New Yorker In Thai Film Industry?

Hey everybody. Anynone know just how difficult it is for an American to get a job in the Thai film industry? I was talking to a producer at Living Films, but I'm not sure if it will work out, so I want some advice. I just finished school and I love to travel and so I am moving to Chiang Mai in October.

"Overthinking and overanalyzing separate the body from the mind, withering my intuition, leaving opportunity behind." -Maynard James Keenan

Edited by ksoze

As it looks like you have read the thread on the movie industry, I would brush up on your English grammar and do a TEFL course once you get to Thailand and teach English to pay the bills untill the big break comes in the film industry. Just like all the waiting staff in the US waiting for their break only a different industry for a different country.

For more information on teaching English look at the teaching forum here or go to ajarn.com

Is that to say that I can become a producer? I have money to invest in the film industry. I would much rather become a director, although I know that will be difficult in Thailand. I want to build a resume and network.

Hey everybody. Anynone know just how difficult it is for an American to get a job in the Thai film industry?

It's easy -- if you can play the farang foil/badguy in a kickboxing flick or the farang chick who gets killed off early in a ghost movie. I don't know if you've seen what passes for cinema in this country but there's a lot of room for improvement and if you want to produce I got a million ideas for scripts e.g.

• "Spicy Beautyqueen of Bangkok" meets "Buppah Rahtree"...
  • "Iron Ladies" meets "Buppah Rahtree"...
  • "Beautiful Boxer" meets "Buppah Rahtree"...
  • "I'm Lady" meets "Buppah Rahtree"...
  • Thai remake of "I Not Stupid" (meets "Buppah Rahtree")...
  • Adam Sandler is trapped on an island and falls in love with a coconut... (whoops, how'd this get in there?!)

PM me if you want to option one, 'K?

Cheers!