British family left devastated by death of son in Thailand

webfact

Family left devastated by death of son in Thailand

By Llanelli Star

By James Nicholas

LLANELLI (Wales): -- THE sudden death of a 21-year-old Llanelli man in Thailand has left his family and friends devastated.

An only child, Jack Davies had been out working and travelling in the south east Asia country for the past three years when he tragically passed away on Saturday, leaving his parents Christine and Jonathan Davies heartbroken.

In a brief statement they said: "He was a lovely boy and everybody loved him."

Jack, who was also known to friends as "Jay", had been working on Ko Phi Phi, the islands off the coast of Phukhet which are popular with backpackers.

The cause of his death is still being investigated and officials from the foreign office are supporting the family.

As word of Jack's death spread, friends took to social media in their droves to pay tribute to a "little legend" from Llanelli.

Amee Carroll posted on Jack's page: "The world has certainly lost a very special person, he will be sadly missed xxx."

Lucy Dixon wrote: "Not only have you left footprints in paradise, you've left footprints across everyone's heart. Sleep tight buddy RIP xxx."

Charis Lee said: "Still can't believe you are gone, what an amazing person.

Full story: http://www.llanellistar.co.uk/Family-left-devastated-death-son-Thailand/story-22831988-detail/story.html

-- LLANELLI STAR 2014-08-28

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Working doing what?

Just wondering.

Bar man probably.

Had a mate that did it in Phuket. Not everyone knows or cares as much as TV members about work permits

I asked the same question and some pleb jumped to the same assumption in the closed thread. Ever thought that what he was doing might be connected to what happened? There isnt much info. Very sad.

well, I don't want to make assumptions either but I have seen with my own eyes what a hard lifestyle "the scene" can be to a lot of these kids. Lots of late nights [every night, really] and lots of alcohol involved, and oftentimes drugs as well.

AGAIN, not saying this young man was doing those things, just stating the fact that a lot of young kids do.

• Like 1

Is it me or does anybody else read this as saying it was natural death by using the words passed away? What was the cause of death? If an investigation was in progress surely someone can answer that already. My sympathies for the chap but many unansered questions.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Working doing what?

Just wondering.

Bar man probably.

Had a mate that did it in Phuket. Not everyone knows or cares as much as TV members about work permits

I believe the Thai authorities and Thai people are also concerned, not only TV members.

Little known so far about how the young guy died, it is very sad.

R.I.P. Jack,

Far too young to die, whatever the circumstances. My thoughts are with his family left behind, may they too find peace and maybe a little comfort in the knowledge that their son died doing what he loved.sad.png.pagespeed.ce.5zxzyGiJz0.png

• Like 1

The only ones to suggest any bad of this young man are those who do not know him. However there are some here who do know him and only speak good of him. My condolences go out to his parents and family. I have been through their grief and for me time heals, i just hope this will be for them also. I am not a religious man, but may their god go with them.

Working doing what?

Just wondering.

I lived on Phangan for 6 high seasons, a lot of these gap year kids stay on at the local bars or restaurants, or if they are VERY lucky work as bartenders or DJ's........it's the same on Phi Phi, backpackers come through these places and think it's paradise [which it is] where they can also party and meet other young tourists so many want to stay if possible. The other favorite option since there are no real schools to teach at is scuba-diving lessons. They get their own license, then hook on with an operation which pays peanuts but offers a great lifestyle.

R.I.P. to a kid who was surely just out enjoying his life.

Sad story.

So they come to oPhangan on a gap year between school and college and just drop out.

There was nothing trashy in my reply. I read the article first and was amazed at your questions. He was an only child and that alone makes him special. Think about that for a second. Think how his parents would feel if they read your comments. This is why you are a special kind of special. I incedently don't watch the programme you mentioned as it attracts a special kind of audience.

• Like 1

What needs to be learned from this and other similar tragedies in Thailand is that in this place it is extremely easy to get oneself killed.

We all need to be reminded of this frequently, and the young guys and gals having fun need to be reminded more often than most.

• Like 2

One wonders whether you would be so condescending and self righteous Glegolo had the deceased been your child.

You must surely dine on battery acid, vinegar and lime juice on a daily basis to produce such vitriolic comments.

• Like 1

Working doing what?

Just wondering.

Bar man probably.

In deed, and by flaunting the law they bring the wreath of the authorities on the rest of us law

abiding farangs in this country...

If you're a law abiding farang, you've nothing to worry about aside your Victor Meldrew Appreciation Society subscription.

Not IF pal, I'm a law abiding foreigner and have been so for the last 27 years, but some of you have

missed the crux of my response, probably owing to the rush to judge impulse,

my response has nothing to do with the tragic death of the lad, I was commenting on the preceding posting:

"Bar man probably.

Had a mate that did it in Phuket. Not everyone knows or cares as much as TV members about work permits"

my comment was about people working with out WP and that TV members some how care more about WP than others,

learn to read and understand the comments s posted here before you jump the abuse gun...

• Like 1

Working doing what?
Just wondering.

Bar man probably.

Bang-on.
If everyone on TV put as much effort as they do into ridiculing Teachers/visa exempt runners/overstayers/Work permits and people living here under 50 from the One Foot In The Grave Brigade, we would be able to take onboard that a lot of people care for others .. However we know they dont give a damn . Its sickening Im afraid ..

RIP Jack

Edited by ScotBkk

Working doing what?

Just wondering.

Bar man probably.

In deed, and by flaunting the law they bring the wreath of the authorities on the rest of us law

abiding farangs in this country...

Wreath? The only thing clear about your post is that you might be a law abiding 'farang', but it's doubtful that you have any friends.

• Like 1