Self addressed envelope with visa application to embassy in London

Hi,

Apologies for a stupid question but as the Embassy doesn't answer the phone (only puts you on hold) and my passport is involved...

I've made previous applications in person but for me it's a hotel stay or 2 trips to London so I want to apply by post. The website is not good and Google even says it's been hacked. The embassy asks for a £10 fee the return my passport. Do I have to provide a self addressed envelope, it doesn't say.

Thanks

The instructions do not ask for the self addressed envelope. I think that is because they use an envelope from the post office as part of the 10 pound postage fee. http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/401

Yes, read that too but the recorded info on the phone also says they don't accept postal applications, so none of it is very clear. I called to clarify, waited in a queue for 35 minutes and was then disconnected. No reply to emails either.

I figured there must be someone here who's made an application by post in the last few weeks

I realize you've probably already considered this, but I think you'll better off going to one of the consulates (NOT Hull) and getting your visa in person. I get 1-year non-immigrant 'o' visa (spouse) at Cardiff and I'm in and out - with my visa - in fifteen minutes.

You can include a self addressed envelope or send a £10 fee. This came from a Visa Officer.

A self addressed enveloped is worth few pennies.. perhaps they meant a stamped envelope.. that 62p... traceable post service starts at £1.72.

As Ubonjoe states, they return your passport in PO envelope.

Had mine returned two weeks ago 3 days after application was sent.

I can confirm the above. I paid the £10 and the embassy sorted out the return. I do not know if they still will accept a S.A.E. as they required until recently - they may now have a mutually beneficial arrangement with the Post Office.

The question I sent to the embassy last week before starting this thread:

'Do I need to include a self addressed envelope when submitting a visa application?'

The reply I got today:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Yes, you can do that or pay us 10 pounds to post back to u as (special delivery )

Kind Regards,

Visa Officer

Royal Thai Embassy

29-30 Queen's Gate,

London,

SW7 5JB

If I was to include a self addressed envelope, it would be Special Delivery as that is the safest (and Post Office approved) way to post a passport. I think the cost is about £6.50

You send them a postal order for £35 and they use the extra £10 to return your passport by Special Delivery in much the same way as Hull used to do. That's what I did today after I received the following email from them on the 17th of July. I also spoke to them and confirmed it.

Dear Sir/Madam,
just add up extra 10 pounds by postal order payable to the royal Thai embassy, no need envelop attached.

Kind Regards,

Visa Officer

Royal Thai Embassy
29-30 Queen's Gate,
London,
SW7 5JB
www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk