Just A Fun Little Survey..

John K

Bisto Instant gravy granules (can't find them anywhere)

UK Dairy Milk Chocolate (the stuff here tastes waxy)

Branston Pickle.

Oh nuts, I've just dribbled onto my keyboard!

I don't know where you are tourleadersi but both Bisto (several flavours) and Branston pickle are readily available in Phuket.

I miss flying fish and cou cou, coconut turnovers, Banks beer, Bajan beaches and family.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Branston Pickle.

I don't know where you are tourleadersi but both Bisto (several flavours) and Branston pickle are readily available in Phuket.

I miss flying fish and cou cou, coconut turnovers, Banks beer, Bajan beaches and family.

I'm in Bangers I'm afraid, but I may be heading down to Phuket next month. I just can't get enough of Bangkoks green parks, innovative traffic solutions and fresh air for the moment though!

I've heard the reason chocolate here tastes waxy is because they put something in it to keep it from melting instantly. Hence, the Cadbury's dairy milk tastes a bit funny :o

I miss bagels (none available here) and crunchy cheetos. Dr Pepper. a really thick juicy steak (again rarely available here). a yummy burger with guacamole, swiss cheese and jalapeno peppers, reeses peanut butter cups, fresh peaches, all the berries (blackberries are my favorite tho) ....

Getting hungry just thinking about it :D

almost everything mentioned I have seen here (or like Haggis ... wouldn't eat with Smart's mouth!)

I miss 3 things most ...

Wolf brand canned chili ....

Kraft Mac and Cheese (with the sauce packet/can ... not the powder)

Hebrew National HotDogs!

Branston Pickle.

Yes, the Bisto range is readily available at Tops in Central Festival and at the Patong Deli. Have seen Branston Pickle at the Patong Deli - but it often sells out. Walkers salt n vinegar crips are presently at Don's Cafe and tops in Central (saw somebody else's wish list on this thread).

As for me, I miss Maynards Wine Gums and Rowntree fruit pastilles. Do believe that a member of this board is kindly bringing me a stash soon. Can't wait! :o

3 things I miss most...

1) Going to see West Ham play, especially a night game. Finish work with that unique excitement feeling, drinking Caffrey’s with the lads down the pub and having a good sing song.

2) Driving - I had a M3, what a toy it was, it was pure pleasure. I miss that the most.

3) Smoking and getting the giggles with my mates. Only did it once in a while, but when I did it was a great laugh. Wouldn’t attempt to do it out here thou!

The Dude wishes he could buy White Castle Burgers here. He digs them with a large shovel

i could eat of sack of 20 of them lil square burgs but always get gas after.still love em and its the onions that makes taste so good.they are available frozen so pester your grocer to get em.

Guinness in bottles or can available in supermarkets or local shops

A good English radio channel

Parsnips

Ribena

100+ (a sort of sports drink availabe in M'sia + S'pore)

To add one more: smoked haddock **slurp**

Edited by LadyinRed

l

l

< < < < < :o:D

Ahh now look what you made me go and do! The computer screen is all wet and the wife walked in whilst I was licking it! She mumbled something about making a change from pictures of Margaret Thatcher. :D:D:D:D:D

Medicine stuff like NyQuil, neosporin cream and cranberry pills are usually what I request from home when people come by.

I sometimes ask for Maker's Mark whisky, brooklyn lager or some flavored stoli vodka, but it almost sounds like a list from someone in prison.

Figure that I'll never manage to get Westernized Chinese food, (orange Chicken, Scalion pancakes, mot real Chinese food.) New York bagels and a draft pint of decent beer that isn't stale.

But, considering how many imported goods can be found in Bangkok, these are easily managed by making the occasional visit.

Guinness in bottles or can available in supermarkets or local shops
Available in Foodland and Carrefours.
copenhagen and skoal

From Denmark ...... Caslsberg, Tuborg and Faxe Fad. Danish Rye Bread and good Danish pastries.

From England. ... Pork Pies, Steak and Kidney Pudding. PG tips tea.

copenhagen and skoal

I hear you Dude...quite unobservant of me not to have mentioned it...

daily shopping list for de sebben elebben:

3 dozen fresh corn tortillas (once I get the family started there won't be no stoppin' them)

quart tub of Knudsen's full fat small curd cottage cheese

La Victoria Salsa Ranchera

unsweetened grapefruit juice (to mix wid de soda and vodka)

cheap vodka - not < 80 proof for < USD5 per 750ml boddle

fresh Copenhagen available at all times...

that all should be available at convenience stores anywhere in SoCal.

A nice touch would be to have a slovenly but delightful and friendly teenaged chicana poppin' her chewin' gum behind the check out counter...

P.G. Tipps Pyramid Tea Bags (Not like the weak tea I get here)

Louisiana Hot Sauce (So good on eggs!)

Gold Toe Socks (Instead of mini-me paper thin socks)

Licher Beer (Favorite German Beer)

Diebels Alt Beer (Real Dark German Beer like Guinness)

TABASCO brand Spicy Bloody Mary Mix (Free vitamins with your Alcohol) & Celery !!!! (for the Bloody Marys)

Ritter Sport Marzipan

Caymus Cabernet Sauvignon

Ravenswood Merlot

Asbach Uralt (German Brandy)

Cloudberry Jam

Taco Bell (need more cholestoral)

Carl's Jr. Hamburgers (L.A. Based Chain)

Good food based Vitamins like those made by Jarrow Formulas

Wildcrafted Herb stores

Salt Licorice

Old Hong Kong Kong &lt;deleted&gt; DVD's with English Subtitles

Anime Series DVD's with English Subtitles

Lived too many places. I'm always getting cravings.

Edited by Badtz

Sh1t, I was going to say that most of the food stuffs you'd all mentioned are atually available if you look far and wide enough but some of you have come up with some right weird things: have most of you heard of Gold Toe Socks?? or Cloudberry Jam??

I found that the stuff I was missing was just a simple search away, albeit at a slightly higher price than I'd pay at home...

I personally miss whatever I can't get my hands on, whether that be som tan thai when I'm in the UK or simple dipping sauce for my corn chips... :o

Why is everybody missing food? Is there a market here for Marmite, cheese, bacon, pork pies ect.

I have lived around Asia and Europe and there has always been these type of Expat shops selling these goods.Is there nothing in Pattaya selling this stuff?

Japan I missed the larger size clothes.

Thailand its the size 45Europe shoes and 44 inch jeans.

Also the ability to put ones foot on the road and all cars scream to a halt to avoid you, ...remember that?

Why is everybody missing food? Is there a market here for Marmite, cheese, bacon, pork pies ect.

I have lived around Asia and Europe and there has always been these type of Expat shops selling these goods.Is there nothing in Pattaya selling this stuff?

Japan I missed the larger size clothes.

Thailand its the size 45Europe shoes and 44 inch jeans.

Also the ability to put ones foot on the road and all cars scream to a halt to avoid you, ...remember that?

When I cross the road the cars always stop