Maximum ATM Withdrawl

Just enter a bank and ask for the money you want (limit on the card). Show you passport and no 150/180 baht fee smile.png

Would this be when using a overseas Visa Debit Card taking the money out of my foreign account ?

Or is this when using my Thai Debit Card pulling money from my Thai bank account ?

S.B.

I just realized your saying no 150/180 baht fee so it must be using my Visa Debit Card coming from my foreign bank account.

But I still need clarification

S.B.

Just enter a bank and ask for the money you want (limit on the card). Show you passport and no 150/180 baht fee smile.png

Would this be when using a overseas Visa Debit Card taking the money out of my foreign account ?

Or is this when using my Thai Debit Card pulling money from my Thai bank account ?

S.B.

I just realized your saying no 150/180 baht fee so it must be using my Visa Debit Card coming from my foreign bank account.

S.B.

Working for foreign account, but you should be able to it on you bank account in Thailand. I use my visa and MasterCard . Visa is by default in my country 10000 baht day and MasterCard 30000 baht day.

S.B.

What's being described is a so-called "counter withdrawal." You can do a search for the term here in the forums.

It can work with both foreign credit and debit cards at bank counters. But, this being Thailand, be prepared for bank tellers to sometimes refuse to do the transaction and tell you instead to use their ATMs.

At present, the Thai banks have no withdrawal fee for counter withdrawals. But you will need to carry and present your passport in order to conduct a counter withdrawal.

CIMB Bank also has a maximum of Bht30,000 on a single withdrawal.

What are their withdrawal fees for VISA and MasterCards???

CIMB charge Bht180 and at the other end HSBC hit me for S$8 per transaction.

• 1 year later...

Archived