american muscle cars

camsouth

Actually the prices are about 3.5m baht new as long as you don't go for the 5 litre versions.

However they are all left hand drive.

The new ford Mustang is coming out with 2 types of engines a 2.3Lit 4 cylinder turbo and the GT 5 Lit V8. The Ford Mustang Eco Boost 4 cylinder turbo puts out 231kW at 5500 rpm and the GT 324kw at 6500 rpm. They will be 6 speed man or auto and RWD only, the eco Boost uses 9.4L/100km and the GT 12.3L/100km. They are already tooled up to right hand drive to put on the world market. I know they will arrive in OZ October 2015 and are priced from AU$50,000 to $70,000.

This info was in the Sydney Morning Herald in the Drive.com.au section Oct 4-5. According to the local dealer, they are getting orders and deposits already.

Hope this helps.

http://www.drive.com.au/

Edited by OZEMADE

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many years has that been for sale stingray ?

Over 10 years. Actually, I'm not interested to sell it at all, unless i get the price i want, which is at least 20'k USD, because once i sell it, i can't buy en American car in the same condition again. Peaple offer me 200'k, but what i'll buy with 200'k? A 98' Honda Accord?

For 200 to 300'k you'll find some rusty projects with a Toyota Diesel inside and 10 year back tax to pay.

So then you start ti restore it. Find engine, gearbox, repaint and fix all the body, interior, electric wiring, lights, suspension, etc, etc (never ending story). It will cost another 300'k to build a car like that, plus another 100 to 150 on back taxes (if the paperwork is correct). Not including the time and all the headaches, until it's ready to drive (if ever).

There are many US cars around with no correct logbook (blue book) and no correct engine and VIN numbers, which can be confiscated, by the authorities, at any time.

But mine is all correct! I' know, it's not a GTO, but here in TH, there are no choices and the tax & papers is up to date. And one important thing: It can e driven to Chiang Mai and return, without seeing the mechanic! Therefore I'm not selling cheap, because it's not replaceable.

• Like 2

Over 10 years. Actually, I'm not interested to sell it at all, unless i get the price i want, which is at least 20'k USD, because once i sell it, i can't buy en American car in the same condition again. Peaple offer me 200'k, but what i'll buy with 200'k? A 98' Honda Accord?

For 200 to 300'k you'll find some rusty projects with a Toyota Diesel inside and 10 year back tax to pay.

So then you start ti restore it. Find engine, gearbox, repaint and fix all the body, interior, electric wiring, lights, suspension, etc, etc (never ending story). It will cost another 300'k to build a car like that, plus another 100 to 150 on back taxes (if the paperwork is correct). Not including the time and all the headaches, until it's ready to drive (if ever).

There are many US cars around with no correct logbook (blue book) and no correct engine and VIN numbers, which can be confiscated, by the authorities, at any time.

But mine is all correct! I' know, it's not a GTO, but here in TH, there are no choices and the tax & papers is up to date. And one important thing: It can e driven to Chiang Mai and return, without seeing the mechanic! Therefore I'm not selling cheap, because it's not replaceable.

Hey man it is a nice car and I was not criticizing it in any way. Was just asking as I have been here for nearly 9 years and I noticed it forsale when I first came here and was looking to buy a car.

the place where it is advertised, is that your business ? I ask cause if you get any cheap pickups come in Iam keen. Must be cheap and not dual cab and not hi-rider. Must have a proper blue book. I dont care about the mechanicals as I want it for a project build.

So that's about 600,000 baht. Not a bad deal considering what others are asking for American iron. I did get a good buy when I bought my Cutlass for 340,000 with a current book and a V-8 but you have to be patient and wait for someone who is really hurting for money or from a friend who will give you a good deal.

Hey stingray. I just sold that Cerifro I bought from you when I lived in Pattaya. Car ran great and never gave me any trouble. I bought a new Mazda 3.

So that's about 600,000 baht. Not a bad deal considering what others are asking for American iron. I did get a good buy when I bought my Cutlass for 340,000 with a current book and a V-8 but you have to be patient and wait for someone who is really hurting for money or from a friend who will give you a good deal.

Hey stingray. I just sold that Cerifro I bought from you when I lived in Pattaya. Car ran great and never gave me any trouble. I bought a new Mazda 3.

That's a nice car, the new Mazda 3. I like the design and the price is about the same as in Europe. I also considered to buy one. But i will wait a little bit until they are as used cars on the market.

Hope to see you sometime. Let me know, when you come to Pattaya.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

These guys are selling new imported muscle cars, including Camaros, Corvettes, and Challengers, among others.

http://carmaxpraram9.com/import/ '> http://carmaxpraram9.com/import/

Been there and they want $180,000US for a Camaro that sells for $56,000 in the US. You can buy anything here if you have the money.

Edited by Rdrokit

It is.. By a company that specializes in that conversion done in association and the blessings of GM. Since the Pontiac is no longer made they have no choice but to use the Camaro body and chassis but that's pretty much what the old T/A was anyway. Still looks nicely done IMO and probably not far off what a retro GM designed T/A of today would like.

That is a nice dually though, I'm thinking farang, most Thai can't appreciate a truck like that, nor afford it, it's not a Toyota or Isuzu and also has a class 5 ball hitch on it, very curious what he's towing with that? A house or building maybe? tongue.png

Edited by WarpSpeed

Sorry to muscle in on your muscle cars thread but how about this truck for those of you with size issues smile.png

Not sure if this is the engine in that version. It 's says 7.0 LTZ on the tailgate - can only imagine the cost of importing it here.

DURAMAX DIESEL 6.6L V8 TURBO

The advanced DURAMAX diesel in the Sierra 2500 Denali HD delivers 397 hp and 765 lb-ft of torque, making it the most powerful Sierra ever. The DURAMAX Diesel engine has a strong reputation and a proven track record with nearly 1.4 million sold since 2000.6 Paired with the sophisticated Allison® 1000 Series Transmission with overdrive, this available powertrain also offers a maximum highway range of up to 680 miles on a single fill-up.7

http://autonationdrive.com/2015-chevrolet-silverado-and-gmc-sierra-hd-revealed/#prettyPhoto

• Like 1

Just got word that the Thai American Car Club is having their annual car show next Saturday, November 8th at the Wonder World Amusement Park from 1pm to 2am. Should be some muscle cars there.

Located opposite Fashion Island Shopping Center, Ram Intra at the east ring road/
See Black Head and many more in concert.
With other events/T-shirts, plus tickets and a chance to win a 1966 Ford F100
post-25614-0-28644400-1414923371_thumb.j
  • Like 1

Sorry to muscle in on your muscle cars thread but how about this truck for those of you with size issues smile.png

Not sure if this is the engine in that version. It 's says 7.0 LTZ on the tailgate - can only imagine the cost of importing it here.

DURAMAX DIESEL 6.6L V8 TURBO

The advanced DURAMAX diesel in the Sierra 2500 Denali HD delivers 397 hp and 765 lb-ft of torque, making it the most powerful Sierra ever. The DURAMAX Diesel engine has a strong reputation and a proven track record with nearly 1.4 million sold since 2000.6 Paired with the sophisticated Allison® 1000 Series Transmission with overdrive, this available powertrain also offers a maximum highway range of up to 680 miles on a single fill-up.7

http://autonationdrive.com/2015-chevrolet-silverado-and-gmc-sierra-hd-revealed/#prettyPhoto

I don't know, usually has to be 6.9l at minimum to put 7.0 on the tail gate or it's misrepresentation. Looks like a new displacement diesel, the truck is new after all, this late in the year it must be a 2015 one would think?

That is a nice dually though, I'm thinking farang, most Thai can't appreciate a truck like that, nor afford it, it's not a Toyota or Isuzu and also has a class 5 ball hitch on it, very curious what he's towing with that? A house or building maybe? tongue.png

Many more Thais than farangs in Thailand would be able to afford that.

Whatever, you always have a comment designed for a confrontation.. You ignored my first part where I said "they can't appreciate a truck like that" none of those Thai's you speak of see any reason to own ANY truck let alone one like that, those that can afford it don't do manual labor and that's not a vehicle that gains them face so not likely they'll own one as they have no personal use for it.

Edited by WarpSpeed
  • Like 1

Many more Thais than farangs in Thailand would be able to afford that.

This particular one had another photo of a thai guy in front of it in his driveway...