Does Britain have a jihadi problem?

webfact

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, the radicalisation of British Muslim youth is a problem; a problem which both the government and the Muslim community itself are trying to find ways of solving.

The prejudice and very real hate displayed by some posters in this, and any other topic which contains the words Muslim or Islam, is not going to solve the problem.

Neither are the distortions, half truths and downright lies they quote from their conspiracy sites and racist sources.

Attempts to engage in rational debate with them have failed and failed again. As can be seen, any attempt to do so is always met with accusations of being an apologist for murder, child rape etc.

I suggest that anyone who is not an Islamaphobe leave this topic for them to play with themselves in; it long ago stopped having anything to do with it's actual subject.

The Islamaphobes may very well now accuse me of copping out in some way; up to them. They are delusional in the extreme if they think that their opinion actually matters to me or anyone outside their little circle.

Be sure and catch the news on Brendan Tevlin before you go. Then maybe you could tell us where the prejudice & hate really lie.

'Bye now.

'Yes, the radicalisation of British Muslim youth is a problem; a problem which both the government and the Muslim community itself are trying to find ways of solving.

The prejudice and very real hate displayed by some posters in this, and any other topic which contains the words Muslim or Islam, is not going to solve the problem.'

There you go again 7x7 misrepresenting posters who come out with facts as hate and prejudice. Where do jihadist get their ideas from, well it's not Coronation st or the Bible now is it! Are you a mod? if not you are in no position to try and tell people to leave any thread. Do you agree closing down any mosque or School that teaches violence and that Jews and Christians are pigs and monkeys would be a good way to combat, what you call extremism, and what i call Islam? Will you please stop the pretence that anti Islamists hate Muslims.

As you know the term 'Muslim' does not talk to regions or ethnicity, Muslims are followers of the religion of Islam. Accordingly your claim in the last sentence contradicts those who categorical state that all Muslims are lying (many do so on this forum) when they disclaim the ideology of what is commonly described as 'salafism'. Therefore all Muslims are the same with no actual differentiation and all are deserving of vilification and condemnation.

Are you now saying the claims that all Muslims hold the same views is mis-information?

Edited by simple1

Maybe TV could introduce a " like and dislike " facility so posters can see how many people dislike what their opinions are - as well as how many do like what they have to say. Other Forums have both " thumbs up and thumbs down " facilities and I think this would have proved quite interesting on this particular thread. Just because you don't give some Posts a " like, " it doesn't necessarily mean that you do not dislike the alternative side of the discussion. This facility would have proved quite useful on this thread and would have been quite a powerful tool in determining how a much wider audience actually feels about this particular subject !

• Like 1

As you know the term 'Muslim' does not talk to regions or ethnicity, Muslims are followers of the religion of Islam. Accordingly your claim in the last sentence contradicts those who categorical state that all Muslims are lying (many do so on this forum) when they disclaim the ideology of what is commonly described as 'salafism'. Therefore all Muslims are the same with no actual differentiation and all are deserving of vilification and condemnation.

Are you now saying the claims that all Muslims hold the same views is mis-information?

What I am saying is instead of playing your hair splitting game, why not make some useful contributions to the thread..I understand your reluctance to comment on the life of and responsibility the Prophet has for Jihadism, but surely you have some ideas about how to combat it?

It has been suggested that any School or Mosque teaching from Saudi text books that Jews and Christians are Monkeys and pigs should be immediately closed down and that hate preachers ( preaching violence or division or portraying unbelievers as worse than a Muslim) should be banned, yes or no? Come on man speak up!

Edited by jacky54

'Yes, the radicalisation of British Muslim youth is a problem; a problem which both the government and the Muslim community itself are trying to find ways of solving.

The prejudice and very real hate displayed by some posters in this, and any other topic which contains the words Muslim or Islam, is not going to solve the problem.'

There you go again 7x7 misrepresenting posters who come out with facts as hate and prejudice. Where do jihadist get their ideas from, well it's not Coronation st or the Bible now is it! Are you a mod? if not you are in no position to try and tell people to leave any thread. Do you agree closing down any mosque or School that teaches violence and that Jews and Christians are pigs and monkeys would be a good way to combat, what you call extremism, and what i call Islam? Will you please stop the pretence that anti Islamists hate Muslims.

Claiming that ALL muslims hold the same view is indeed mis-information.

Salafi wahabi fundamentalism can not represent basic Islam.

Most people on TV don't even know this type of fundamentalism.

Started some 2 centuries ago and became more popular.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahhabi_movement

A small minority in your country of salafi wahabi means trouble.

The rest is moderated and acceptable as any other religion.

7x7 was right.

Edited by Thorgal

No ideas from you either then?

Islamic fundamentalism originates from a radical movement against Western colonial powers.

http://en.qantara.de/content/islamism-in-the-past-and-the-present-from-anti-colonialism-to-global-jihad

Not really wise from you if you want to exchange some ideas on this thread by starting flaming the religion.

Discussing anti-colonial issues till global Jihad in modern times goes far beyond pigs and monkeys.

Perhaps intellectualy too far you or not ?

Edited by Thorgal

Maybe TV could introduce a " like and dislike " facility so posters can see how many people dislike what their opinions are - as well as how many do like what they have to say. Other Forums have both " thumbs up and thumbs down " facilities and I think this would have proved quite interesting on this particular thread. Just because you don't give some Posts a " like, " it doesn't necessarily mean that you do not dislike the alternative side of the discussion. This facility would have proved quite useful on this thread and would have been quite a powerful tool in determining how a much wider audience actually feels about this particular subject !

I suggested that on the moderators' forum and was told it's too easily abused. In other words, if someone wanted to 'dislike' something, they could click the toggle multiple times (I guess?). Even so, I'd like to see two toggles: 'agree' and 'disagree.' 'Like' is too puerile. For example, if someone does research and posts a bunch of grizzly facts about beheadings, etc. How can anyone say they 'like' it (even if they agree it's pertinent)? Instead, they can express agreements (or appreciation) for the poster who posts pertinent info.
  • Like 2

I suggested that on the moderators' forum and was told it's too easily abused. In other words, if someone wanted to 'dislike' something, they could click the toggle multiple times (I guess?). Even so, I'd like to see two toggles: 'agree' and 'disagree.' 'Like' is too puerile. For example, if someone does research and posts a bunch of grizzly facts about beheadings, etc. How can anyone say they 'like' it (even if they agree it's pertinent)? Instead, they can express agreements (or appreciation) for the poster who posts pertinent info.

We had this before and the different cliques just gang up on the other side's posts. It really did not work.

If they don't cut his head off he might get a job on Aljazeera

I don't get this John Cantlie guy. He gets kidnapped in mid-2012, is shot and barely escapes with his life.

He then returns and is kidnapped again in late-2012. This also leads to the breakdown of the case against his original British-Jihadist abductors as he is unable to testify.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-24901481

In this video, he complains of being deserted by his government.blink.png

Islamic fundamentalism originates from a radical movement against Western colonial powers.

http://en.qantara.de/content/islamism-in-the-past-and-the-present-from-anti-colonialism-to-global-jihad

Not really wise from you if you want to exchange some ideas on this thread by starting flaming the religion.

Discussing anti-colonial issues till global Jihad in modern times goes far beyond pigs and monkeys.

I was asking about ideas for combating jihadists in the UK not yet more excuses for it. Islamic fundamentalism has it's origins in the Koran and the life of the prophet and nowhere else. To point out the calls for violence, hate and division by a religion is not 'flaming'.

• Like 1

Salafi wahabi fundamentalism can not represent basic Islam.Most people on TV don't even know this type of fundamentalism.

"Salafi wahabi'? Isn't it that nasty green paste you get in Japanese restaurants? wink.png

No, that's wasabi.

Japanese samurai loyalty is similar to those of random IS fighters.

• Like 1

What I am saying is instead of playing your hair splitting game, why not make some useful contributions to the thread..I understand your reluctance to comment on the life of and responsibility the Prophet has for Jihadism, but surely you have some ideas about how to combat it?

It has been suggested that any School or Mosque teaching from Saudi text books that Jews and Christians are Monkeys and pigs should be immediately closed down and that hate preachers ( preaching violence or division or portraying unbelievers as worse than a Muslim) should be banned, yes or no? Come on man speak up!

Do your homework before posting yet more uninformed personal critic.

I have already posted, I think on 2/3 occasions, my thoughts on some basic steps to combat the dissemination of Jihadist ideology in the UK that to a degree mirror your thoughts.

• Like 1

I was asking about ideas for combating jihadists in the UK not yet more excuses for it. Islamic fundamentalism has it's origins in the Koran and the life of the prophet and nowhere else. To point out the calls for violence, hate and division by a religion is not 'flaming'.

Islamic terrorist groups originate from the last century.

It's origin has nothing to do with the life of the Prophet or with the religious Islamic wars after the ancient Roman empire.

Islamic fundamentalism is linked to radical anti-colonial resistance.

That's happening right now in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan.

Majority of 500 Britons are not aware of that.

Arab spring has been encouraged and sponsored by Western countries.

Edited by Thorgal

It's origin has nothing to do with the life of the Prophet or with the religious Islamic wars after the ancient Roman empire.

You seem to have left out the previous 12 centuries.

..or do you think Islam spread by rational discussion?

The sword in the Saudi flag is not for aesthetic purposes.

I've dedicated correctly these 12 centuries to the colonial history of Western countries.

Check out the flag of Arsenal FC...

Edited by Thorgal

Salafi wahabi fundamentalism can not represent basic Islam.Most people on TV don't even know this type of fundamentalism.

"Salafi wahabi'? Isn't it that nasty green paste you get in Japanese restaurants? wink.png

No, that's wasabi.

Yes I know what wasabi is.

I find your last comment strange though.

What kind of evidence do you have on that. It sounds as lot like you admire IS.

No, that's wasabi.

Yes I know what wasabi is.

I find your last comment strange though.

What kind of evidence do you have on that. It sounds as lot like you admire IS.

What the two DO have in common is a predatory, thoroughly despicable and inhuman regard for innocent human life (if we're including the atrocities of the Japanese Imperial Army during WWII, every bit the equal of Nazi Germany's). Both responsible for atrocity beyond description. One now thankfully long-ended and thus wholly irrelevant to this discussion; the other ongoing, growing, and a so-far, for the most part, unanswered global threat.

But Islamic "loyalty", comparable to samurai "loyalty"? Nah. Not even close. More like violence-loving thugs drunk with the power to intimidate and obsessed with the practically unlimited opportunity to commit murder & mayhem, encouraged & incited by manipulative Muslim clerics & warlords, all behind an organized façade of religious zeal.

• Like 2

Arab spring has been encouraged and sponsored by Western countries.

You appear to know absolutely nothing about the history of Islam or the life of the prophet, or the Korans instruction for jihad. I recommend you go and do some reading for a few weeks and then come back.

• Like 1

I saw a video of IS. In one part, there were the young IS men out looking for little boys to indoctrinate. They found a fertile scenario at a river with the sun shining. Many little boys (6 to 14) were splashing in the water. IS operatives waded in the water and splashed with them, while not-so-subtly infusing their hate-mongering philosophy in the mix. All was done with smiles and good cheer. Very effective. Later that night, with a bonfire going and lots of candy and other treats being passed around, the yung men get the boys worked up in a lather of spouting anti-western threats. Perhaps it's not quite happening that way in Britain, but it's happening..., ...with girls too.

A wider audience? You really think a bunch of Korsakoff syndrome expats hanging out in Thai bars or else so helplessly bored they live online for hours a day is a wider audience? Leave it alone. Happiness is a sandpit.