Thai children paying for overstay if entering on foreign passport?

My Thai-Danish daughter, turning 9 years this week, entered Thailand almost a year ago on her Danish passport, as we did not manage to get the Thai passport from the embassy in Kuala Lumpur where we stayed at that time. She only got permitted to stay 14 days, and I did not pay much attention to it as I thought that Thai nationalities could not be fined, and furthermore have heard that kids below 15 are not obliged to pay. I later picked the Thai passport up in KL so now she has one.

Her Danish passport was about to expire and we now got that replaced from the embassy in BKK and the overstay question came up. Byfollowing some other recent threads I fear that this overstay might turn into a problem. We hear different opinions about at which age a child gets fined.

Any solids news would be appreciated, thanks.

Shortly after arriving you could of prevented the overstay by applying for a one year extension of stay at immigration based upon her Thai nationality.

Children under the age of 15 do not pay overstay fines.

Since she now has a Thai passport she should leave the country by air on her Danish passport to clear the overstay and return on her Thai passport.

Thank you guys, crystal clear. So our choice is if we should arrange an immediate holiday trip which can make her return stay legal, although there are no consequences of her current overstay. Does it have to be by air? A trip over Friendship bridge to Laos would be so much easier next time we are back Isaan.