Phuket 'mafia taxi' police raids net 66 of 83 targets

webfact

Again...Good start. We want to hear about jail time.....not arrests. The good General will only get street cred if the bad guys actually go to jail.

Yeah and when they receive a jail sentence, will they then be released on bail???

Good news, and good work by the army, I was starting to get impatient thinking they had lost momentum in the Phuket cleanup.

Don't dream too much.

It's a mission impossible the terminate of PKT taxi mafia.

This case only may change the leaders but the soldiers will be same people.

Anyway mister mafia mayor police officer's has a specially nice hat.

Edited by Loles

This guy almost got reelected this year. The Patong voting base is very small and he's been manipulating those people for years and years. He had to have been paying off people to stay in power, all the Phuket politicians above him. More to come on this story and where all his money is.

... more to the point, interested to know where he and sons are...I'm guessing it's not Thailand...!!

Some say they were tipped off months ago, maybe. However seems to me business just kept rolling along until the authorities strike, then they get up in arms and demand their right to, um break the law!

While this is happening in Phuket are the people of interest in other places in Thailand curtailing their activities or just continuing as if nothing is happening?

Some say they were tipped off months ago, maybe. However seems to me business just kept rolling along until the authorities strike, then they get up in arms and demand their right to, um break the law!

While this is happening in Phuket are the people of interest in other places in Thailand curtailing their activities or just continuing as if nothing is happening?

Maybe they were tipped off, don't know, but I do think that it would not have mattered. They consider themselves so much above the law, or maybe even better they consider themselves the law, that they never would have have imagined this could happen.

+1 - Arrogance personified

eezergood, on 28 Aug 2014 - 18:48, said:
bangkapi, on 28 Aug 2014 - 18:31, said:

I'll believe it when I see it.

Looks like you wont be waiting too long

Since 1932 approximately 50% of the time Thailand has been under military rule, they haven't made any lasting changes so yes, we wait and see. The change is driven now by a dictator, dictators do not generally favour the nation. Look at the current situation, why haven't heads rolled at the RTP or the provincial governors, their failure, to do their duty, has allowed corruption and illegal activities to flourish.

eezergood, on 28 Aug 2014 - 18:48, said:
bangkapi, on 28 Aug 2014 - 18:31, said:

I'll believe it when I see it.

Looks like you wont be waiting too long

Since 1932 approximately 50% of the time Thailand has been under military rule, they haven't made any lasting changes so yes, we wait and see. The change is driven now by a dictator, dictators do not generally favour the nation. Look at the current situation, why haven't heads rolled at the RTP or the provincial governors, their failure, to do their duty, has allowed corruption and illegal activities to flourish.

RTP their day will come, be patient. Also Thai politics generally don't favor the nation.

This will not change anything here anyway.

The rats are still there.

Went on Patong Beach, the other day, never seen so many people bothering tourists for jetski, sun glasses etc

Jetski guys are all over the beach harassing you to rent one!

and on the street, still those F..... motorbikes for rent which take public parking space.

Again...Good start. We want to hear about jail time.....not arrests. The good General will only get street cred if the bad guys actually go to jail.

How long do you think it takes from an arrest to a court trial to a jail sentence in any country let alone Thailand.

5 minutes, ten minutes, an hour, a week, a month or more? There is no "instant" justice in real life. It takes time and these guys were only arrested yesterday.

• Like 1

Again, it's down to the good General who's made the idle, lazy wobble-bottoms in brown do their jobs.

Never in PTP or Dem's day!!

thumbsup.gif

Never in PTP or Dem's day!! Why not think a bit before dragging the topic back there?

Because without Prayuth's push police just was a big part of this!

But: what will happen when the country is handed back to "elected" politicians and their consorts?

About time this happened, good on them for arresting this lot. It needs a strong arm to enforce the law not people who are scared and shaking in their boots. It seems that we finally have people who are willing to work and clean up this scum from the streets. Personally, I would cancel their licence, confiscate their tuk tuks, crush them and then send them the bill. It's easy enough done.