warning for thai women, foreingers gift senders, tax fee

Matej

I'd like to warn everyone, especially Thai women, which are having online relationships with suspiciously wealthy and unbelievable generous men/women. Don't send money to someone you've never met. Never! It doesn't matter what are they saying, doing, which language are they speaking(including Thai) ...

A few days ago my wife showed me a copy of delivery receipt and photos of iPhone, notebook, LV purse and so on, which she had from her facebook

(e-)friend, asking me whether it's real or not, whether her friend will really get all these things from her new superman.

I answered 'philosophically': she'll know when she'll get it and didn't pay much attention to it anymore ...

Next day this friend of my wife was contacted by Thai woman from delivery company xyz, that she has package at airport in BKK, containing electronics, plus cheque for 100 000 THB, but first she has to pay import tax 30 000 THB and gave her some account number.

She did paid and went to airport(100 km) to pick up a package.

I think I don't have to continue.

The worst thing is that she don't want to go to the Police. I don't know why, omnipresent corruption, image of the Police in Thailand???

Almost everyday I see in newspapers ... Thai women being conned by foreign men, mostly from African countries, who pretend to fall in love with them ...

Also I'd like to know what all those African men sitting everyday around Baiyoke tower are doing there? Enjoying Bangkok's fresh air and trees?

M.

post-183819-0-62343800-1409646824_thumb.

• Like 1

Almost everyday I see in newspapers ... Thai women being conned by foreign men, mostly from African countries, who pretend to fall in love with them ...

could we suggest this balances out the foreign men conned by Thai ladies then ?

your obviously making a suggestion that someting should be done about the African men pulling these cons, but should we not be calling the for the same action against the Thai ladies who do the same ?

food for thought ?

Police should do something ...

I don't know Thailand's criminality statistics. It's worth to go to the Police with this?

your obviously making a suggestion that someting should be done about the African men pulling these cons, but should we not be calling the for the same action against the Thai ladies who do the same ?

food for thought ?

I don't know Thailand's criminality statistics. It's worth to go to the Police with this?

proberly not, the BiB would most likely want tea money out of you just to investigate it...laugh.png

people have the habit of doing stupid things when it comes to greed, "Love" and a few other things, as the old saying goes it it seems to good to be true it generally is.

someone in my wifes family got stitched up over a "job" in the UK and "admin/visa fees" cos they had dollar signs in their eyes, my Mrs show me the stuff the "company" had sent her relative, it was a pretty easy check to determine the company didnt exist at the address given in London, the phone number was a "mobile" number and the company's email address was a "@hotmail.com" all very "compelling evidence" that it was a scam, my Mrs told her relative under no circumstances send any money to this "company" and you know what happened next...whistling.gif and then the relative had the cheek to ask my Mrs for a loan because they had just lost quite a heap of cash to a scammer...facepalm.gif

food for thought ?

She should go to the police. She will not get her money back, but if it's reported, perhaps it will get out through the press or social media. At least she'll be doing a public service. This scam has been going on for awhile, by the way.

You seem to have gotten negative lately, Soutpeel. What happened to you?

Note that the Thai women getting ripped off by Nigerian scams are not the same ones ripping off foreigners, so I don't see how you could be saying tit for tat. It would be the same rationale that Islamic terrorists use--"Israelis killed my family, so I'll go out and kill white people." Doesn't make any sense, does it?

food for thought ?

proberly not, the BiB would most likely want tea money out of you just to investigate it...laugh.png

people have the habit of doing stupid things when it comes to greed, "Love" and a few other things, as the old saying goes it it seems to good to be true it generally is.

someone in my wifes family got stitched up over a "job" in the UK and "admin/visa fees" cos they had dollar signs in their eyes, my Mrs show me the stuff the "company" had sent her relative, it was a pretty easy check to determine the company didnt exist at the address given in London, the phone number was a "mobile" number and the company's email address was a "@hotmail.com" all very "compelling evidence" that it was a scam, my Mrs told her relative under no circumstances send any money to this "company" and you know what happened next...whistling.gif and then the relative had the cheek to ask my Mrs for a loan because they had just lost quite a heap of cash to a scammer...facepalm.gif

Thailand is cursed by spell called cupidity madness.

I think there's a thin line between law and outlaw when it comes to the Police in Thailand.

What can we do?

Only wait until this society, law frame, justice ... mature step by step.

We should be thankful that this country is not ruled by social engineers like Myanmar, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia ...

You seem to have gotten negative lately, Soutpeel. What happened to you?

Note that the Thai women getting ripped off by Nigerian scams are not the same ones ripping off foreigners, so I don't see how you could be saying tit for tat. It would be the same rationale that Islamic terrorists use--"Israelis killed my family, so I'll go out and kill white people." Doesn't make any sense, does it?

absolutely nothing at all dear boy....tongue.png

my normal happy go lucky self as always, although I have had a bit of stress trying to off load a troubesome badger onto Costas, that may have someting to do with my perceived negativity..thumbsup.gif .

Scammers are everywhere - plenty of Thai's involved in these scams as well. Of course certain African nations have gained notoriety for it, for obvious reasons and I believe that Malaysia and India are also hubs for this sort of shit.

food for thought ?

Yes, it does even out things :-) It must be Karma.

Next time I see a black guy, I am going to buy him a drink :-)

food for thought ?

The police should do something? Do what? Do you really think the police have the level of competency required to break an overseas crime ring? Come on. As far as taking action against the Thai ladies, what do you suggest? Is taking advantage of an emotionally vulnerable foreigner a crime? It may show a bit of ethical and moral bankruptcy, but does it rise to the level of criminal behavior to get a foreigner to send you money every month, even though you have six other boyfriends doing the same thing? I think the solution is to get use some common sense. A hook is a hook. A hook is always in search of cash, and there will always be blokes who will buy their nonsense sales pitch. Yes, hard to feel a lot of compassion for a woman who falls for a scam like this one. $1,000 for shipping? Something does not smell right. If the guy is so generous, who would he be unwilling to pay for shipping? More than likely a Nigerian scammer.

How many Thais - male or female - would spend any time on this board ? Facebook, Youtube and the odd dating site - sure - but ThaiVisa ? Happy to hear otherwise, but it will need more than a board name or someone claiming to be Thai to convince me that Thais regularly visit this board.

Can you say "DUH" boys and girls?

I knew you could!

Is it possible anyone who falls for this stuff deserves what they get?

Are they not also trying to get something for nothing?

How many Thai women work online convincing lonely foreign men to send them gifts or even support them?

Remember boys and girls...

"When you play with fire, sometimes you get burned."

No sympathy from me!

post-147745-0-72781500-1409712183_thumb.

I knew you could!

How many Thai women work online convincing lonely foreign men to send them gifts or even support them?

No sympathy from me!

attachicon.gifimages (2).jpg

That´s actually a good point, the hunter suddenly becomes prey! Guess it might be easy to trick some of the women as they may have had their own sucess in finding a naive sponsor and now think the found another fool.

These types of scams just prey on the greediness of those getting scammed, nothing to do with "love",. Nothing different than the black ink scam that many people get hoodwinked on, due to their greediness. " I need 1 million baht for special ink to clean this 10 million baht worth of bills". Greed!

To assume that every African sitting around Bangkok is a potential scammer and should be checked is racist. White men con women online on a monotonously regular basis too and I'm sure many other nationalities.

Put yourself in the position of the African men that are here for legitimate means ..I would feel pretty wound up to be lumped into the con artist category if I had legit reasons for being here.

I don't think ripping off people is fair but reality is ... Nothing in life is free and if it seems too good to be true then generally it is.

I knew you could!

No sympathy from me!

That´s actually a good point, the hunter suddenly becomes prey! Guess it might be easy to trick some of the women as they may have had their own sucess in finding a naive sponsor and now think the found another fool.

It's not this case. She was/is not a hunter, but just a naive Thai woman, waiting for a white prince white thick wallet and gym membership as many others. Yes, of course it's greed, get something for nothing ... for a police officer it should be a crime and nothing else.

To assume that every African sitting around Bangkok is a potential scammer and should be checked is racist. White men con women online on a monotonously regular basis too and I'm sure many other nationalities.

Put yourself in the position of the African men that are here for legitimate means ..I would feel pretty wound up to be lumped into the con artist category if I had legit reasons for being here.

I don't think ripping off people is fair but reality is ... Nothing in life is free and if it seems too good to be true then generally it is.

Yes, it would be racism.

even though I'd like to know what are they doing there, Ratchathewi, same people, same place, grouping ...

How many times I was told in Chaiyaphum, Khon Kean ... "you're broking Isaan women, go home, go away from Thailand".

We can't argue/discuss like this: look, they are doing it too ... of course Thai women scumming too, and what?

I knew you could!

No sympathy from me!

It's not this case. She was/is not a hunter, but just a naive Thai woman, waiting for a white prince white thick wallet and gym membership as many others. Yes, of course it's greed, get something for nothing ... for a police officer it should be a crime and nothing else.

waiting for a white prince white thick wallet

so her motives are not that pure either then....whistling.gif... con someone out of cash on line, or con them out of cash in person, not really any different is it ?

I knew you could!

No sympathy from me!

waiting for a white prince white thick wallet

so her motives are not that pure either then....whistling.gif... con someone out of cash on line, or con them out of cash in person, not really any different is it ?

Wheew!

I am glad my wallet is brown leather and not white!

Does this mean they will not try to con me?

post-147745-0-72806300-1409715402.jpg

• Like 1

I knew you could!

No sympathy from me!

Frankly, I'm not real sympathetic to people who are greedy and stupid enough to fall for such scams. Doesn't matter if one is a lonely Thai woman or lonely farang overseas. However, in this case, the police would at minimum have the account number that she transferred the money to. Again, that money is gone and she'll never see it again. But you should ask this woman how she could possibly trust a guy she's never met. That alone boggles the mind.