renting or availing of the free accommodation

NYGuy816

The BKK school where I'm currently employed is offering free accommodation. However, they'll be providing a 6000 baht housing allowance if I don't opt for the said free housing. They've given me around a week, perhaps two, to decide. I'm currently renting with two of my buddies and feel like wanting to get a space of my own, sharing around 4k for the rent and utilities for a pretty huge townhouse. Any thoughts of a cheaper, more practical or decent option? Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
Thanks rgs2001uk for replying.

I'm here in the Ramkamhaeng area and studio type apartments are a common thing here and I want something bigger, like a townhouse or a detached one. The school informed me that I have within November to move out so that's actually a good news. So perhaps my only option is to rent a house around 9k, where I could actually use the 6K allowance. At least I get to save the 1k for some booze, thumbsup.gif but kidding aside, it's about time to get a place of my own. I will be searching within the nearby areas this semester break and fingers crossed I'd find one. Will let you know for sure. Thanks man.

^^^^,

Ram is a heck of a long road, going all the way from Pra Ram 9 all the way out to Min Buri (soi 200+)

Where abouts are you teaching soi wise.

I know there are a couple of schools at the Min Buri end, which would be to your advantage, lots of cheap rents out that way.

Be Aware Perfect Place/Park (?) round about Ram 166 is expensive compared to what is on offer elsewhere.

As you say the place abounds with cheap condos for about 4k per month, its a case of hitting the sois and checking out prices, transport to and from is another consideration, plenty of song taews running up and down Ram.

Personally in that area I wouldnt be pay more than 10k per month for a townhouse, and no more than 15k for a detached house, they can be had cheaper.

I am looking for an appartment that's not to expensive but in a good area of bangkok . So far on Webserver all i find is overpriced places. It doesn't have to be furnished but balcony be nice and Internet.

Can anyone advise?

There are lots of room on ratchada, around onnut, udom suk and near shan thaksin. Try prakard on net, lots of room out there

Thanks rgs2001uk for replying.

I'm here in the Ramkamhaeng area and studio type apartments are a common thing here and I want something bigger, like a townhouse or a detached one. The school informed me that I have within November to move out so that's actually a good news. So perhaps my only option is to rent a house around 9k, where I could actually use the 6K allowance. At least I get to save the 1k for some booze, thumbsup.gif but kidding aside, it's about time to get a place of my own. I will be searching within the nearby areas this semester break and fingers crossed I'd find one. Will let you know for sure. Thanks man.

On ramkhamhaeng try dcondo on soi 9 or soi 64. Lumpiniville on soi 43 or mobilious on soi 5

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking for an appartment that's not to expensive but in a good area of bangkok . So far on Webserver all i find is overpriced places. It doesn't have to be furnished but balcony be nice and Internet.

Can anyone advise?

There are lots of room on ratchada, around onnut, udom suk and near shan thaksin. Try prakard on net, lots of room out there

Found a great appartment near on nut. Free WiFi and balcony... bliss ;-)