to farang or not to farang? that is the question.

silomplaya

In Asia, maybe with the exception of the Philippines, women tend to prefer their own than a farang who on average is double their age. Women who are working and are not desperate for financial support do not need a farang.I believe that there are very few cases of middle class affluent Thai women marrying a much older foreigner. I mentioned the Philippines before because they are absolutely poor but because they also enjoy the company of the farang especially if he is an American.

Bottom line, in my opinion, Thai women, like all women, prefer a home grown prince charming. If this cannot be achieved survival kicks in and they compromise.

The girls at the mall have a job, are young and possibly beautiful, they do not need middleage+ blokes like us. (like me anyway)

It seems common enough that many Thai women from most walks of life have been turned off by their home grown men, for numerous reasons. Instead they consider western men as an alternative.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

you should not buy yourself high-heels, handbags and make-up....

You thought your remark, would escape my attention.

How wrong you can be.....do you know that me and Mr Cool have eyes and ears in Rhech Tum where we live?

Anyway, there are thousands of lesbians out there, why wouldn't they look at a cute farang?

do you know that me and Mr Cool have eyes and ears in Rhech Tum where we live?

You and Mr. Cool live in a rectum?

That does not sound very cool to me...

its almost like there is only a certain percentage of thai ladys that are confident with english

Yes, it must be the language barrier thing.

There could be no other reason why some farang chick-magnets are all alone. This guy must also be a victim of the Tower of Babel just like you ... it's either that or most Thai girls have a low gag reflex threshold.

post-145917-0-57720000-1409229156_thumb.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

O Farang, Farang,! wherefore art thou Farang?

Deny thy father and refuse thy shop;

Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my money,

And I'll no longer be intersted.

Will a farang by any other name smell as sweet?

Nope, by all reports they stink.

Not exactly sure what farang - or not farang means.....

Sometimes timing and happenstance & when you least expect it......case in point today......we went to a movie in CM Airport Plaza Mall.....we had lunch and walked around and my wife had to use the toilet so away we went - seems like she takes forever every time and usually I just find a place to sit and wait while watching the legs and other good parts walk by.....today I also had to get rid of some liquid & headed for the adjoined Mens room - - - - whoa - the gal mopping in there was 22-28ish and very good looking (much different from the usual 60ish wrinkly ones that have that job)......I finished and walked out to wash my hands - she was mopping at the center sinks and so I used a sink to her left - while at the sink she "stumbled/tumbled" right into me....I saw her in the mirror and turned to catch her and it was a soft landing with her being in no hurry to move away - I caught her as a gentleman should but at the time had fleeting other thoughts & again she seemed content to nestle briefly.....most Thai gals would break out and away laughing in an embarrassed manner quickly - then look away from eye contact but she didn't....it was not awkward off balance fall withlout feet underneath it was almost like a dance step so I have to believe it was intentional but of course I could not pursue.....I went out and sat on the bench in the hallway - she came out giving me a really nice lingering smile and kept it & kept looking back at me as she went down the hallway......

I'm not a young sprout any longer and don't look like I used to....so - for me it was a very pleasant interlude/question mark.....I am used to giving and getting a lot of smiles because I also smile....I find the Thai gals very friendly, open, willing, and engaging.......but - I am no longer on the prowl/trolling/obviously hunting (like the OP)....can't say that I ever was - not my nature.....

Had I been on the prowl and looked it chances are this - whatever the heck this was - would have never happened.....

I'm still not sure what exactly happened & couldn't follow it up - but I'm glad it happened......and yes based on what I observed and felt 100% female.....

It's all timing and opportunity....I didn't have the time and it wasn't opportune but it was fun/interesting/thought provoking.....

I think many opportunities are out there if you don't look like you're stalking and hoping for prey.....

The movie was good too "Lucy" - weird ending though.....

Edited by pgrahmm

Sometimes timing and happenstance & when you least expect it......case in point today......we went to a movie in CM Airport Plaza Mall.....we had lunch and walked around and my wife had to use the toilet so away we went - seems like she takes forever every time and usually I just find a place to sit and wait while watching the legs and other good parts walk by.....today I also had to get rid of some liquid & headed for the adjoined Mens room - - - - whoa - the gal mopping in there was 22-28ish and very good looking (much different from the usual 60ish wrinkly ones that have that job)......I finished and walked out to wash my hands - she was mopping at the center sinks and so I used a sink to her left - while at the sink she "stumbled/tumbled" right into me....I saw her in the mirror and turned to catch her and it was a soft landing with her being in no hurry to move away - I caught her as a gentleman should but at the time had fleeting other thoughts & again she seemed content to nestle briefly.....most Thai gals would break out and away laughing in an embarrassed manner quickly - then look away from eye contact but she didn't....it was not awkward off balance fall withlout feet underneath it was almost like a dance step so I have to believe it was intentional but of course I could not pursue.....I went out and sat on the bench in the hallway - she came out giving me a really nice lingering smile and kept it & kept looking back at me as she went down the hallway......

I'm not a young sprout any longer and don't look like I used to....so - for me it was a very pleasant interlude/question mark.....I am used to giving and getting a lot of smiles because I also smile....I find the Thai gals very friendly, open, willing, and engaging.......but - I am no longer on the prowl/trolling/obviously hunting (like the OP)....can't say that I ever was - not my nature.....

Had I been on the prowl and looked it chances are this - whatever the heck this was - would have never happened.....

I'm still not sure what exactly happened & couldn't follow it up - but I'm glad it happened......and yes based on what I observed and felt 100% female.....

It's all timing and opportunity....I didn't have the time and it wasn't opportune but it was fun/interesting/thought provoking.....

I think many opportunities are out there if you don't look like you're stalking and hoping for prey.....

Hmmmmmm, hate to disappoint you but I think many of us older extremely hansum guys have this stuff happen now and again. For instance, last night this hansum old guy was kissed by 2 ladies. Yes I had sung a few numbers but I seem to be an old irresistible guy...... giggle.gif ............laugh.png

Hmmmmmm, hate to disappoint you but I think many of us older extremely hansum guys have this stuff happen now and again. For instance, last night this hansum old guy was kissed by 2 ladies. Yes I had sung a few numbers but I seem to be an old irresistible guy...... giggle.gif ............laugh.png

"Yes I had sung a few numbers" ---- sung or smoked?

Good on you...I enjoy singing and am actually good at it but never get the chance...the karaoke places around here carry dangers - wish I could find a venue.....when single before and with a chance to sing it was magnetic.....

I don't need the fringe benefits anymore but it would be nice for me to sing more.....enjoy it.....

• Like 1

OP post i BS ---I had a friend visit me for a month in Feb. His only Thai is Sawasdee Krup and Suay Mak. He is 53 yo works out shaved head and went up to many cute girls in malls and a girl at clothing store, book store. At least 3 gave them their phone number and e mailaddress and called him . One said she was a little put off because should be introduced to someone not just approched but he stated he was only here short time so would she take his e mail and phone number and they could write till he came back so she took them and e mailed him.

Its a little about how you look but also your personality and how you approch them . He is stright forward , I am a little laid back but still get girls

Also about as they say dress for success..

I think you are mistaken. The reality of the situation is that the young lasses are so dumbstruck with your debonair James Bond like demenour, those pearly whites you flash at them, that swagger in your walk and the dulcet tone of your manly voice.....that they become like deer in headlights.

Go back young man. Go straight up to the first young attractive wench you meet and ask "Phom leeyuh hee khun dai mai" ....

You'll be wining and dining her in no time!

Juvenile....and gross....Grow up...please.

• Like 1

Wellll "silomplaya, don't be put-off by all those cruel, but no doubt, highly accurate comments.

There are many of us whom I am sure, ENJOYED your post and got a lot of belly-laughs out of it.

Not to mention the endless fun we derived from reading what our scurrilous colleagues wrote about you.

Can't wait for your next posting and may I suggest that perhaps, you could even write a book based on your experiences with girls, both in your home village and here in LOS?

I even have a title you could use, "The WIT and WISDOM of Silomplaya." Shouldn't take you more than maybe

10-Nanoseconds to write it.

Edited by Torrens54
  • Like 1

Learn to speak thai. If you can't pull after that, maybe you have other issues to deal with.

That there is the secret to it all. If you can't speak Thai, you're left with BG's, farang-hunters, and other downtrodden, certifiable nutbags who don't have the goods to attract a decent Thai guy. But if you can speak the lingo, the world is your oyster.

BS

OP, I suggest if you seek undivided attention my advice is nip down to Soi Nana and will get a smile from every women you meet.They'll even grab your knackers telling you that your velly velly hansum lol!!

Learn to speak thai. If you can't pull after that, maybe you have other issues to deal with.

That there is the secret to it all. If you can't speak Thai, you're left with BG's, farang-hunters, and other downtrodden, certifiable nutbags who don't have the goods to attract a decent Thai guy. But if you can speak the lingo, the world is your oyster.

BS
Ssstttt....let him believe in his simpleminded illusion. He just bashes all decent thai women as being stupid because NONE of them can speak english....in his mind ofcourse. Edited by benalibina

Was in a mall in bkk and it seems like the girls in the mall selling shoes , make up, and handbags etc etc are on another level and dont go with farang .

its almost like there is only a certain percentage of thai ladys that are confident with english and not scared to be judged by goin wih a farang.

What makes you think that language is the only reason why not all normal Thai ladies instantly fall in love with whiteys/farang?

BS
Ssstttt....let him believe in his simpleminded illusion. He just bashes all decent thai women as being stupid because NONE of them can speak english....in his mind ofcourse.

That is ridiculous, binalibina. My point is that the majority of Thai women do not speak English fluently, yet, these are typically the most desirable. Not to say that all Thai women who speak English are trash (obviously not all), but in sheer numbers, foreigners would have a much larger pool of females to choose from if they could speak the local language.

But alas, bina, I'm sure this is all above your puny brain.

• Like 1

BS
Ssstttt....let him believe in his simpleminded illusion. He just bashes all decent thai women as being stupid because NONE of them can speak english....in his mind ofcourse.

That is ridiculous, binalibina. My point is that the majority of Thai women do not speak English fluently, yet, these are typically the most desirable. Not to say that all Thai women who speak English are trash (obviously not all), but in sheer numbers, foreigners would have a much larger pool of females to choose from if they could speak the local language.

But alas, bina, I'm sure this is all above your puny brain.

Thank you for the insult. I guess your personality must make you really be loved by the non english speaking thai women. For the rest, another shallow defense from you. Lets leave it that.

Not exactly sure what farang - or not farang means.....

Muriel Blandings: I want it to be a soft green, not as blue-green as a robin's egg, but not as yellow-green as daffodil buds. Now, the only sample I could get is a little too yellow, but don't let whoever does it go to the other extreme and get it too blue. It should just be a sort of grayish-yellow-green. Now, the dining room. I'd like yellow. Not just yellow; a very gay yellow. Something bright and sunshine-y. I tell you, Mr. PeDelford, if you'll send one of your men to the grocer for a pound of their best butter, and match that exactly, you can't go wrong! Now, this is the paper we're going to use in the hall. It's flowered, but I don't want the ceiling to match any of the colors of the flowers. There's some little dots in the background, and it's these dots I want you to match. Not the little greenish dot near the hollyhock leaf, but the little bluish dot between the rosebud and the delphinium blossom. Is that clear? Now the kitchen is to be white. Not a cold, antiseptic hospital white. A little warmer, but still, not to suggest any other color but white. Now for the powder room - in here - I want you to match this thread, and don't lose it. It's the only spool I have and I had an awful time finding it! As you can see, it's practically an apple red. Somewhere between a healthy winesap and an unripened Jonathan. Oh, excuse me...
Mr. PeDelford: You got that Charlie?
Charlie, Painter: Red, green, blue, yellow, white.
Mr. PeDelford: Check.
From Mr. Blandings Builds His Dreamhouse)

Was in a mall in bkk and it seems like the girls in the mall selling shoes , make up, and handbags etc etc are on another level and dont go with farang .

its almost like there is only a certain percentage of thai ladys that are confident with english and not scared to be judged by goin wih a farang.

post-185769-0-17553200-1409359169_thumb.

Thank you for the insult. I guess your personality must make you really be loved by the non english speaking thai women. For the rest, another shallow defense from you. Lets leave it that.

You can dish it out, but you can't take it, eh? If you don't want to deal with me, quit stalking me you psycho.

• Like 1