Lizard Picture Wanted

We have one of those large lizards which makes a Toch Eyeii sort of sound visit us on occassion.However before I can get a photograph it scampers off. I am just finishing a portrait of my Thai wife and would like said lizard in the background. As it is very uncooperative I wondered if anyone could put me on to a website where I could download a picture. I have looked for books on the subject but to no avail. Also does it have a proper name.? Cheers

We have one of those large lizards which makes a Toch Eyeii sort of sound visit us on occassion.However before I can get a photograph it scampers off. I am just finishing a portrait of my Thai wife and would like said lizard in the background. As it is very uncooperative I wondered if anyone could put me on to a website where I could download a picture. I have looked for books on the subject but to no avail. Also does it have a proper name.? Cheers

sorry but :o:D

Explorer :D

sorry but :D:D

Explorer :D

I don't get it.. why is that funny ? :o

totster :D

We have one of those large lizards which makes a Toch Eyeii sort of sound

I'm not sure if you mean Gecko /Took Gae.

Tokay gecko, Gekko gecko—This is the lizard for which geckos were named. It is one of the relatively few lizards that vocalizes, and its mating call has variously been described as a loud gek-gek-gek-gekkkk or as tok-eh tok-eh. The Tokay, an attractive but very aggressive species native to Southeast Asia, was in the past popular in the pet trade (apartment-dwellers in New York are sometimes advised by pet-shop owners to let Tokays run free to control cockroaches, though one might expect the vocalizations to be disconcerting!) and the species has naturalized in southern Florida and Hawaii.

Click here for photos

I asume you mean the tokay. There are lots of them around our house and they are good models, so I took several shots of them.

2006_06220012.jpg

2006_06220011.jpg

These two fell of the roof of our house, fighting over a female I think.... :o

2006_06020010.jpg