Water Pick

mraitchison

Not found in most retail outlets but some gray market at high price I have seen (and avoided). Do have one like your photo from Ebay that wife found awkward and totally lacking in power. And other WaterPik units bought over the last 30 years had rather short lifespan due to hose breaking issues so bought expensive UK Kitty hydro floss wall unit about a decade ago and that is still working fine (but had to get Ebay as almost nothing available in Thailand).

article-1209915-063678BD000005DC-452_233

• 4 weeks later...

I shopped around and searched the threads here for a WaterPik after my home unit gave out, and only came up with a limited selection and CRAZY prices... like 5000-6000 for a single unit.

So I went back to my standby -- ordered online from Amazon.com, paid about $40 U.S. for a real WaterPik unit that weighed about 2 Lbs for shipping, and had it sent here by my U.S. re-shipper for about $20 more. So my total expense was about $60, or under 2,000 baht.

The only limitation is, it's a U.S. 110V electric device, meaning I have to use it with my step-down 220-110V converter units at home. But with those, it works fine. In addition to Amazon, Drugstore.com also stocks WaterPiks and just had a big sale on them, so I ordered a 2nd unit for reserve. But in both cases, I believe you'd have to arrange your own re-shipping from the U.S., since I don't believe either of those online retailers will ship them direct to Thailand.

To be specific, I bought a WP-72 from Amazon for $39.95, whereas the WaterPik Thailand website is offering what looks to be the comparable 220V model, WP-70E2, for 4500 baht, or about $140. $140 really????

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Amazon ships books and electronic gear to Thailand.

Just to be sure of what I reported above, before I did that post, I put a WaterPik in my Amazon shopping cart and selected my Thailand address as the shipping address. And the Amazon system replied that that item was not available for shipping to Thailand.

Yes, Amazon will ship some things to Thailand, if you're willing to pay their shipping rates and advance pay customs or deal with them on arrival. But that doesn't mean they'll ship everything here -- even in particular categories like electronics.