

Go together with your thaifriends in a national park.

Then you know what a price range (spread) of 1000% is, ...... for the same good.

My Thai friends were clearly embarrassed.

Did that 30 years ago, 1 time -on principal never again. it makes me sick to think authorities can get away with double+ pricing. This Thai lottery is a scandal. 120 baht on an island, 90-92 baht in MOST PLACES, 80 baht on the ticket no wonder there are 10 sellers outside BKK Bank on lottery days. would these be some of the unemployed doing a job. ???

At last, an easy way to dispose of those useless two baht coins.

Pay them in Satang, it's legal tender, oh I forgot only in BigC Tesco 7-11.

Two ways to solve this issue, 1 print 90 bht on the tickets and sell them

at that price. 2 the GLO lowers the price it sells to distributors so the can

sell at 80 Bht, or even a 3rd way,STRICTLY enforce the law so they must

be sold at 80 bht.,there must be plenty profit in selling the tickets as a man

near us bought 3 shop houses and sells only lottery tickets out front,also

has a new Merc.

Does anyone know what happens to the unsold lottery tickets,say your a

small seller,you buy 1000 tickets,but only sell 800 by the cut off point ,do

you take the loss on the 200 tickets or can you return them and be reimbursed.

regards Worgeordie

The Thai state run lottery is b$%lshit from start to finish. As I am sure the winning numbers have already been decided before the tickets go to sale. I do prefer the UK and I am sure anywhere but here lottery style where you can go into a shop and choose your own numbers and it is all down by computers and they print out your lottery numbers. But I guess this would never happen as Thailand loves to waste money on pre-printed tickets and scamming people, just like going to immigration it can be a lottery on who says yes or no on your visa extenstions.

I'm pretty sure that the official Thai lottery remains in its present form because it is so easy for the underground lotteries to continue using the official numbers. Underground lotteries are run by "influential people" and the prizes are usually better than the official ones for the two and three numbers which are so popular.

6 different numbers from 1-49 only, like the UK lottery, doesn't fit with the lucky numbers concept they like to use here.

• 3 weeks later...

I was in Pak Chom, Loei today a group of lottery sellers put together with a uniform cop. I asked if the price was 80 Bath, or? no, 120 and poletimannen repeated in English .. wonder why it is so hard to press up lottery bills with for example 100 and selling for that price or cheaper