Does Britain have a jihadi problem?

webfact

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/11094852/British-hostage-David-Haines-beheaded-by-Islamic-State-terrorists.html

British hostage beheaded by Isis.

What a sad sad event for this man and his family. I can't wait for the SAS to get hold of the perpetrators.

Evil bastards

Only problem is....The Brits are so scared out of the shorts to do anything about things.

• Like 1

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/11094852/British-hostage-David-Haines-beheaded-by-Islamic-State-terrorists.html

What a sad sad event for this man and his family. I can't wait for the SAS to get hold of the perpetrators.

Evil bastards

Only problem is....The Brits are so scared out of the shorts to do anything about things.

Meaning...?

The OP asks, does Britain have a jihadi problem?

I'm not sure why the question needs to be asked, it's been evident for some time and getting worse.

Now, we even have people travelling abroad in numbers to commit violent 'jihad'.

They are scum and not wanted back home, they should never be allowed to return

IMO they should know before they go that there is absolutely no going back to civilised society

Lawyers would say you cannot render someone stateless, I say it's time to ignore these people.

Islamic State is a country right? (Well at least in their minds), so they wouldn't be stateless.

Let them be issued an Islamic State passport, whether it can be used or not isn't our concern.

I would go one step further with British jihadists who are definitely a danger whilst living in the UK.

Fly them into 'Islamic State', under the cover of darkness and just drop them off, now go and knock yourself out.

No ID, no passport, no money nothing! Well maybe a Koran.

Now go and join your buddies and have a very happy life under Shariah, don't send any postcards!

Fundamental flaw in your fantasy in that the UK Jihadists or from any other Western country would thus have the opportunity to carry out horrific crimes where they are located.

Perhaps a better approach would be to amend UK Law / unilaterally attach amendments to existing relevant international agreements, to enable the Courts to indefinitely detain the messengers of hate and those who support them. Expensive, but likely to be cheaper with less harm in the longer term.

I gave you the TV allowed version of what I think should be done to them.

Of course it's a fantasy, but it's good to fantasize sometimes but we know that fantasy will never happen, not whilst we have a world leader saying they're not Islamist. I wonder what common denominator links such evil groups as, IS, Al-Qaeda, Abu Sayyef, Boko Harem and Taliban et al.....oh and an unswerving belief in the Koran?? huh.png

• Like 2

Evil bastards

Meaning...?

I think the better word is, "complacency".

Very few folk know what the SAS is up too, what they are now doing. So his post is crap..coffee1.gif

• Like 2

The British people seem not to have the stomach for this kind of confrontation. In fact, welcoming trouble makers easily into their homeland. They will have to think long and hard about the resolve it will take to counter this kind of threat.

Reading posts from several supposedly Brits here on Thai Visa, they seem very upset about the harsh treatment the USA feeds out to terrorists. It is almost to the extreme...the bashings they serve out on the United States in every respect. Perhaps now they feel a tinge of pain....as 9/11 devastated our Country.

Their wishy washy attitude about dealing with threats makes them vulnerable....and weak.

• Like 1

Evil bastards

Meaning...?

Very few folk know what the SAS is up too, what they are now doing. So his post is crap..coffee1.gif

All the SAS I know are drinking beer in the pub down the street.

• Like 1

Evil bastards

Meaning...?

All the SAS I know are drinking beer in the pub down the street.

All I know is that the youth of Hereford are very polite in the pubs in town.

• Like 1

The OP asks, does Britain have a jihadi problem?

I'm not sure why the question needs to be asked, it's been evident for some time and getting worse.

Now, we even have people travelling abroad in numbers to commit violent 'jihad'.

They are scum and not wanted back home, they should never be allowed to return

IMO they should know before they go that there is absolutely no going back to civilised society

Lawyers would say you cannot render someone stateless, I say it's time to ignore these people.

Islamic State is a country right? (Well at least in their minds), so they wouldn't be stateless.

Let them be issued an Islamic State passport, whether it can be used or not isn't our concern.

I would go one step further with British jihadists who are definitely a danger whilst living in the UK.

Fly them into 'Islamic State', under the cover of darkness and just drop them off, now go and knock yourself out.

No ID, no passport, no money nothing! Well maybe a Koran.

Now go and join your buddies and have a very happy life under Shariah, don't send any postcards!

Would be wise to wait before any deportation of the 500 Jihadi Britons to Iraq.

US is still looking in vain since 9/11 for mass destruction weapons in Iraq...

Imagine the harm if the Britons find them before the US...

Evil bastards

True, the whole UK establishment is clueless about the threat Islam poses, their response to ISIS jihadists from the UK was to issue them with meaningless anti social behaviour orders on their return to the UK.. When Lee Rigby had his head cut off on a London street Cameron went on TV and stated it had nothing to do with Islam, despite the killer being filmed at the scene with a knife still in his hands shouting that the Koran made him do it. But then from what I have seen Obama is an even worse apologist for Islam, I did post a vid of him commenting on it which was quite disturbing, according to Barak Islam is a religion of peace and tolerance, pity we don't see much evidence of that.

• Like 1

Seems you have not read the bible and the Koran then, and do not see any difference in the lives of the Prophet and Jesus. This is part of the problem- ignorance!

Unfortunately, the actual teachings of Jesus are not relevant to most of the Bible. The old testament is just barking and contradictory, and can be used to justify anything.

Anyway, who abides by the teachings of Jesus? Not the Christian fundamentralists for sure. I used to go to a chuch full of enthusiastic church goers, but I'd guarantee that not one of them lived by the rule of "sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor", and not one would give their coat to a beggar. Strange that when Jesus preached about "a rich man not entering heaven ............... camel going through the eye of a needle etc" churches are full of rich people.

As for the new testament- completely polluted by other people trying to influence the masses to gain power. Paul was the worst thing to happen to Christianity. Probably a Roman fifth columnist.

There is a huge difference between Christ's teachings and the religion that grew up on all the BS that other men imposed on it.

To believe that anything other than the 4 gospels are relevant to Christ, is, IMO, ignorant.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

That's correct; very few folks know what the SAS is up to. Whether by tidbits of the missions or reduction in the "islamic" problem, we just dont know what the SAS is up to. We dont see it because it is not there. We dont see it because everything is reactionary and each reaction does not even return us forward one step. Each day we are backed further and further to the abyss of western civilization. If the notion that we dont know what the SAS is doing is itself somehow evidence of an aggressive policy to address this issue, look around- if you dont win any battles you can hardly win the war!

(This post does not indict the SAS, rather the civilian leadership).

Evil bastards

Meaning...?

The British GOVERNMENT is too scared ( or too PC ) to do anything meaningful.

After 9/11 or one of the other troubles they had to bring in a ban for liquids on planes. They actually made white middle England mothers drink their baby's milk to prove it was real milk because they were so afraid of being called islamophobic if they only did it with Muslim mothers. Gutless idiots!

Even more stupid was when Blair made the army park a tank in front of the airport terminal building, as though the jihadis were going to do a frontal attack on the airport w00t.gif .

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Seems you have not read the bible and the Koran then, and do not see any difference in the lives of the Prophet and Jesus. This is part of the problem- ignorance!

Unfortunately, the actual teachings of Jesus are not relevant to most of the Bible. The old testament is just barking and contradictory, and can be used to justify anything.

Anyway, who abides by the teachings of Jesus? Not the Christian fundamentralists for sure. I used to go to a chuch full of enthusiastic church goers, but I'd guarantee that not one of them lived by the rule of "sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor", and not one would give their coat to a beggar. Strange that when Jesus preached about "a rich man not entering heaven ............... camel going through the eye of a needle etc" churches are full of rich people.

As for the new testament- completely polluted by other people trying to influence the masses to gain power. Paul was the worst thing to happen to Christianity. Probably a Roman fifth columnist.

There is a huge difference between Christ's teachings and the religion that grew up on all the BS that other men imposed on it.

To believe that anything other than the 4 gospels are relevant to Christ, is, IMO, ignorant.

Well besides your disagreement with the text, how much of the New Testament justifies violence?

That may true, but there is no difference between the teachings of the Prophet and the religion that grew out of them, if only there were!

• Like 1

Well besides your disagreement with the text, how much of the New Testament justifies violence?

I can't answer that, as I never read much of the BS that the other people wrote in the rest of the new testament. I do know that early to middle ages Christians were extremely violent people though. They liked to burn people to death amongst other attrocities.

As for the gospels, I'd make a guess that none of them justify violence- turn the other cheek, cast the first stone etc.

However, I actually did read Revelation, and is that barking or what? Rantings of an insane person IMO.

The Old Testament is filled with horrible crimes that God sanctions and even commands.

There is Genocide, including a divine order to kill women and children at Jericho. There is Fratricide where God commands followers of Moses to kill their own families.

There are commands to kill women who are unable to prove they are a virgin and homosexuals.

The prophets and 'heroes' of the Old Testament would be considered the same as Islamic fundamental jihadists today.

But surely Jesus with his message of peace changed all that?

Did he?

Matt 10:34

I did not come to bring peace to the earth; I did not come to bring peace but a sword

Matt 12:30

He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

Matt 13:40-42

As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

John 3:36

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Luke 19:27

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Those that have followed have used words such as these to justify their actions; particularly persecution of Jews.

Martin Luther:

First to set fire to their synagogues or schools and to bury and cover with dirt whatever will not burn, so that no man will ever again see a stone or cinder of them. This is to be done in honor of our Lord and of Christendom, so that God might see that we are Christians

There are still fundamental Christians who believe and act on this crap; especially in the US and sub Saharan Africa.

But as with the vast majority of Muslims and the Koran, the vast majority of Christians in the modern world do not take quotes like the above literally.

• Like 2

True, the whole UK establishment is clueless about the threat Islam poses, their response to ISIS jihadists from the UK was to issue them with meaningless anti social behaviour orders on their return to the UK.. When Lee Rigby had his head cut off on a London street Cameron went on TV and stated it had nothing to do with Islam, despite the killer being filmed at the scene with a knife still in his hands shouting that the Koran made him do it. But then from what I have seen Obama is an even worse apologist for Islam, I did post a vid of him commenting on it which was quite disturbing, according to Barak Islam is a religion of peace and tolerance, pity we don't see much evidence of that.

Yet another massive generalization which clearly nobody except you believe that to be true, I doubt actually that you do either if you stop and think about it.

Difference between the Bible and the Koran is, given that there are far more passages in the Koran ordering violence (109), that people do not take the Bible literally in this respect, but Muslims do, at least far, far more as we can see on the news every day. Before anyone mentions what Christians did hundreds of years ago again that was insignificant compared to Islamic slaughter. When did Christians in modern times fly planes into skyscrapers, behead people on you tube, blow up trains and metro trains, plot continuously to blow up planes full of innocent people,engage in the wholesale burnings of Mosques, ban Islam or even possession of a Koran in a Christian country, ban Muslims from entering Jerusalem, engage in child marriage or paedophile gang rape inspired by the life of Jesus? This whole what about the Bible argument just does not stand up to scrutiny, good try as usual by the apologist though.

Edited by jacky54
  • Like 1

The Old Testament is filled with horrible crimes that God sanctions and even commands.

Pointing fingers elsewhere as usual.

The Old Testament was written thousands of years ago and no one, other than radical Islam, is trying to take over the world, while murdering thousands upon thousands of innocent people to force everyone else to adhere to a caliphate based on sharia law.

Oh wait, dear friend: how can it be that one person is allowed to cite testimony from so many different references in support of their argument yet the opposition, when doing the same, is considered to be employing diversionary tactics, hmmm!

Pointing fingers elsewhere as usual.

The Old Testament was written thousands of years ago and no one, other than radical Islam, is trying to take over the world, while murdering thousands upon thousands of innocent people to force everyone else to adhere to a caliphate based on sharia law.

Oh wait, dear friend: how can it be that one person is allowed to cite testimony from so many different references in support of their argument yet the opposition, when doing the same, is considered to be employing diversionary tactics, hmmm!

Could it be because the topic of this thread is "Does Britain have a jihadi problem" and has nothing to do with Christians? whistling.gif