Water off, sgn of things to come ?

worgeordie

The water has been off all morning in our Moo Bahn on Mae Jo road,

anyone else having the same problem,is this the start of water shortages

or just a burst pipe?.

Its all looking like a "perfect storm" pardon the pun, lots more houses,condos,

malls,been built,on one hand and on the other less rain,it has been reported

that water levels in reservoirs that supply Chiang Mai are quite low.

regards Worgeordie

My water was off for about 15 minutes two nights ago (I live in Chang Phuak/Kham Tiang area). Not a big deal, really, except I was in the shower and covered in soap. Just had enough of a trickle to clear my eyes before the trickle ran dry. Funny stuff haha 55555555555555555555555555678

I've gotten to the point where I finally bought a couple of 5-gallon buckets with covers, and filled them with water and a bit of chlorine just for the frequent times when the power goes out resulting in the eventual no-water situation. When the electric pumps cannot keep the community water tower full, it becomes depleted pretty fast.

Like bamboozled, I'd been caught one too many times soaped up with no rinse water. Already the reserved supply has saved the day.

In Banwangtan ,Hang Dong the water pressure used to get so poor in the hot months that most of us put in a tank and a electric pressure pump,problem solved.

Gives you a 1000 litres + in reserve and even when the power goes out gravity feed will keep you going.Its about a 12,000 to 15,000 baht investment depending on tank size. Well worth it for peace of mind.

• Like 2

I just moved from a house that had an electric pump and holding tank to one without, just fed directly from the city water pressure. While being caught without water is a drag I don't for a minute miss the sound of that damn pump. You so much as look at the tap and the thing will kick on. The noise is something to consider if investing in one of these.

I just moved from a house that had an electric pump and holding tank to one without, just fed directly from the city water pressure. While being caught without water is a drag I don't for a minute miss the sound of that damn pump. You so much as look at the tap and the thing will kick on. The noise is something to consider if investing in one of these.

Soundproof it? At least the side towards your house.

I've gotten to the point where I finally bought a couple of 5-gallon buckets with covers, and filled them with water and a bit of chlorine just for the frequent times when the power goes out resulting in the eventual no-water situation. When the electric pumps cannot keep the community water tower full, it becomes depleted pretty fast.

Like bamboozled, I'd been caught one too many times soaped up with no rinse water. Already the reserved supply has saved the day.

10 gallons is not much water.

I live in Sansai and after they switched to the municipal water supply from the well about 2 years ago now, there has been about 50+ occasions where the water has been off from anywhere from 3 hours to 48 hours. Only about 9 months after they put in the first set of supply pipes (which took months) did they realize that with all the building in Sansai, the pipes weren't big enough and they started all over! This time all the way from the main facility on the Super Highway near Tesco Lotus, all the way out towards the Phrao Road. We got so sick of waking up to no water that we bought 2 X 50 gallon water tanks, one for upstairs and one by the back kitchen. We got them at Makro, normally 799 each, on sale for one day only at 599 - being snapped up by the dozens. 100 gallons is enough to get 4 of us through a shower, washing dishes, etc. for a couple of days. Great investment. Now with the chlorinated water supply we just fill them. No need to put those crystals in the brown well water and clean the tanks 3 X a year. (I still don't know what those crystals are that Thais put in the water tanks). The g/f always bought them and could not explain what they were.

Most of the water pumps are small plug-in types. I just leave mine unplugged and when the water pressure drops, or goes off I just plug it in. The only time I had a problem with excessive noise was when the pump was not functioning properly.

Have occasion at least once a week to walk across the Narrowt bridge. Seems like the water is still down at dry season levels,

maybe up a couple of inches..

This could explain another thread why all the people are moving out of the Moo Bahn'swai.gif

But the immigration office is still full.

Edited by northernjohn

There is a large water pipeline being put in all along the Mae Cho road at least until Royal Chiang Mai Golf Course. There is a very large water control facility being built on the road about even with the Royal Chiang Mai Golf course. Maybe that has something to do with the water being off in the Mee Chok area.

For those that do not get out of the city area often, they probably would have no idea of that.

Guaging the water in Mae Naam Ping is not a very good way of determining water levels because of water control at Mae Ngat and now just south of Mahidol Road where the new gates are. You can see water levels very low south of the gates when the levels are much higher north of the gates.

My water was off for about 15 minutes two nights ago (I live in Chang Phuak/Kham Tiang area). Not a big deal, really, except I was in the shower and covered in soap. Just had enough of a trickle to clear my eyes before the trickle ran dry. Funny stuff haha 55555555555555555555555555678

Same thing happened to me once, except it wasn't just soap; my then half-way-down-my-back length, very thick curly hair was all shampooed up. w00t.gifw00t.gif

(And that was in Melbourne).