The end of it. Any chance to get my money back?

Derailed

I recommend the gem trade with nearby country that is known for its gem stones, have a friend send you an email offering to buy all you can get him. Get her involved, she will love it, but the gem trader will insist the money bank Tx and must come from outside, no solly not take Thai… mai Dai.

All monies back into your ex pat bank account…all done !

• Like 2

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion Plan A is not a good idea. The option with the lawyer need a lot of time. Once she get informed from your lawyer she will take out the money from the accounts and all your money gone.

I would tell her a nice story, .....have children together.....buying a bigger house.....

Sorry to hear...

But as a married couple... what makes you think the money belongs to you anymore?

She cant get back all the sex she gave you... Im not saying you came to Thailand for that...

Edited by thhMan

I also said I dont want the House ,car ect but my lawyer told me to claim for all of it. Which i did , what it does is it stacks more chips on your side , so they will be more likely to cough up cash , which is all you want. I did that to get custody of my kids believe it or not, had to buy them basically

• Like 1

Ok heres a suggestion. You will need a friend with a property to help.

You tell her the friend is desperate to sell as he is going home. The house is worth 5 million but he will sell it for 2 million in cash so you want the money from the account. You will put the house in her name. Once you have the cash, disappear.

Or if you want to be nasty. Tell her you want to build a bigger house on your property, perhaps with an annex for the parents. First you need the cash in your account to pay the architects, demolition builders etc. Buy some bog standard blueprints off the internet to show her the new place.

Once you have the cash in your bank, rent a place nearby for you both and move in. Hire the demolition men and the day the house comes down be on a plane. Job done

• Like 2

Do not say anything yet to her then be all good with her but still gather evidence of the cheating. Ask her money for some overseas investment and tell her that this money will be doubled and put back in the gold account thing. Then once that money is out of thailand there is your time to reveal your evidences to her. You should not rusg anything now, you will lose all your cash. Be smart and next time never put your money on a thai person account.

if the money is in her account then it is hers. if you gave it to her to put in her account then it is hers. if you gave me 2 million baht to put in my account without any formal considerations or contract then it would be mine.

unless she decides to refund you then you have zero chance of any court making her return any money she recieved from you.

being married means that you are entitled to half the house if it was purchased after you were married.

in simple terms if you give someone - wether it be your wife, friend, mother, child, or a stranger - some money then one day you decide you want it back, unfortunatley there is no court that could legally have the recipient return that money.

I'm sure it's more complicated than that so I don't think your reply is entirely correct.

I'm very very sure but not going to go into the details as it's a subject for a whole new tread and I'm not willing to discuss it.

I agree that she could become wild when confronted with evidence but I haven't seen this (her wild side) in her to be honest.

Maybe you should consider accepting the fact that you're no longer in a mutually monogamous relationship. Act accordingly and avoid confrontation while you can. Work on gradually liquidating your assets. Does the joint bank account need either or both signatures for transactions? Don't allow her to get pregnant by you.

• Like 1

OP,

1. Say nothing to her, act normal;

2. Speak to you know who and take advice;

3. Make a list of all the assets and get all the evidence together showing how those assets came from you;

4. Gather evidence of the affair.

This goes nowhere without hard evidence and a paper trail.

Get movin' you've got your work cut out,

You need to follow Blackadder's baldrick and have a cunning and a subtle plan...

Yes it is complicated, I mentioned that most of the money was transferred to her gold trading account which is purely on her name and this is the issue, this is why I started this topic.

Sorry if it wasn't clear.

Probably because you said:

Right now there's about 2.2 million baht in our joint account
As a proof that this is my money

But you're married, which means assets and liabilities are shared.

- I'm not looking for a pity.

If you weren't looking for pity you'd find a good lawyer and not broadcast your personal (self-serving) soap opera on Thai Visa.

We all make decisions ... and predictable or at least foreseeable consequences arise from those decisions. Seeking sympathy or advice on Thai Visa is just one more in a succession of poor decisions you've made. If this happened back in Farang Land ... and it happens there with overwhelming frequency ... would you use YouTube or Facebook or the local weekly market newspaper to alert everyone?

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

Brother, if you are looking to deploy a reserve parachute in case the main one fails, your marriage is already over- you are in free fall. Doesn't matter what got you here, unless you fix the underlying issue there is only one way this will end. Repair your marriage or exit your marriage. By this route you are allowing time to choose for you.

Are there not many posts already on TV regarding the division of assets upon divorce? It seems that irrespective of who owned the funds originally it is always a 50/50 split and I expect that 50% is better than nothing. I would assume that divorce is being considered as any relationship worthy of the name is primarily based on trust.

Hello

'

I do hope you use Ron Crystal you won't find a better Lawyer for your problem.

If you get a Divorce he can prepare what you want and include what you agree ON THE DIVORCE DOCUMENT.

Usually there is compromise with the agreement of what your Wife gets.

Best of Luck

PS I did very well got the Land and the House and she got very little. Don;t believe that WE always lose...not true!

And what did you do with the Land?

• Like 1

Another One American....

Your comment stating than Ron Crystal is working illegally is a gross insult which could get YOU into trouble legally.

His name is an adopted one as his full name is very difficult for us!

For your information he is a THAI CITIZEN.....not just RESIDENT BUT A CITIZEN!

Wash your mouth out!

• Like 1

Another One American....

Your comment stating than Ron Crystal is working illegally is a gross insult which could get YOU into trouble legally.

His name is an adopted one as his full name is very difficult for us!

For your information he is a THAI CITIZEN.....not just RESIDENT BUT A CITIZEN!

Wash your mouth out!

Are there not many posts already on TV regarding the division of assets upon divorce? It seems that irrespective of who owned the funds originally it is always a 50/50 split and I expect that 50% is better than nothing. I would assume that divorce is being considered as any relationship worthy of the name is primarily based on trust.

Is it always a 50/50? It seems like infidelity makes this an exception, no?

• Like 1