Spel Chek

glamont002

As per 'Ode to my spell checker' (It's not my work but do not know the author)

Eye halve a spelling checker
It came with my pea sea.
It plainly marks four my revue miss steaks eye kin knot sea.
Eye strike a quay and type a word and weight for it to say
Weather eye yam wrong oar write.
It shows me strait a weigh as soon as a mist ache is maid.
It nose bee fore two long and eye can put the error rite.
Its rare lea ever wrong.
Eye have run this poem threw it,
I am shore your pleased to no.
Its letter perfect awl the way.
My checker told me sew.

• Like 2

Remember with the smart phones they quite often will enter words that you did not type or spell them differently. They are good for spell checking, but you have to proof read, which most people like me dont. If it is only a short time after your post, you can't edit it.

glamont002

Posted Today, 14:40

I fin it amazin how bad da spellin is on many poats on the Thai Visa web sait. Their ar many imbasiles out ther. Mabe Thai Visa could ad a spel chek feture?

looks like there are even some "imbasiles" out here who don't know that a spell checker is part of a browser and hasn't anything to do with Thaivisa.

Edited by dBrown

But, there is a spell check on TV.

TV does not have spell checking, it is built into your browser. Firefox underlines the spelling error in red.

From the forum rules, which the OP is stepping on already: wink.png

While we make allowances for members who do not speak English as their first language, we expect everyone to make an effort to post in a manner which allows others to understand their posts. Posts full of intentional misspellings, all caps, no caps, l33tspeak, or similar slang may be deleted in order to preserve a standard of readability. This is a forum, not an SMS or Twitter message.

As long as it can be read, who gives a damn if the spelling is correct. I speak fluent French, but no way would i be able to write it properly.

OP should relax and accept the writing for wot it is an not get in a tizz.

This is not the Shakespeare Appreciation Forum. In fact, it should be the Rabbie Burns Appreciation Forum.

Edited by Patsycat

As long as it can be read, who gives a damn if the spelling is correct.

A few typos is understandable. Everybody makes the occasional mistake. That's why there's an edit window here. But when a post is riddled with spelling and grammar errors it becomes a chore to read. Writers who expect their audience to correct their mistakes are writers who will be skipped over the next time their name precedes a paragraph.

Clear and concise writing is a pleasure to read. But after mistake after mistake starts popping up in a post, that's when my finger hits the scroll wheel on the mouse. Especially if it's simple third grade things like how to use an apostrophe or the difference between to, too and two.

"Farang" sounds about right, maybe "Falang". TV poster give us

Farong, Falung, Fereng, Farung, Frang, and many more.

The only spelling more irritating is the guy who takes a ride in a "Tuck Tuck".

Edited by arunsakda