Court acquits redshirts accused of torching Bangkok shopping mall

webfact

Well done for seeing a terrorist for a terrorist. I completely agree as well. To a point.

Don't forget that of the 14% of the population that support(ed) the terrorist organization only 7% were fanatical so your not completely correct.

I pity the other 7% that only supported the red shirts because they offered a carrot called unsustainability that never made them rich as was promised.

We can't fogret that 7% were ignored by the PTP when that 7% didn't suit the agenda.

7% this, 15 Principles that, The Good General this, Red Shirt Terrorists that,

Please let it stop......................

I notice you still cannot rebut any of my claims.

The Rubics's cube lives on…...

<EDIT> Toot, toot.

They were claims? I just thought they were the ramblings of a lunatic. Take a long hard look at what you've written;

Don't forget that of the 14% of the population that support(ed) the terrorist organization only 7% were fanatical so your not completely correct.

I pity the other 7% that only supported the red shirts because they offered a carrot called unsustainability that never made them rich as was promised.

We can't fogret that 7% were ignored by the PTP when that 7% didn't suit the agenda.

What's to rebut? Once again, please make it stop..................

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good thing that there's ample photographic and video evidence of Red Shirts setting the place on fire (after threatening to do just that, to Central World and many other places), but that doesn't stop you from claiming they didn't do it, does it?

Well I'll look forward to prosecutions of any red shirt members who have been clearly identified and proved to be responsible. Can't say fairer than that - there are prosecutions in the pipeline I take it, after all it's been 4 years?

Oh, and how are the prosecutions going of those red shirts who were revealed in the new footage "clearly showing red shirt supporters torching Central World" that ex dem MP Sirichoke Sopha unveiled on "Blue Sky" TV back in January? It's just that I've heard nothing more about that - surely he gave the footage as evidence to the authorities?

Maybe now that the police have been purged of Thaksin's loyalists there is some hope of that as with the Red Shirts murders that went unimpeded until a change of management a few months ago.

However the fact stands that, in spite of your obfuscations, the burning of Central World (and dozens of other places) was the work of Red Shirts; just because they haven't been individually identified makes no difference, they said they'd do it, then they did it, all on camera and photographs for the world to see and spinsters to try to deny.

• Like 2

Good thing that there's ample photographic and video evidence of Red Shirts setting the place on fire (after threatening to do just that, to Central World and many other places), but that doesn't stop you from claiming they didn't do it, does it?

Well I'll look forward to prosecutions of any red shirt members who have been clearly identified and proved to be responsible. Can't say fairer than that - there are prosecutions in the pipeline I take it, after all it's been 4 years?

Oh, and how are the prosecutions going of those red shirts who were revealed in the new footage "clearly showing red shirt supporters torching Central World" that ex dem MP Sirichoke Sopha unveiled on "Blue Sky" TV back in January? It's just that I've heard nothing more about that - surely he gave the footage as evidence to the authorities?

Maybe now that the police have been purged of Thaksin's loyalists there is some hope of that as with the Red Shirts murders that went unimpeded until a change of management a few months ago.

However the fact stands that, in spite of your obfuscations, the burning of Central World (and dozens of other places) was the work of Red Shirts; just because they haven't been individually identified makes no difference, they said they'd do it, then they did it, all on camera and photographs for the world to see and spinsters to try to deny.

Of course, they could have been people dressed up as red shirts to fool everyone.

Fake arsonists, fake farmers protesting against not being paid for months, fake PTP supporters attacking anti-Shin protesters, fake PTP supporters murdering anti-Shin protesters, fake PTP ministers calling for insurrection and treasonable acts - all false flag operations to discredit the innocent peace loving Shin gang.

No one would believe such nonsense really ....................... would they................ from the party that openly says lies are acceptable, lying is ethical and act accordingly?

It says they were acquitted because of lack of evidence. Not "No evidence", just lack of evidence.

Correct. The should be acquitted if there is not sufficient evidence to prove they did it. It does not mean that all red shirts are innocent of this crime.

It also does not mean ANY redshirts were guilty of this crime.

Correct - just as it doesn't say it was not ANY red shirts. It says these 2 gentlemen have been acquitted for lack of evidence - what some legal systems call "not proven".

Hopefully, the police will now try and find the guilty persons using all the evidence available.

Correct - just as it doesn't say it was not ANY red shirts. It says these 2 gentlemen have been acquitted for lack of evidence - what some legal systems call "not proven".

Hopefully, the police will now try and find the guilty persons using all the evidence available.

Ofcourse, it is possible that they had the guilty persons using all the evidence available, just not enough to convince the judges beyond reasonable doubt.

Take a good look at all these incidents---Yingluck/Family/red shirts/ --re courts.(and others) lack of evidence ??? who provides EVIDENCE ?? what are the police supposed to do, wait for it to turn up ?? I am afraid there is something seriously wrong here. Hasn't most posters noticed this--yes. things like element of doubt, or we did not get them red haanded, or bit of a prickly subject when connected persons are involved....................hope things change because all this x police handling is very suspect in the least..

Yes most of the evidence against them was gathered under the PTP ruling term. Is any one surprised naive that their was not enough evidence.

Not pointing fingers but there is one with the number 4 in his avatar who is.whistling.gif

Of course, they could have been people dressed up as red shirts to fool everyone.

Fake arsonists, fake farmers protesting against not being paid for months, fake PTP supporters attacking anti-Shin protesters, fake PTP supporters murdering anti-Shin protesters, fake PTP ministers calling for insurrection and treasonable acts - all false flag operations to discredit the innocent peace loving Shin gang.

No one would believe such nonsense really ....................... would they................ from the party that openly says lies are acceptable, lying is ethical and act accordingly?

You forgot the best one, the monument to intellectual dishonesty, that towering pile of BS so big that we'd have to resurrect both Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzig Norgay to attempt the summit: that it couldn't had been the Red Shirts because, although they did in fact start the fires, they were no longer around were the building was gutted by it.

It's like "no your honor, I didn't kill that man, I just deliberately let go of the rock above him but it was the force of gravity that pulled it into his head."

So have the people who shut down the airports been prosecuted? Don't recall reading about them.....one might think that shutting down the airports and causing huge loss of money as well would be some kind of crime?

Yes, several have been indicted and the cases are going through the justice system.

Excellent verdict! The whole world knows that the torching of Bangkok shopping malls was carried out by yellow shirt thugs and made to look like it was done by the elderly peaceful protesters demonstrating for democracy! Maybe there is hope for equal justice yet smile.png

You must be living in another world then the rest of us.

post-35489-0-79728400-1409852947.gif

Noun: sarcasm - witty language used to convey insults or scorn

rolleyes.gif

So have the people who shut down the airports been prosecuted? Don't recall reading about them.....one might think that shutting down the airports and causing huge loss of money as well would be some kind of crime?

Maybe you should read the news occasionally.

They're on bail, still it's only 6 years ago since the offences were committed, no rush.

P.S. 9 of them breached bail conditions by participating in sutheps coup provoking rallies. However the judges ruled that only 3 of them should have their bail privileges revoked. Mind you that was back in May and as far as I know they're still walking the streets. If anybody has any information to share on the fate of Sub Lt Samdin Lertbut, Ratchayut Sirayothinpakdi and Pichit Chaimongkol do let me know.

Needless to say not one of the PAD protesters who were finally indicted in May 2013 have seen the inside of a jail, not that there's any double standards, mind.

Edited by fab4
  • Like 1

Excellent verdict! The whole world knows that the torching of Bangkok shopping malls was carried out by yellow shirt thugs and made to look like it was done by the elderly peaceful protesters demonstrating for democracy! Maybe there is hope for equal justice yet smile.png

Could you please explain in simple terms just HOW the whole world knows this?

Do you have any links or proof of this.

If you do KNOW this were you a witness for the defence at the trial?

• January 27, Natthawut Saikua, a red leader, spoke to the red crowd at Khao Soi Dao, Chanthaburi. He said: "If they seize power, we'll start fires throughout the whole country. Burn them all, my fellow friends and brothers. I will assume the sole responsibility. If they want to find fault with someone, come and get me. If you seize power, just burn it."
  • January 29, Arisman Pongruengrong, another hardcore red leader, told a red rally: "We'll have an appointment next time. If they are going to crack down on us, we don't need to prepare anything much. Just bring along your cups or bottles, which you can fill up with at least one litre of gasoline. If one million of us come to Bangkok, we'll have one million litres of gasoline. I can assure you that Bangkok will turn into a sea of fire."

Or maybe it was Jeff Savage that did it?

Unless of course it is a DEM conspiracy and they planted this red shirt fanatic in with the terrorists?

Red shirt terrorist fanatics = muppets.

​I pity Boxclever the most for the post he made. I suspect he thinks the water rose to engulf the Titanic too.

Of course I will not throw sh@t at the courts or burn effigies of the judges because I don't agree with the decision. I will accept it and move on. That is what democratic people do you know….

Is this guy still walking around anywhere? His village seems to have misplaced their local idiot.

They're on bail, still it's only 6 years ago since the offences were committed, no rush.

P.S. 9 of them breached bail conditions by participating in sutheps coup provoking rallies. However the judges ruled that only 3 of them should have their bail privileges revoked. Mind you that was back in May and as far as I know they're still walking the streets. If anybody has any information to share on the fate of Sub Lt Samdin Lertbut, Ratchayut Sirayothinpakdi and Pichit Chaimongkol do let me know.

Needless to say not one of the PAD protesters who were finally indicted in May 2013 have seen the inside of a jail, not that there's any double standards, mind.

Thanks for updating 'pomchop'. Hopefully he can recall this next time the red shirts are mentioned.

what I will never understand in Thailand is how the prosecution can appeal an acquittal. that has to be the most backwards idea in any court system.

Just a guess, but I guess more countries have this than do not. For example, the much revered International Criminal Court, where everyone wants to send their favourite dictator, has it. French legal systems have it, which is where Thailand picked it up. "Double jeopardy" is pretty much an English law benefit, not a general one at all.

• Like 1

Thanks for updating 'pomchop'. Hopefully he can recall this next time the red shirts are mentioned.

The difference is, Whybother, that none of those indicted PAD members have seen the inside of a jail. UDD members were prosecuted in very quick time after the event of the alleged crimes, jailed and refused bail. The two subjects of the OP were imprisoned from May 2010 until March 2013. Hence my sarcastic reference to double standards - just in case it was too subtle for you.

• Like 1

• January 27, Natthawut Saikua, a red leader, spoke to the red crowd at Khao Soi Dao, Chanthaburi. He said: "If they seize power, we'll start fires throughout the whole country. Burn them all, my fellow friends and brothers. I will assume the sole responsibility. If they want to find fault with someone, come and get me. If you seize power, just burn it."
  • January 29, Arisman Pongruengrong, another hardcore red leader, told a red rally: "We'll have an appointment next time. If they are going to crack down on us, we don't need to prepare anything much. Just bring along your cups or bottles, which you can fill up with at least one litre of gasoline. If one million of us come to Bangkok, we'll have one million litres of gasoline. I can assure you that Bangkok will turn into a sea of fire."

Or maybe it was Jeff Savage that did it?

Unless of course it is a DEM conspiracy and they planted this red shirt fanatic in with the terrorists?

Red shirt terrorist fanatics = muppets.

​I pity Boxclever the most for the post he made. I suspect he thinks the water rose to engulf the Titanic too.

Of course I will not throw sh@t at the courts or burn effigies of the judges because I don't agree with the decision. I will accept it and move on. That is what democratic people do you know….

Re Titanic. "Yes. When it stopped to take on ice."